[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Submarines units for Khral and Titans
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
Incarceron

[Avatar]
Incarceron

Hello everyone, I recently play many games where the sea takes its importance in the match. But in all these games I was Khral and my opponent was titans. And when my opponent begin to spam skimmer andr I have nothing to counter his attack : skimmer are too strong comparated to my poor kraken... They make more damage, they have a huge range so I have the obligation to go closer but skimmer can kill a kraken I 2 shoot... And when I finally can attack skimmer I make only 5 or 6 damage to them against 5 damage for me! That's unfair I don't see the differenceof the 3 shield in close combat... So please patch skimmer or improve kraken but do something this is unbalanced!
duaneski |TT|

duaneski |TT|

I actually agree with you. This is something I believe the balance team is working on as well.

Unfortunately i think they're split on what change(s) to make.

Being discussed are options such as:
- Making it a 2 action unit with, let's say a 6 mobility.

- making it mobility 12.
- increasing some stats or something :p

So who knows. I'll ask my contact where they are with it. And get back to you when he gets back to me
OmegaD

OmegaD

I don't think of kraken as anti-sub units. Salamander (+ leviathan) seem like a more cost-effective option to me.

Imo kraken are badass as they are; they're impossible to kill (unless you spend a fortune on skimmers) and their un-submerge attack is ruthless.

Another thing to consider is that almost all of the khral units can get involved in water battles, whereas almost none of the titan units can.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Aug 10, 2018 02:25

duaneski |TT|

duaneski |TT|

All valid points mr Omega
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

we considered giving the kraken 2 actions at move 6.. seemed like a good idea.. but in reality a kraken could then kill any of the capital ships in one turn... wich is to much.. so its either that +a nerf on other stats or something else..
The idea for kraken we are mostly agree on is attack range 0-2 on surface.. it will not affect sea battles so much , but will make the kraken more useful vs other (land) targets

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
duaneski |TT|

duaneski |TT|

simsverd wrote:we considered giving the kraken 2 actions at move 6.. seemed like a good idea.. but in reality a kraken could then kill any of the capital ships in one turn... wich is to much.. so its either that +a nerf on other stats or something else..
The idea for kraken we are mostly agree on is attack range 0-2 on surface.. it will not affect sea battles so much , but will make the kraken more useful vs other (land) targets

Can you pretty please make it mobility 11 underwater as well?
Auditore89

Auditore89

Well, we're missing the costs here, skimmer are almost "water plasma tanks" when Kraken are same price as garuda. And yet, Kraken resists much better to attacks from basically anything. Titans in general have advantage only with great credit income. Otherwise, krhals always win with larger numbers.
The Impaler

The Impaler

Kraken Just got a buff, it may get more buffs in the future.

Member of the balance team
Highest Score: 2685
Highest Rank: #4
Current Rank: N/A
Highest Championship Ranking: 4th
Highest Tournament Ranking: 4th
Current Record: 131W, 14D, 4L
Winner of Duaneski's mapmaker challenge
Winner of Angkor's 2v2 Grand mapmaking challenge
Winner of Lkasr's 3-Minute Tournament
[WWW]
Forum Index » New Feature Request