[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Zone of control for sub
Forum Index » Bug Reports
HaBe

HaBe

Question: Shouldnt the ZOC also work for submarines? Currently it seems it doesnt.
duaneski |TT|

duaneski |TT|

I believe it's working as intended that submerged submarines don't have a zoc.

I think that It's easy enough to come up with a logical kinda reason that they would behave this way.

I haven't seen it be a big issue from a balance perspective, personally. Though certainly it could be something that surprises players using them initially.

Good question. I hope that helps to sorta answer your question / concern
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

They also don't show predicted damage, which has less of a "logical kinda reason".

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
The Impaler

The Impaler

thats up to the devs, assuming they know

Member of the balance team
Highest Score: 2685
Highest Rank: #4
Current Rank: N/A
Highest Championship Ranking: 4th
Highest Tournament Ranking: 4th
Current Record: 131W, 14D, 4L
Winner of Duaneski's mapmaker challenge
Winner of Angkor's 2v2 Grand mapmaking challenge
Winner of Lkasr's 3-Minute Tournament
[WWW]
IvanK

IvanK

While on the topic of bugged submergables, did anyone else experience no submerged bonus defense on the turn the unit is built? Something like this: in SvK build a submarine while swarmer is close by, swarmer attacks from a distance and deals ~4 damage but this turn only and barely 1 on later turns (even is sub stays in naval base). I've seen this issue only in vs AI games since in vs humans I was never in the situation where I'd build a submarine when opponent can reach it. Oh and AI cheats, it can see and attack a sub without getting close to it, making submarine vs AI's destroyer bad matchup.
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

IvanK wrote:While on the topic of bugged submergables, did anyone else experience no submerged bonus defense on the turn the unit is built? Something like this: in SvK build a submarine while swarmer is close by, swarmer attacks from a distance and deals ~4 damage but this turn only and barely 1 on later turns (even is sub stays in naval base). I've seen this issue only in vs AI games since in vs humans I was never in the situation where I'd build a submarine when opponent can reach it.

Send me an unrated game request and we can test it.

Oh and AI cheats, it can see and attack a sub without getting close to it, making submarine vs AI's destroyer bad matchup.

The bots do lots of odd things, they are dumb though and need all the help they can get.
http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/3150.page

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
IvanK

IvanK

wookieontheweb wrote:
  IvanK wrote:While on the topic of bugged submergables, did anyone else experience no submerged bonus defense on the turn the unit is built? Something like this: in SvK build a submarine while swarmer is close by, swarmer attacks from a distance and deals ~4 damage but this turn only and barely 1 on later turns (even is sub stays in naval base). I've seen this issue only in vs AI games since in vs humans I was never in the situation where I'd build a submarine when opponent can reach it.

Send me an unrated game request and we can test it.

Oh and AI cheats, it can see and attack a sub without getting close to it, making submarine vs AI's destroyer bad matchup.

The bots do lots of odd things, they are dumb though and need all the help they can get.
http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/3150.page

Sorry, I thought I'd have some time but real life was not so kind, so no invite yet...

I'm generally OK with AI getting help in otherwise fair games but when playing campaign (player made one) odds are already stacked against you, AI starts with more units and more bases and you have to play a lot more "smarts" cards then in usual vs AI games. When opposition starts spamming destroyers I'd really like to respond with submarines to benefit from more efficient trading. But instead of ship running into your wolfpack, it starts to sniping them from 3 tile range retaliation free. Instead of subs pulling ships toward more subs, ships get to pull subs toward more ships. I don't have to elaborate how subs trade poorly in such situation.
HaBe

HaBe

duaneski |TT| wrote:I believe it's working as intended that submerged submarines don't have a zoc.

The problem is, that it is stated otherwise in the unit info screen.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 28, 2018 18:54

Forum Index » Bug Reports