[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Finding Players for Team Tournaments
Forum Index » General Discussion
General Ledger

General Ledger

Hi, Fairly new to Uniwar. I like the turn based challenge, and the fact that this isn't a pay to win game. Most of all I like that all the players I've come across have shown class, no flaming or political ramblings.

Just started getting into tournaments and I thought a team one would be fun. For those of you who have played, just wondering how you found your teammates. Do you know each other in real life or just find each other in the course of playing?
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I am in a few teams and I've never met any of the people from UW (at least if I have neither of us knew it!). I've found the map making community the most talkative but things are much quieter now. There is an unofficial UW Discord group that is reasonably active and also some people frequent the English room in game (not me personally).

- When you find someone that you like playing with add them as a friend.
- Don't be afraid to talk to people in game, but don't be upset if they don't respond.
- Build some of your own maps and put them in the random games area (set the level reasonably high 1700+ so you get less games that start but never go more than 2 moves). Talk to people about the map, its an easy conversation starter.
- Start games with players in your friends list either maps you've created, or maps you find challenging and/or interesting. Again try not to get too upset if they reject your game as many of us are busy people (CEOs if the hype is to be believed ... though that might just have been Xavi).
- Start 3+ Free For All maps (either with friends list or randoms). It's the only way some of these maps can get started so others will be more interested in the challenge. Warning 6 or 8 player FFA should only be attempted if you know and trust everyone in the group as early surrenders/skips kill these matches and they can take a long time.
- Post a message asking for a team mate. Include your rating as IMO team games are better when you are roughly similar in skill.
- Persuade a real friend to join UW

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 05, 2018 11:02

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
General Ledger

General Ledger

Thank you for the thoughtful reply. Some good suggestions there, I wasn't sure if it was bad etiquette to talk during games because I haven't seen anyone do it, save for a "good game" at the end.

If that doesn't work, I will try my hand at map making.
Forum Index » General Discussion