[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Is uniwar dead?
Forum Index » General Discussion
Isaac Simone

Isaac Simone

Well mabye dead isn't the right word.
I have been playing uniwar for a while and have only seen one real update. This was where they updated the campaign. Are they planning for updates and will they be out soon? If so what will these updates be like? Wait do devs even read these? If there not planning new content they should get a Dev that will.
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

Dev work is far, far slower than it was before Spooky House. My guess is the amount of time any of SH products gets dev work is directly proportional to the amount of income they generate, so UW is probably 1 release per year at best. Before it was sold it was a labour of love for Xavi, now it is a commercial product and subject to those limitations.

Given I'd rather they didn't add far more revenue generation streams (banner ads, pay to win units, etc) my hope is they release the code so that the community can work on it. I'd be happy if they did that but maintained all rights over the code (i.e. not really open source). I strongly suspect that UW attracts a higher percentage of geeky people than most games and therefor has more individuals with the skills and time to add features to the game. Sadly even releasing the code for a community to work on takes time and effort, so it's not likely.

In short be happy with what you've got. Chess and Go haven't been developed for a while and I will still play both of those.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Uniwar is still being developed. Pashaka from spookyhouse have done much work, although not all visible to all..
- bugfixes
- UI improvements (chat, chatrooms, report messages etc etc)
- some new campaign missions
- many usermade maps in offline mode
- daily replays
- daily challenge
Currently we are testing out custom tourney feature where players can make and admin own tourneys. (this will be an IAP)

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
The Impaler

The Impaler

yes, most people dont see it, but he posts a new apk basically once a week. hes been doing a lot.

Wookie, it only seems that way. everything spooky has done so far has been about fixing bugs that existed for a decade, and adding features that have been needed for years, like custom tournaments. Nothing they have done has been related to monetization at all.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 06, 2018 16:46

Member of the balance team
Highest Score: 2685
Highest Rank: #4
Current Rank: N/A
Highest Championship Ranking: 4th
Highest Tournament Ranking: 4th
Current Record: 131W, 14D, 4L
Winner of Duaneski's mapmaker challenge
Winner of Angkor's 2v2 Grand mapmaking challenge
Winner of Lkasr's 3-Minute Tournament
[WWW]
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I'm a beta tester but I didn't realise that the push notifications for updates only happen for the public release.
I've updated now and there are some changes. I've got a mission to do

It would be nice if SH posted their release notes for the beta here, then I would have spotted it and others would realised that work is being done.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

The beta program on google play is not updated.. all betas are on the uniwar website (download APK)

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
Forum Index » General Discussion