[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Infinite Undo - no longer available for purchase?
Forum Index » General Discussion
Buffalo Ken

Buffalo Ken

Sorry if this has already been discussed (I searched and couldn't find anything...).
Anyhow, has the option to purchase "Infinite Undo turn" been taken away?
I would like to purchase this, but it is grayed out and says "Coming Soon".

Thanks for any feedback.
Buffalo Ken
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

It is correct that infinite undo is removed from the store.

It will be part on a new purchasable item in the store soon to come : "uniwar pro"
Uniwar pro will be a purchasable for shorter or longer time and will include:
- unlimited undo
- all units unlocked
- AI bot to take your turn instead of being skipped

Btw, undo and use of units not owned will still be available by watching an ad if you dont want to spend money.

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

Ooo pro version I want AlphaGo as my AI, or Glados.

That reply made me go and look on the store. I have infinite undo but i can still buy undo tokens which seems odd. Though 4 credits for 100 seems like a bargain!

Also "rewarded video for game win bonus" cost 0 credits? That's not good English. Maybe its just a debug thing because I'm on the beta. It doesn't make much sense and it doesn't seem to do anything.

version 1.15.13

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

here is the latest alpha : http://www.uniwar.com/app/uniwar.apk
(with uniwar pro in the works)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 14, 2019 19:05

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
Buffalo Ken

Buffalo Ken

Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully it won't be long before I can buy this as I really need it!
I'm late in discovering this game, but it is really a gem and I've told all my old-time gaming friends that this is one we can play remotely.
Oh yeah, one last thing: I believe the current price is 100 turn undo for a cost of 4 coin each --- for a total of 400 coin! Alternatively you can pay 5 coin per undo. Those who already have infinite undo have the advantage. I suppose that is the price you have to pay when you are late to the party.

Cheers,
Buffalo Ken

0james0

0james0

I'm pretty sure many years ago when I first started playing this game I paid around £5 for it. I've stopped playing for a year or so and have come back to some great new features, but a game littered with constant adverts. I now read that there will be a "pro" version and other forms of payment needed, I get the economics needed to continue to run and improve the game, but I do not feel people who have had the game since 2012 should have to pay more money for basic things like stopping ads for undo turn.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

0james0 wrote:... but I do not feel people who have had the game since 2012 should have to pay more money for basic things like stopping ads for undo turn.

I disagree on that.. as a long time player myself (29/11-2010). Undo was never part of the features when uniwar cost money.. it was a trick to log in between accounts.
Uniwar have evolved a lot from when it cost 5$.. and you really cant expect the developers to give away all new features for free...

[Email]
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

"0james0 wrote: ...money for basic things like stopping ads for undo turn"

This is actually done for your convenience ... honest. If you have no undo tokens then you are given the option to view an ad to undo that turn.
You can go and watch a bunch of ads in the bank, earn credits that way and then buy some undo tokens. I know, that's still just watching ads to undo, but is a little cheaper 400uc for 100 undo tokens.
However you also earn credits for completing the campaign, finishing a game, winning a game, playing team games, being a member for a year, winning some competitions (and maybe some others). All these also generate credits with which you can buy tokens or if you save up infinite undo (now in pro version).
Or you have the option to pay real cash for credits and buy Pro.

And I believe you can still use the old school method of logging between 2 accounts when you mess up. Though 30 second ad vs log out, log in, log out, re-login, restart game. Not sure that's faster anymore, but there's no ads.

Try going through the campaign again, I think its worth 500+uc though that might be less if you've played it before. I am a little surprised you haven't got an amassed load of credits already.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 21, 2019 17:18

0james0

0james0

Some good ideas, haven't done the new campaign, I've got a bunch of credits, but not loads, when I last played I'm not even sure if credits were a thing, so am only earning them now.

I would happily bank enough credits to buy the infinite undo, but that doesn't seem to be an option and the only way to now get it is to essentially buy the game again. My main frustration is that some people now have the infinite undo, but didn't ever pay for the game, others now don't have that luxury despite having already paid.

I'm glad it exists, same for showing the damage as that levelled the playing field to stop the account switchers having an advantage.

I mainly think that anyone who already paid once for the game should automatically be upgraded to the pro version for free. Even a semi pro version to say thanks for helping fund the game when it started.
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I mainly think that anyone who already paid once for the game should automatically be upgraded to the pro version for free. Even a semi pro version to say thanks for helping fund the game when it started.

Sims said purchasable in the store. In the normal UW style that would mean for a number of Uni-coins, which you could save up for by playing the game. UW has generally held very true to the fact that it is not pay to win and personally pro only being available for real cash would feel like the start of the slippery slope in that direction. Hopefully Sims can enlighten us.

Having said that UW is the only mobile game i have ever spent money on 1200 & 550 (+ i got a bonus 1000 from Xavi for working out how to reproduce a fairly significant bug). Given I've been playing every day for 3 years now i think that's definitely value for money. If when i started there was a pro version then I'd probably have spent real money for that, not because i had to but because i felt UW deserved it.

I understand your frustration that you paid for a game that has since become free. However the $5 you paid would only be worth about 500 uni-coin which wasnt enough to buy infinite undo, let alone all the new units, colours or flags.

To me a reasonable compromise would be to give legacy players such as yourself a bonus 500 non transferable uni-coins. Then depending on how much pro costs (assuming it's buyable with uni-coins) you'll either be able to afford it maybe with a bit of play and/or ad watching. Or buy a small number more coins to short cut the process.

0james0

0james0

Don't get me wrong, it's an outstanding game and I'm really enjoying playing again, was nice to have to learn new units and see loads of new features when I started playing again, I think I'm mainly frustrated because I'm impatient and those 30 second ads kill me and then I see others with infinite undo, that I currently have no way of getting. The current fremium model definitely works and should help the developers esrn more, which will ultimately develop the game and benefit us, I just don't fancy having to pay again.

But you made some good points and some good comprises that would make long term players not feel hard done by, while also not making new players feel left out for only just finding the game.

But currently, the game is still fair, you cannot pay to win, its still based on skill and Im sure it will stay that way.

It's a hard balance though and you can't please everyone, I dread to think of the uproar when full undo turn was launched, I'm sure many didn't like that either
The Impaler

The Impaler

If you get every update for free then what would incentivise the devs to make new features for you? They deserve compensation somehow. All games have DLC or stop production entirely.

Member of the balance team
Highest Score: 2685
Highest Rank: #4
Current Rank: N/A
Highest Championship Ranking: 4th
Highest Tournament Ranking: 4th
Current Record: 131W, 14D, 4L
Winner of Duaneski's mapmaker challenge
Winner of Angkor's 2v2 Grand mapmaking challenge
Winner of Lkasr's 3-Minute Tournament
[WWW]
0james0

0james0

There are plenty of reasons to still pay for coins to support the developers, cosmetic things, I just think anyone that paid £5 for the original game, should be given something as a thanks compared to being treated the same as someone who has spent £0 on the game when it changed to heing free.
Forum Index » General Discussion