[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Done with Uniwar until they fix the game
Forum Index » General Discussion
lion37

lion37

First - thank you to the Uniwar team. I love this game and it is by far the best $1 I have ever spent.

Second - I am sure some will be happy to hear I am done playing Uniwar for now. Will finish my current games, but not signup for any new games.

I am posting this with the hope of making the game better and also because I am so addicted that only by publicly posting is there any chance I will actually quit.

The game just has too many balance problems and is no longer interesting.
I will return to playing when they (at the very least) fix the following issues:

1) Eliminate random attack factors or make them per attack (not per turn).
2) Nerf the Heli.
3) Do something to end EMP spam
4) Make UV blasts hurt buried underlings.
5) Make the Marauder cost 350.
6) Improve Khars a little. Maybe by letting the Underlings and Pinzers attack air units.

In previous posts I have discussed each of this issues at length. In my (humble) opinion, they are obviously needed.

Sap's just completely dominate without these changes and Titans only win in specialized maps that let them build up a long time before being attacked.

Anonymous

Anonymous
i concur with pretty much everything you said. the game has gotten a bit tedious with the same maps getting created with sapiens going first. they're unstoppable with the marauder and helis. they need to put the khraleans and titans on steroids or something, otherwise forget it.
ArcaneWeapon

ArcaneWeapon

I completely agree with point 5. Marauders are so incredibly broken right now that it's ridiculous. It feels like they were developed without the realization of how powerful acting twice in a round really is, especially considering gang-up.
Anonymous

Anonymous
Just had 2 fully healthy walkers fire on a Heli. And the Heli still got away with 1 life.

Anyone that knows this game well should understand how unfair, unbalanced, and silly that is.

[Avatar]
kralux

[Avatar]
kralux

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Lion37, we will continue to make fixes so that the game is better balanced and hopefully you'll come back to it soon.

The UniWar Team
Anonymous

Anonymous
re the heli surviving 2 healthy walker attacks, that's happened to me as well. not to mention the ability to survive 2 garuda + 1 swarmer attack. when a 500cr heli can survive attacks from 1500cr and 950cr units, there's a serious problem.

something has to be done to sapiens to limit their power and range.
GameShaman

GameShaman

I'd just like to point out that I don't think the helicopter surviving the attacks in the previous posts is that horrible.

First, the credit argument has no ground. A 100 credit unit can survive an attack from an 800 credit unit, that's an 8:1 ratio. A helicopter (500 credit unit) surviving attacks from 1500 credits worth and 950 credits worth of units are only 3:1 and 1.9:1 ratios, significantly smaller.

Also, those walkers didn't take any damage attacking that helicopter and the helicopter is out of commission for several turns. Not a bad trade off.

The 500 credit Titan unit (Plasma Tank) can survive with 1 health vs. 3 of the 550 credit Sapien long range unit (Battery).

That seems fair to me.

~Jeff
[Yahoo!] [ICQ]
Anonymous

Anonymous
Re: the 2 walkers vs 1 heli.

I dont think that simply comparing unit cost vs. unit cost is a valid argument here.

Do you know how absurdly difficult it is to actually get into a sitation where 2 fully healthy walkers can both fire on a Heli? You have to build the walkers, protect them, move them, move your other units out of the way, protect your walkers some more, wait for the Heli to move into range....

And all the while the very manuverable Heli is attacking you wherever you are weakest.

And after all that to have the Heli escape alive back to its waiting Engineer and come back in a few rounds... Come on, seriously?
lion37

lion37

Congratulations guys!

The Uniwar development team has made some very good changes and has shown that they care about the game and making it better for all. Thanks Developers!

I am officially back to playing Uniwar after the 3 long and painful days of Uniwar Withdrawal Syndrome (TM)

Regarding the changes - I agree with all of them. My intuition is that these changes will ultimately not be enough, but lets play for a while and see. I still think EMP should have been changed to damage buried underlings since Titans have no other way of dealing with them (while Saps can just build lots of flying units).
Brennus

Brennus

Thanks you Uniwar devs!
With helicopters and infantry dominating the forests and mountains AND mauraders ruling the open plains, not to mention EMP spam, the game was becoming impossible to play as either Khrals or Titans.
Nice to see that both of these were tweaked while the Sapiens keep their balanced and manouverable role.
Now it's time for us Bugs players to get some revenge...
Anonymous

Anonymous
Frankly I can't believe the Uniwar team let ONE complaining guy lead them to make all these changes. I discuss this game on a gaming forum (and play with those people) where we have dozens and dozens of people playing and we all thought the game was fun and balanced. We were glad to see the helicopter go from +2 to +1 repair and slightly less powerful, but when you release so many changes at once you alienate your player base as they have to relearn the intricacies of the game.

Rather annoying. Another example of the forum effect ... the most vocal complainers are who the devs listen to, not the large fanbase that actually gives them money to make their game successful.
Anonymous

Anonymous
yeah, i'm sure you thought it was fun and balanced rolling over khraleans and titans on most maps.

the devs wouldn't have made the changes unless they too came to the conclusion that there was an inequality to the races. i don't think it was one guy complaining.

there's nothing to relearn. the game is still the same. sounds like you're just mad now that you actually have to put some thought into how you use your marauders and helis instead of mauling your opponents without any consequence.
mrbobinnit

mrbobinnit

I enjoy the game enormously but do feel there are distinct balancing issues between the three races. I appreciate the consistent efforts to update and balance the sides to an equitable level by the dev team. Nerfing the engineer and helicopters is a much-welcomed move but I think there is much more fine-tuning to get us to closer to the holy grail of a state where every race has an even chance on every map.

It's easily my favourite app on the iphone and I'm surprised there's not more out there in a similar vein. I grew up on hexagon-based wargames such as OGRE and GEV (Steve Jackson Games) and have been having great fun with Uniwar. It's nice to have such an involved dev team who are so responsive to their community.
Anonymous

Anonymous
Frankly I can't believe the Uniwar team let ONE complaining guy lead them to make all these changes. I discuss this game on a gaming forum (and play with those people) where we have dozens and dozens of people playing and we all thought the game was fun and balanced. We were glad to see the helicopter go from +2 to +1 repair and slightly less powerful, but when you release so many changes at once you alienate your player base as they have to relearn the intricacies of the game.

Rather annoying. Another example of the forum effect ... the most vocal complainers are who the devs listen to, not the large fanbase that actually gives them money to make their game successfu

1) The heli nerf has been discussed on the forums.

2) Your complaint about the devs listening only to "the most vocal players" make no sense. Who should they listen to, to players who never said anything about the game?
Hachiman

Hachiman

Anonymous wrote: Frankly I can't believe the Uniwar team let ONE complaining guy lead them to make all these changes. I discuss this game on a gaming forum (and play with those people) where we have dozens and dozens of people playing and we all thought the game was fun and balanced. We were glad to see the helicopter go from +2 to +1 repair and slightly less powerful, but when you release so many changes at once you alienate your player base as they have to relearn the intricacies of the game.

Rather annoying. Another example of the forum effect ... the most vocal complainers are who the devs listen to, not the large fanbase that actually gives them money to make their game successful.

Which gaming forum? There was lots of discussion about it here, and the majority by far agreed that Saps were OP.

The game was clearly not perfectly balanced, as a majority of players, and especially top players were playing Saps (and winning disproportionately). The changes may not be perfect but they are good. Continually evolving balance is even better. It stops the game getting stale, and makes it continually approach perfect balance.
Forum Index » General Discussion