[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Make Your Own Maps - How To Tutorial
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
khabarakh

[Avatar]
khabarakh

What is the policy for reviewing the maps to potentially be used within the game? Also, will there be some sort of testing mechanism?

Thanks.
[Avatar]
Mew2468

[Avatar]
Mew2468

khabarakh wrote: What is the policy for reviewing the maps to potentially be used within the game? Also, will there be some sort of testing mechanism?

Thanks.

I'd also like to know - I've already emailed one map in.

My Custom Uniwar Maps
[Avatar]
kralux

[Avatar]
kralux

The idea is that we will include all these new maps in the game as UNRATED first.
Given time and lots of feedback from players, the maps can then be refined and finally be included for RATED games as well.

How does that sound? Any better ideas?
[Avatar]
khabarakh

[Avatar]
khabarakh

kralux wrote: The idea is that we will include all these new maps in the game as UNRATED first.
Given time and lots of feedback from players, the maps can then be refined and finally be included for RATED games as well.

How does that sound? Any better ideas?

That sounds good. It's one thing to make a map, but another to play it so I like the idea of more hands on experience. How would you get the feedback? It seems as though not many players are making it to the forums. Could there be some sort of voting mechanism at the end of the game? i.e., rate this map from 1-5 stars? Or, something similar? But then again, I don't know how you would get feedback/input to make the maps better.

I enjoy making maps -- its just hard to figure out what people like or what they are looking for.
dingo

dingo

Is there a way to currently test these maps with the game? I'd love to be able to create some custom maps for my officemate and myself to test against each other or bots while we have downtime at work.

I assume this is a "no," but it would be very very interesting to actually be able to test them on an iphone (assuming the map is uploaded to both phones)
Anonymous

Anonymous
I'm afraid this is a dumb question, but what is the purpose of entity: mapcontrol? I understand the others but have no idea what that one does. Any help would be appreciated
[Avatar]
Star Driven

[Avatar]
Star Driven

sorry about being anon, that was me

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Avatar]
Mew2468

[Avatar]
Mew2468

Anonymous wrote: I'm afraid this is a dumb question, but what is the purpose of entity: mapcontrol? I understand the others but have no idea what that one does. Any help would be appreciated

I believe its to set the different aspects of the map (money/base, how the game is won, etc).
[Avatar]
mager567

[Avatar]
mager567

installer refuses to run for me. it just opens command prompt and sits there. does this work with vista?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 05, 2009 14:27

if you want to register a complaint, click here
brainiac

brainiac

is there any way to delete tiles besides the undo button?

also, i've tried hitting export image of map but the picture shows up all black.
Mr Blonde NL

Mr Blonde NL

Hi all,

just got Uniwar today. First impression is great. I love turnbased games eversince Laser Squad and Battle Isle on the Amiga.

Anyways, I've signed in for the free trial of xpress suite twice now but haven't gotten any response. Any idea how long this usually takes (been a week now). I'd love to create some maps for this game.

[Avatar]
kralux

[Avatar]
kralux

Mr Blonde, it should only take a day or two, no more.
In the future the sign up will be automatic...
[Avatar]
gunther84

[Avatar]
gunther84

...ALL YOUR BASES ARE BELONG TO US....
celadonz

celadonz

So, is the javaground site ever going to be back up? I can't connect to it from home, work, or my phone. I've tried every few days for a couple of weeks now. Any word?
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Dead...

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
Forum Index » General Discussion