[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Selecting a player in war reports is broken
Forum Index » Bug Reports
ahbritto

ahbritto

Selecting a player is war reports is unreliable.

At the very least, it seems to be broken when in a non-team game. Probably it is related to some players having 2 lines as normal and 3 lines as out Surrendered or Removed.
GameShaman

GameShaman

How exactly is it broken? I have never had any issues with it... Usually when reporting bugs you want to provied enough detail for someone else to be able to reproduce it.
[Yahoo!] [ICQ]
Anonymous

Anonymous
In particular, sometimes selecting has no effect. Other times, the wrong player is selected.

This feature is so obviously broken, a little experimentation or examination of the code should reveal the problem.

Anonymous

Anonymous
I'm logged in, yet my reply was shown as anonymous.
Anonymous

Anonymous
i haven't had this problem. maybe your touchscreen is broken.
rolando

rolando

ahbritto, could you tell us what device you are using?
ahbritto

ahbritto

The problem happens in the game: FULLPLANE40451

Confirmed on:
iPod touch 1G w/ iPhoneOS 3.0
iPod touch 2G w/ iPhoneOS 3.1.1
iPhone 3GS w/ iPhoneOS 3.1.1

In particular, the first removed player can not be directly selected. Selecting the next player, selects the removed player. Selecting the next player, selects the previous player. Selecting the last player, selects no one.

The problem occurs in both portrait and landscape modes.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 14, 2009 17:03

colin

colin

i've been having this problem for a while as well. first on my original iPhone, lately on my 3GS.

sometimes touching one player selects another (player listed below (sometimes above) the touched one). in these cases there's usually one player who simply can't be selected.

one example is in a current game "No quitters pls" in which selecting players worked fine until the green player became defeated. After that points, touching yellow selected white, touching white selected orange, touching orange had no effect. Players up to, and including, the defeated green player can be selected normally. Yellow simply can't be selected.

in the several times I've seen this bug, the first few players listings were not affected.
Forum Index » Bug Reports