[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
General Khralean Tips (Submit Your Own!)
Forum Index » Khraleans
[Avatar]
Mew2468

[Avatar]
Mew2468

Post your own tips and I'll add them to this post.

[Editing in this forum is totally screwed up when you have a lot of text...]

General

• None at the moment......

Countering Sapiens

IzzyNobre wrote: One killer strategy I've been using a lot lately is "2 Swarmers backed up by an Infector" team. Swarmers are dirt cheap and you can pump those out early in the game, and you can get a "free hit" by attacking first since the Swarmers have ranged attack. The enemy will attack you back on the next turn, and his unit will be hit back again.

On the following turn, simply repair the Swarmers. At that point you will establish the lead in that particular combat and 9 times out of 10, the enemy retreats once he realizes that from that point on, he'll be hitting you and being hit back, but you'll be healing back 2 points every turn anyway. It's a great way to deal with those pesky Marauders and Helicopters, I find.

In fact, the ranged attack makes Swarmers pretty damned effective against Helicopters. You just need to time your attacks right, so you can have an Infector out to back them up.

Countering Other Khraleans

Star Driven wrote: Since, no matter the map, the game is destined to be a Swarmer-off, I try to use my swarmers as smart as possible. First off, I only attack if I can kill whatever unit it is that i am hitting, to make sure it can't retreat and come back to bite me in the butt. Second, if my opponent hits a Swarmer of mine and does NOT kill it, i retreat it and let it heal until it can come to fight another day. Also, if I ever see a Wyrm, i make sure to stay out of its range, and if the opposing player leaves a hole, target it and take it out. You will most likely lose a Swarmer or two in the process, but 250 or 500 credits lost is a much better deal than the 550 your opponent spent. Also, if your enemy makes a Pinzer, i will always make a single Garuda, since they can deal damage faster than your Swarmers and the pinzer only has 1 air attack power. You will most likely lose your garuda to swarmers, but once again its worth it. 350 rather than 450.

Countering Titans

The Reaver wrote: To deal with Titans, you have to keep their strengths and weaknesses in mind. You as the Khralean player have to take advantage of them in their three weakest spots.

• Their mobility
• Their unit costs
• Their repair rate

Mobility

There isn't actually much that you can do to take advantage of this except for getting to key areas in the early game before the Titans can. Offensively, the most you might be able to do is use your Underling's great speed to grab that base before your enemy tries to use his Mecha to do the same. However, do keep in mind that the Underling's Bury ability is fantastic for scouting. Simply plant one in an area in which your opponent will not go (for example, in a swamp) and watch what he builds. Maybe send a second one in to attack threatening Walkers if those seem like they're going to be problematic.

Defensively, however, is where this advantage stands out. One of the best setups against Titans is a Pinzer up front to soak up the heavy damage, a Wyrm in the back to provide firepower on those annoying Eclipses, a Swarmer or two flanking your Pinzer to take care of infantry, and an Infector to help your Pinzer tank even better, along with. This way, you can have everything covered. If one of your units gets weak, you should be fast enough to send it back to the Infector to heal up.

The most deadly weapon in the Titan arsenal is the Eclipse. The only unit that is not susceptible to an Eclipse attack is the Pinzer. Everything else has some sort of weakness to the Eclipse. Swamers are shot down to 2 or 3 when an Eclipse attacks, and the Garuda doesn't fare much better. Therefore, make absolutely sure that you stay out of Eclipse range when your opponent spawns one (your buried Underling(s) should inform you of this) and let your Pinzer handle things.

Unit Costs

This one isn't too hard to take advantage of. Just focus on attacking the most expensive stuff before it gets too threatening. They most likely won't be able to get their damaged units up to full strength quickly enough.

Repair Rate

The Titan repairing is rather horrible. The only unit that has a +2 repair is the Speeder, and that unit is rarely used. Also, the Assimilator only provides a x2 repair rate, which translates into +2 for most other Titan units. If your opponent builds one, target and kill it with a Swarmer. You most likely won't be able to one-shot it, and you probably will be taken down in the process, but think about it. You're sending in a 250-credit unit to kill a 200-credit unit that helps keep the rest of their units alive. They are going to have to waste at least two of their attacks to kill the Swarmer, which allows you to either heal up your units or gain momentum and kill off their more expensive units. If they killed it using an Eclipse, that's even better. Their Eclipse is now down to 8, and you can easily take it down with a Wyrm and another Swarmer, eliminating the biggest threat to your army quickly and efficiently and giving yourself more tempo to work with in the process.

This message was edited 10 times. Last update was at Sep 14, 2009 18:05

My Custom Uniwar Maps
[Avatar]
IzzyNobre

[Avatar]
IzzyNobre

One killer strategy I've been using a lot lately is "2 Swarmers backed up by an Infector" team. Swarmers are dirt cheap and you can pump those out early in the game, and you can get a "free hit" by attacking first since the Swarmers have ranged attack. The enemy will attack you back on the next turn, and his unit will be hit back again.

On the following turn, simply repair the Swarmers. At that point you will establish the lead in that particular combat and 9 times out of 10, the enemy retreats once he realizes that from that point on, he'll be hitting you and being hit back, but you'll be healing back 2 points every turn anyway. It's a great way to deal with those pesky Marauders and Helicopters, I find.

In fact, the ranged attack makes Swarmers pretty damned effective against Helicopters. You just need to time your attacks right, so you can have an Infector out to back them up.

Edit: of course, this strategy is null and void against ground heavy units such as the Plasma Tank, Pinzer, Eclipse, etc. They take pretty much no damage from such an assault and, in the case of the Eclipse, will actually fire back.

But Helicopters, Marauders, Speeders, Wyrms, pretty much everything else will feel the sting

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 27, 2010 23:26

[Avatar]
Mew2468

[Avatar]
Mew2468

IzzyNobre wrote: One killer strategy I've been using a lot lately is "2 Swarmers backed up by an Infector" team. Swarmers are dirt cheap and you can pump those out early in the game, and you can get a "free hit" by attacking first since the Swarmers have ranged attack. The enemy will attack you back on the next turn, and his unit will be hit back again.

Nice tip! Added it to the first post.

My Custom Uniwar Maps
Anonymous

Anonymous
on smaller maps, like green valley, i wouldn't even bother with the infector. i'd just buy another swarmer and pull your weak ones back. keep doing that every round and you will literally "swarm" your opponent's helis with swarmers. comine them with a couple underlings to ward off any marines.
[Avatar]
Star Driven

[Avatar]
Star Driven

Countering Other Khraleans:

Since, no matter the map, the game is destined to be a Swarmer-off, I try to use my swarmers as smart as possible. First off, I only attack if I can kill whatever unit it is that i am hitting, to make sure it can't retreat and come back to bite me in the butt. Second, if my opponent hits a Swarmer of mine and does NOT kill it, i retreat it and let it heal until it can come to fight another day. Also, if I ever see a Wyrm, i make sure to stay out of its range, and if the opposing player leaves a hole, target it and take it out. You will most likely lose a Swarmer or two in the process, but 250 or 500 credits lost is a much better deal than the 550 your opponent spent. Also, if your enemy makes a Pinzer, i will always make a single Garuda, since they can deal damage faster than your Swarmers and the pinzer only has 1 air attack power. You will most likely lose your garuda to swarmers, but once again its worth it. 350 rather than 450.

-= The UniWar Team =-
The Reaver

The Reaver

Countering Titans:

To deal with Titans, you have to keep their strengths and weaknesses in mind. You as the Khralean player have to take advantage of them in their three weakest spots.

• [*]Their mobility
    [*]Their unit costs
    [*]Their repair rate

• Mobility

There isn't actually much that you can do to take advantage of this except for getting to key areas in the early game before the Titans can. Offensively, the most you might be able to do is use your Underling's great speed to grab that base before your enemy tries to use his Mecha to do the same. However, do keep in mind that the Underling's Bury ability is fantastic for scouting. Simply plant one in an area in which your opponent will not go (for example, in a swamp) and watch what he builds. Maybe send a second one in to attack threatening Walkers if those seem like they're going to be problematic.

Defensively, however, is where this advantage stands out. One of the best setups against Titans is a Pinzer up front to soak up the heavy damage, a Wyrm in the back to provide firepower on those annoying Eclipses, a Swarmer or two flanking your Pinzer to take care of infantry, and an Infector to help your Pinzer tank even better, along with. This way, you can have everything covered. If one of your units gets weak, you should be fast enough to send it back to the Infector to heal up.

The most deadly weapon in the Titan arsenal is the Eclipse. The only unit that is not susceptible to an Eclipse attack is the Pinzer. Everything else has some sort of weakness to the Eclipse. Swamers are shot down to 2 or 3 when an Eclipse attacks, and the Garuda doesn't fare much better. Therefore, make absolutely sure that you stay out of Eclipse range when your opponent spawns one (your buried Underling(s) should inform you of this) and let your Pinzer handle things.

Unit Costs

This one isn't too hard to take advantage of. Just focus on attacking the most expensive stuff before it gets too threatening. They most likely won't be able to get their damaged units up to full strength quickly enough.

Repair Rate

The Titan repairing is rather horrible. The only unit that has a +2 repair is the Speeder, and that unit is rarely used. Also, the Assimilator only provides a x2 repair rate, which translates into +2 for most other Titan units. If your opponent builds one, target and kill it with a Swarmer. You most likely won't be able to one-shot it, and you probably will
    The Reaver

The Reaver

be taken down in the process, but think about it. You're sending in a 250-credit unit to kill a 200-credit unit that helps keep the rest of their units alive. They are going to have to waste at least two of their attacks to kill the Swarmer, which allows you to either heal up your units or gain momentum and kill off their more expensive units. If they killed it using an Eclipse, that's even better. Their Eclipse is now down to 8, and you can easily take it down with a Wyrm and another Swarmer, eliminating the biggest threat to your army quickly and efficiently and giving yourself more tempo to work with in the process.
    didude

didude

I don't know what the Reaver is talking about but speeders are used OFTEN.
    bobberson987

bobberson987

My favorite strategy is to pump out at least five swarmers and a couple of base-takers (yes, this is what i call them) in the beginning of the game, three for offense, and two to protect various capture squads. swarmers are great for attacking due to their range and flying ability. (Not good at close range so watch out for those land based guys.)
    anyways, swarmers can be deadly in numbers.

from, some guy who's advice is probably noob-ish

brainiac

brainiac

vs. sapiens:
    -swarmers do are very ineffective against helicopters now. it takes 6 swarmers to take down a single helicopter. thats 1500 credits to kill 500 credits.
    -keep garudas and swarmers away from marines in mountains and forests.

general tips:
    pinzers backed by an infector are deadly against sapiens and titans. just sit there and repair and see how long it takes them to kill one.
    [Avatar]
    charnal

[Avatar]
    charnal

Here is an underling method of taking an isolated base:

Gather up at least five healthy buried underlings around a base behind enemy lines that has no troops on it or near it. Place them around it and when they are in position, resurface only one. The enemy will see the threat and get out a soldier (most likely a cheap unit) to defend against it. He WILL be able to detect the buried underlings around him, so he will probably undo and get out a heavy unit (sometimes they won't see the little number, bonus points). Resurface all your other underlings and attack the unit on the base, maximizing the flank bonus as much as possible. Then, using the underling you resurfaced to scare the enemy, capture the base. Then resurface all the other underlings that weren't used to put a ring around the capturing one to protect it from whatever.

This also does the enemy slight psychological damage as one of his bases behind the front lines is being taken. He will have to spend credits recapturing the base, drawing him away from the front line.

If they put out a plasma tank or something, you need all your underlings to take it down. Also, if they get out a flying unit, you cannot proceed with the plan. However, you still forced him to spend money getting out that flying unit, which is good for you. Simply bury your underling and move the rest to another base. Ultimately, this is not necessarily a plan to capture bases, although it is a bonus if you do. You want your enemy to spend credits defending from phantoms. Spread your underlings out and attack several bases at once, forcing him to strain himself.

In some cases, when he doesn't have enough to defend ALL the bases, he will completely abandon the front lines to recapture his bases, giving you a huge bonus and tilting the tide.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jun 04, 2010 20:06

The most dangerous enemy is the one nobody fears
    [Avatar]
    Martyr

[Avatar]
    Martyr

A top tip i feel gives you a uper hand no matter what.

A swarm of underlings underground followed by a good 5-6 garuda's. It's what i do all the time, always seems to make a good dent in the opposition no matter what the race, then from there, depending on the map Kick some ass..

Well that's my version of and ass whooping

Live Life To The Limit|Live Life To The Edge
    [Email]
    MasonC

MasonC

This is how I deal with sapiens on dead monk (maybe not the best way but are well) is to make a underling early bury it and put it in the small patch of forest close to the center to hit any early marine that tries to pars or move it next to there base to hit them there and when doing this. buy swarmer's and garudas the swarmer are for hitting marines and weakening the helicopters slightly then hit the helis after they have been weakened by the swarmer's with garudas. Get a infecter when there is a good wall to stop it being attacked use it for healing changing marines and infecting and then send more units in to the battle and see how you go.
    keymaster2

keymaster2

for against sapiens use salamders.when the enemy creates lots of marines and marauders they constantly need to be healed
    Forum Index » Khraleans