[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Lord of the Rings: Middle Earth [8 player]
Forum Index » User Generated Maps
[Avatar]
khabarakh

[Avatar]
khabarakh

I think it would be cool to have some more maps that are not as symmetrical as most of the ones today. The more players on a map, the more flexible you can get, I think. Maps like these can be played in so many different ways that it is tough for a team to develop a single strategy. I think it adds more depth to the game.

Here I made one Middleearth influenced map with harbors and one without. I tend to like games without ships, but I know there are people who do like them so I did both.

This is a first draft -- it will probably make sense to move things around. I like these maps because there are all different types of strategies that can come in to play.

Any feedback (good and bad) is much appreciated.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 02, 2009 12:48

didude

didude

Too large and it looks like the Tits will likely win. Try compressing the map a little.
[Avatar]
khabarakh

[Avatar]
khabarakh

Just curious... why do you think the Titans would win?
[Avatar]
Super Jew!

[Avatar]
Super Jew!

Because the Titans are awesome!
[Avatar]
charnal

[Avatar]
charnal

I really like this map. I'm eying the desert lands in the bottom right. Any race could create a very strong, reinforced choke point in that opening, and could build up and send out large raids and still be safe. Also, I like the idea of having maps that aren't symmetrical. Personally, I would like to see a map where there is one large player and three or so smaller players on one team working against him. Or perhaps (assuming my "transport ships" idea goes through) have one player on a small island with large income (Like 100 credits/base and he has 10 or so) and lots of naval bases. The other guy would have a very large island with 20 bases scattered everywhere. But the bigger guy would only have one naval base, straining his naval strength.

The smaller player would not have as much income, but would still have an advantage. Of course, this could result in a standoff of navy and ground artillery or something.

The most dangerous enemy is the one nobody fears
[Avatar]
chum

[Avatar]
chum

I like the top one better.

Not sure about balance -- I can see the others' points, I'm just not sure that it's as uneven as all that.

As far as Titans ruling, I used to think that when I first started, but have since learned that they have some pretty severe weaknesses, too. I'd probably play this map as Sapiens until I got the hang of it's various facets.

I, too, enjoy the concept of uneven maps, although they're harder to play-balance.

Where is the map editor available?!

Surrender now, and I will allow your women and children to live!
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

Titans would certainly be right at home setting up fort in Mordor there.
Easy to imagine Garuda flying out of the Grey Mtns in the north as well...
davidparks21

davidparks21

Agreed that the map looks fascinating.

Also agreed that it's very difficult to asses the balance.

It seems to me that maps that are accepted should first be made available in unrated games, then only after sufficient games have been played on the map, some statistics could be reviewed and adjustments made to ensure balance.
[Avatar]
rwieczor84

[Avatar]
rwieczor84

just for fun it would be great map
Forum Index » User Generated Maps