[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
v1.0.5 iPhone
Forum Index » What's New in the Latest Updates
[Avatar]
aLoN

[Avatar]
aLoN

awesome ! can't wati for it.
Anonymous

Anonymous
i've seen some apps gets updated twice in the past 3 weeks and uniwar still hasn't been updated once. so sad. apple can suck it.
FastLaneJB

FastLaneJB

It's out at last! That took about a month

Just loaded it up and it's asked about push notifications so that's great but looking in the notifications area on the phone it seems you only push out badge icons. I'd personally like a Uniwar sound to be played else without looking at the phone I won't know it's my turn (Unless I leave e-mails on but I'd have liked to disable that).

Also maybe even the option to have a message as well if people want it. Yes if you play loads of games it might get annoying but would be no different to the huge amounts of e-mails you can get and even if you don't build the option to disable it in Uniwar, Apple have already given you the option to disable any push notifications you want in their Settings application.

Not checked out the other changes but keep up the good work. It's a great game.

But hey just a suggestion for 1.06. If you submit it in the next few days we might get it before xmas....

EDIT: The game filter looks to be excellent and looks like it'll make finding a game you want to play much easier.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 24, 2009 11:24

[Avatar]
khabarakh

[Avatar]
khabarakh

Loving the new update guys! Great work.

Question on push notifications: Will they still work if email notifications are turned off? Since push notifications are not configurable within the app, does that mean we just configure it within the Notifications section within Settings?

Also, do the push notifications include invited games and/or anything else (won games, lost games)? Or, is it just for when it is your turn in a game that is in progress?

Thanks!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 24, 2009 11:44

FastLaneJB

FastLaneJB

Not sure push notifications are working right. I've only got 2 games setup and both are waiting for people to join or pick a race yet I get a 1 badge on my Uniwar. I load the game, see it's not my turn and the badge vanishes... only to reappear about 1 - 2 minutes later again.

Surely I'd expect it only to come up with a badge icon if it's my turn or a game is full and I need to start it.

I'm not sure why I'm getting a 1 constantly but I think it's bugged on their server end as it's the ones pushing the badges out. At least they can probably fix it without having to wait a month for Apple to update the app.
[Avatar]
khabarakh

[Avatar]
khabarakh

FastLaneJB wrote: Not sure push notifications are working right. I've only got 2 games setup and both are waiting for people to join or pick a race yet I get a 1 badge on my Uniwar. I load the game, see it's not my turn and the badge vanishes... only to reappear about 1 - 2 minutes later again.

Surely I'd expect it only to come up with a badge icon if it's my turn or a game is full and I need to start it.

I'm not sure why I'm getting a 1 constantly but I think it's bugged on their server end as it's the ones pushing the badges out. At least they can probably fix it without having to wait a month for Apple to update the app.

That is strange... I do not have that issue. From what I have seen, it appears the badge represents current turns and not games that need to be started.
Anonymous

Anonymous
Well my badge is permantly on 1 and I have no games which need me to make a turn or that need starting...
FastLaneJB

FastLaneJB

Opps that post was me.

OK I tried deleting my games as they hadn't started so now I've got no games at all. Badge is blank when I quit Uniwar but a minute later it's a 1 again

Maybe I'll try and delete the game and reinstall.
[Avatar]
khabarakh

[Avatar]
khabarakh

Maybe I'll try and delete the game and reinstall.

I was just going to recommend this.
Anonymous

Anonymous
is it just me or does the sorting filter for 2p->8p or 8p->2p not work?

i would have prefered a filter that lets me hide all games with 3m or 1h turns and more than 2 players (1 vs 1).
Anonymous

Anonymous
OK so I reinstalled the game and a fresh game before I've even logged in to the online service has a 1 badge icon so clearly it's bugged.

I logged in and played a quick game against a bot and now that game has finished it appears the 1 has vanished for good so I guess it only starts working right once you've played a game online. So all the poor sods who don't play this game online I guess are going to get stuck with a 1 badge on their UniWar.
Anonymous

Anonymous
I have to agree that push is horribly disappointing. No sound, no message? Push is supposed to notify you. You shouldn't have to check your iPhone to see if the badge has changed, this is really a step backwards from emails. At least with emails the iPhone makes a sound and vibrates when one arrives.

At this point I can't turn off the emails, which is what push should have allowed.

[Avatar]
khabarakh

[Avatar]
khabarakh

Anonymous wrote: I have to agree that push is horribly disappointing. No sound, no message? Push is supposed to notify you. You shouldn't have to check your iPhone to see if the badge has changed, this is really a step backwards from emails. At least with emails the iPhone makes a sound and vibrates when one arrives.

At this point I can't turn off the emails, which is what push should have allowed.

Why can't you turn off email? There is a setting within the app. Or, does it not work?

I agree it would be good to have sound and notifications. I wonder why that was omitted.

You could always have the push set up and have your text message email address as your email address. That would give you push notification with sound and notification. Or, using an email would give you push notification with sound and no notification. Those aren't ideal solutions since you would have to clear out the email/text messages, but it would work. Hopefully they'll implement sound and notifications.
glackattack

glackattack

I appreciate the new push notification. However, can someone explain precisely how the changes to the random factor work. Right after loading the update, I took a turn in a saps v. bugs game. My 10 helo attacked a 5 garuda. The result: -4 garuda, -3 helo. Anyone who's played this game a lot would know that in the "old" system that would never happen. I'm not a crybaby--I just want some insight on how the random factor plays so I can plan accordingly. For instance, on an attack will the same random factor be applied to both units? Or do they both get a different random factor? Ironically, this change actually increases the randomness of the game in some ways. If you value predictability, the result is to make low-value units more valuable, according to the law of large numbers. Any insight appreciated.

glackattack

glackattack

Also I am fine with the iPhone not making noises when it is my turn in UniWar. I have a job.
Forum Index » What's New in the Latest Updates