[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
UniWar 2 Suggestions
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Pie2.1

Pie2.1

h

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 11, 2010 18:48

[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

You sir, are going to get flamed... Do you even read other people's posts?

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
thethanx

thethanx

I should say, I agree with Nicko; reading other posts before posting is probably a good idea

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 10, 2010 21:53

Sphink

Sphink

First of all no new race- This would require ALOT of balancing and R&D time. The original races are for the most part balanced and adding a new race would almost create a new game.

No differant kinds of bases- this includes bases that build certian units, turrets, or anything like that. This is uniwar not advanced wars. If I wanna play a game similar to advanced wars guess what? I'm going to go play advanced wars (which I have never played)

one/two new unit(s)- one unit per race would require alot of balancing, two would be nice but would change the effectiveness of the units that are already in the game? (that's a guess)

map editor- this is a tricky subject. I would suggest that user created maps could only be played in an unrated game, and have a specific page for user created maps (like rated/unrated, team/no team, user created) but there would be a large amount of user created maps that no one wants to join.

Bigger maps and reduced/terrain variable vision- if the sight radius of every unit is decreased (perhaps not the infantry units) it will be much more important to "scout" your opponet to see what he is doing/building. In most strategy games a key aspect is recon. If you don't know what your opponet is doing it is much harder prepare/defend/attack ect... Andwith the current vision range and small maps it is quite easy to see what your opponet is doing. Therefore bigger maps would go hand-in-hand with reduced vision making the recon aspect that much more important. Vision variable terrain is also important because ground units cannot see what is beyond a mountain or past the outline of a wooded area. Aerial units should be affected too but not to such a high degree. Perhaps -1 sight past mountains/trees.

Online user interface- This is a big gripe for me. I would like to see a complete overhaul of the user interface because it does not involve any balancing issues. Perhaps this could be put on the back burner and saved for an update. But I am currently unhappy with the user interface (maybe I'll gather my ideas and post them in a seperate post)

all suggestions should be kept simple and I beleive should be improvements to the current game. Not compleatly new ideas.

Also one last thing. How about a section on the website where the developers will update us and keep us informed about what work is currently being done and what ideas you are thinking about. It only takes a few minutes to write what kinds of developments you are working on.

Good luck, Have fun!

My biased opinions are open-minded.
-Sphink
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

Pie2.1 wrote:

Ameoba: Moderate Ground Heavy unit that does best against Aquatic units (price 500?)

Well these are all the ideas I have right now I hope they can be of some help to the Uniwar team
really...an ameoba...
I know you only tried to help help but...

Sorry if i offended you
Pie2.1

Pie2.1

well idk, i was just dishing some ideas out, not saying make it like this NOW! If they are only adding 1 -2 units per a race and keeping the same 3 races, I just dont see the point in making another uniwar then. Im not saying "BE ADVANCED WARS" (personally I hate advanced wars) but i just dont see why uniwar would make a sequal game if they are only adding 1 (very unlikely 2) units and keeping the 3 races. If they made another race then they can truely make another UW, I know it would take alot of rebalancing, but it would be worth it!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 11, 2010 13:45

[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Just look at Starcraft;

Did they add a new race? Nope.
Did they change their economy system? Nope.
Did they add any new type of buildings (research/barrack in that matter)? Nope.
Did they add units? Sure, they even took some out, but look at how long the game took to show it's ass.
Did they took all-made ideas from random users? Thank god they didn't.

Do we need a whole new Uniwar? Only a fool would want that.

Although it is appreciated that you want to help, do you realize that if you give all-made ideas and then affirming you are not forcing them to do it is pretty useless? So stop trying to make them have a new race, that would ruin everything. We don't want a "whole new game" neither do we want "just a small update", that's the hard thing for a developer to do, find the middle between too much and not enough new content.

Oh, and sorry if I was harsh, I needed to take that out.

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
Pie2.1

Pie2.1

Well I would be a little dissapointed with a moderate update, but I guess its not worth the effort now is it?
thethanx

thethanx

Pie2.1 wrote: If they are only adding 1 -2 units per a race and keeping the same 3 races, I just dont see the point in making another uniwar then... but i just dont see why uniwar would make a sequal game if they are only adding 1 (very unlikely 2) units and keeping the 3 races. If they made another race then they can truely make another UW, I know it would take alot of rebalancing, but it would be worth it!

I disagree that "just adding" 1 or 2 units a race makes a new game pointless- Two new units a race, along with maybe a few UI improvements and maybe more GAMEPLAY options (such as the ability to untie income from bases, or options like "toxic bases") would DRASTICALLY change strategy and gameplay, thus making a wonderful SEQUEL instead of an entirely new game. I would hope that Uniwar 2 looks to expand upon what already makes uniwar great- not totally revamp something that already has a lot going for it.

I for one would be extremely satisfied if Uniwar two had all of units of Uniwar 1, with "only" one or two additions per race, especially if we see lots of other, far more interesting gameplay elements added and tweaked to make allow for more custimization of our experience.

Also how do you add a fourth race to the existing rock/paper/scissor formula? I mean what exactly would their healer do?
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

Nice edit pie
:1

Sorry if i offended you
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

That was pretty lame to edit like that... If you gave ideas and some others didn't agree doesn't mean you should erase it... Oh well it's your post anyways.

Wandering...
Pie2.1

Pie2.1

Well the thing Is, is that I think the Uniwar team should just ditch the rock, paper, sissors idea. And yea I probably shouldnt have removed post.... I mean with rock, paper, sissors, its just that one race has a unit advantage over another(EX: Titans overpower Sapiens with Walkers and Plasma tanks while Khrealans can get Underlings to sneak and destroy just about any Titan unit with ease. I just think they should just make 4 balanced races (sorta like SC2 or WC3). Im not saying "BE LIKE THIS GAME" im just saying that having another race would greatly increase strategy needed and make the game more intense/fun.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

I didn't know Starcraft 2 had 4 races, could you tell me who they are?

And btw, one race doesn't simply "overpower" another just because it has some advantages, why do you think there are support units? To balance things out and to add some new strategy.
You already used a support unit, right?

Wandering...
thethanx

thethanx

It's also simply a mistake to say that the rock/paper/scissor formula works that way EVERY time. If you want proof of this lets play "the Bog" I'll be khrals, and you can be titans... You'll see that titans dont trump just because of a race advantage...

Starvation with saps vs khrals is another example of a map that saps have advantage over khrals. What makes the Uniwar races so balanced as they are is that even WITH a rock/paper/scissor formula it doesn't promise any one race victory over the other, it just gives them the slight advantage of converting enemy units and a special ability.
thethanx

thethanx

Pie2.1 wrote: I mean with rock, paper, sissors, its just that one race has a unit advantage over another(EX: Titans overpower Sapiens with Walkers and Plasma tanks while Khrealans can get Underlings to sneak and destroy just about any Titan unit with ease. .

sorry for the double post, but when i reread it i realized this proves my point? Saps technically have the advantage over Titans, and Titans over khrals...
plus your example is very situational no? plasma tanks backed by walkers is indeed powerful, but you need to be able to save the resources to actually build that up... and if the Sap player get's his own battery backed by tanks first (2 tanks and a battery costs 1350 two plasmas and a walker 1750) the battery and tanks can shred through plasmas like butter. Especially if the sap player can get an engineer in there...

BTW: Pie, I know I've played games with you before, and you're a good player, I'm not trying to flame you or make you feel bad. I hope this sort of thing won't prevent you from playing games with any of us or even posting in the future...

Forum Index » New Feature Request