[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Separate income from # of bases held
Forum Index » New Feature Request
TrollTwo

TrollTwo

A suggestion, probably for Uniwar 2:

Right now if you capture a base you're going to win the game, because you're also going to have increased income to spam more units. I don't think I've ever seen anyone come from behind after losing a base or two, it's just a matter of dragging it out until total defeat. And this is in four months of playing hundreds and hundreds of 2 player games. If you want Uniwar 2 to be better, then make it so you can be down a base but still come from behind to win with good strategy. Maybe there should be neutral income-generating bases that need to be held as well?

Or, if you aren't going to add some sort of resources, then make it so bases require upkeep and you actually make LESS money for each base you hold. That way if you're down a base or two you'll have the edge to make better units to try to get it back, while the guy holding extra bases will be making less money to defend them with.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 06, 2009 18:05

Anonymous

Anonymous
I think the fact that you pretty much always lose if you lose a base in 2p is one way to tell the game is relatively balanced.

On the other hand it is a cool idea to have different types of objectives. Maybe bases that you have to hold for a certain number of rounds before they start producing credits?
Anonymous

Anonymous
It might mean the game is balanced, but it doesn't make it fun. I mean once you lose a base you might as well surrender there because the game is lost, unless they just have a tenuous hold on it.

I don't know if this is the best idea or not but there needs to be another layer of complexity added to this game. It shouldn't come down to just picking the right race and knowing the right opening move which is what it's like now.
glackattack

glackattack

I have won games after losing bases. It depends on the cred value of the bases. For instance, Laguna Niguel has low cred value per base. If sacrificing a base lets you kill a high value unit, it's worth it assuming you can re-take the base in a few turns. The low cred value maps are interesting for that reason.
[Avatar]
kralux

[Avatar]
kralux

Folks, this will definitely be in UniWar 2... and much more.
[Avatar]
Star Driven

[Avatar]
Star Driven

TrollTwo wrote:

Or, if you aren't going to add some sort of resources, then make it so bases require upkeep and you actually make LESS money for each base you hold.

If that were in effect, games would never really end. Just back and forth capturing of bases. I like it the way it is, you always need to keep in mind the state of your own bases, and protect them as well as attacking.

-= The UniWar Team =-
Forum Index » New Feature Request