[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
What to do vs Swarmer spam?
Forum Index » Sapiens
ADHDeveloper

ADHDeveloper

After this latest Khralean balancing I am finding that almost everyone is just spamming swarmers and building few other units (if any).

A sapien chopper costs same as 2 swarmers. 3 Swarmers can reduce its effectiveness to that of a housefly without taking any damage themselves.

Marines can be good vs swarmers IF there are forests or trees on the map.

Swarmer spammers can quickly overwhelm you and then basically park outside your base and kill your units before they become effective.

Anyone have any tips vs this? Or am I missing something and swarmer spam is not as bad as I think?
akumaextreme

akumaextreme

I'm trying to see if the Titan's Eclipse is any good against the Swarmer spam. Its the equivalent cost of 2 Swarmers, but it can deal serious damage to them and it have the same 2 hex attack range.
Hachiman

Hachiman

It depends a bit on the map. Mostly you just need to mix up Heli's and Marines (and engineers to heal your helis), and to kill the Swarmers rather than just hurt them so they recover.

Use the cheap Marines (preferably in the right terrain) to screen your expensive Heli's. Then use two Heli's to gang up and kill a swarmer each turn. The Heli's extra range and second move can help with both the gang up and the screening.

Eclipses (and Mecha on the right terrain) still kill them good!

In the right situation (ie there's a good screen of marines / heli's in front) batteries can work wonders too.
Anonymous

Anonymous
And that's not even mentioning Marauders, who cost the same, and eat Swarmers up.
Anonymous

Anonymous
i've beaten blue khraleans with red titans on montevideo, jungle, the bog, the great wall, and wild plains. eclipses are great against swarmers.
ADHDeveloper

ADHDeveloper

Notice the fact that this is the 'sapiens' forum. Not the titans forum?

Sapiens dont have eclipses.

Once again please hear what I have to say. A marauder may 'eat' the swarmer but not when the marauder is killed by 2-3 swarmers before it leaves the base it was spawned on.
Hachiman

Hachiman

ADHDeveloper wrote:
Once again please hear what I have to say. A marauder may 'eat' the swarmer but not when the marauder is killed by 2-3 swarmers before it leaves the base it was spawned on.

Marauders not only 'eat' Swarmers but cost the same and move more than twice as far. If you have 2-3 Swarmers camping the base your Marauders spawn on, you are simply being outplayed by your opponent.
ADHDeveloper

ADHDeveloper

I`ll gladly take you on..

Me as Khralean
You as Sapien

Perhaps you can show me the error of my ways

ADHDeveloper

ADHDeveloper

Hachiman, I've sent you an invite for a 1v1 on Chato Hill.

Its a good mix of mountain and forests and flatland.

I`d like to see how your sapien beats my Khralean so I can fight khraleans better.
Anonymous

Anonymous
You're on. Should be interesting. I havent played that map much, and I don't usually play Saps...
Hachiman

Hachiman

Not much blood has been spilled in our game yet, but I can see what you mean already.

The problem is not simply the Swarmer buff though - the recent triple nerf to Saps - Heli, Marauder and buffing the Swarmer weakened a lot of Saps anti air capacity. And the super heavy units that are resistant to it already do little against air...

I think maybe the Swarmer should have it's air attack (or ground heavy) slighly reduced to compensate. It is too good against too many units right now (though I don't think its unstoppable).

EDIT: You are right, I was wrong. It probably IS unstoppable now vs Saps. I didn't realise the difference the nerf to Marauders had made. Swarmers need to be toned down vs either air or ground heavy I think, else Saps now don't have a good counter.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 09, 2009 16:58

rolando

rolando

hey ADHDeveloper, invite me to a game and lets see if I have a chance
[Avatar]
aLoN

[Avatar]
aLoN

same here, invite me and i'll show you how easy it is to beat khrals on most maps.

swarmers are very weak when hited by ANY unit, 2 marines can kill a swarmer when in the mountains.

khrals are deff not the best race.
ADHDeveloper

ADHDeveloper

aLon, you are the #1 ranked player with points way beyond everyone else, so I can see you easily beating anyone and everyone.

Regardless, I`ll send you an invite because I`d sure love to learn from your tactics.

Anonymous

Anonymous
alon's not that great. he got to where he is by using multiple accounts, playing only maps where sapiens had an advantage before the heli/marauder/engineer nerf, and playing uneven maps before they were fixed. so pardon me if i don't put him on a pedestal like some sort of great warrior. he's better than the average player, nothing more, nothing less.
Forum Index » Sapiens