[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Etiquette Question: Starting Random Game
Forum Index » General Discussion
Is it lame to abandon a game immediately if you don't like it?
Yes, take your lumps and play the game 14% [ 1 ]
No, as long as you do it quickly 86% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 7
[Avatar]
darf nader

[Avatar]
darf nader

I often start random games because that seems to be the best way to get into a game with someone who is online and will do their turns quickly, but often I get set up with a matchup or situation that I simply don't find fun, or where I feel I am at a clear disadvantage. I then immediately surrender so I don't get dinged.

Vote on what you think of this
[Avatar]
Star Driven

[Avatar]
Star Driven

That is completely reasonable. There is no problem with surrendering a sure loss so you don't need to take the lump. Many people spam random games until they find one that gives them the clear advantage. I surrender all the time. Then again, I don't. I dont really care about my rating any more. If it's not Desolate, Laguana Niguel, or any Titans vs Titans (except Forest Walk) i will play it.

-= The UniWar Team =-
RickMGoldie

RickMGoldie

There seems to be a few players who have laid what I call trap game scenarios waiting for someone to try their luck or pick them up on a random game allocation.

The kind of thing I am talking about is closing off selected stations in multiplayer boards resulting in a clear advantage to the first move player (i.e. the originator), or favouring Titans with their transporting capability to reach the empty bases before the faster moving Khraleans or Sapiens having to negotiate the terrain.

These games tend to hang around on the available screen for quite a while as most of us can spot the bias, but it could put newer players off altogether.

The other mean trick is to set up 3min games then go offline. If anyone joins and the originator does not come back online until after the joinee is offline, then starts the game the opponent can be skipped then kicked off before he has a chance to play. I think short duration games should be wiped if the originator is offline for more than the turn duration before the game starts.
Forum Index » General Discussion