[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Beaches [2 Players]
Forum Index » User Generated Maps
[Avatar]
Star Driven

[Avatar]
Star Driven

Just to clarify, each player would start with the two back bases, and a unit at the green dot nearest a central base. The player on the bottom of the map would have the unit next to the left central base, and the player on the top would have the unit by the right central base. Any suggestions? :]

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Avatar]
khabarakh

[Avatar]
khabarakh

It looks cool! But, why have units outside of the bases to start? That is usually done if there are multiple moves on the first turn. For example, sometimes there is an advantage to grabbing a base; or sometimes there is an advantage to attack, move towards another base, or block someone else. I don't see any moves other than just grabbing the base you start next to. But, maybe that doesn't really matter. It can make it so you don't have as many credits to start with, etc. Some if it would depend on that.

yagi

yagi

I'd modifiy the start.

2-player version: Players start in the middle two bases, all others unclaimed, *if* there's a starting unit, the put it near the base where they *start*.

This brings out immensely interesting strategy about which way you go and which way your opponent goes at the start. Make it more interesting? Make the starting unit (or two?) the level 3 units: Swarmers for the khraleans (could fly over and attack the other guy's only base at the start), double-move Marauders for the Saps (serious recon) and speeders for the Titans. Again, only one or two, and RIGHT NEXT TO the center bases where they start, with all else unclaimed.

4-player version: Same thing, but start in the corners. OR, same thing, but put two more central bases around the little lake in the middle.

Do something interesting like that and I think it could be a *really* fun map.
Forum Index » User Generated Maps