[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Random games - 20+ game surrendered by same opponent...
Forum Index » New Feature Request
SeanC

SeanC

First I'd like to say great game, considering the cost it would definitely make my all-time top three games list Keep up the good work.

The problem and a suggestion of how to overcome it.

I have during the last few days had the "pleasure" of being paired a lot with one particular opponent (lets call him Bozo the clown) when playing random. I would say he has surrendered 20+ games until now, I only started counting today, which totals 8 games surrendered.

Today he finally took his turn when he got the matchup with me sapiens, him khraleans on wildplains. This makes me believe it's not because he doesn't know how to switch to "not available for random games" but is simply waiting for a few select match ups on a few select maps. That makes for a poor random game uniwar player in my eyes.
We have had plenty of same race matchup which in most cases should give a fair start for both but these have also been surrendered... Having played 100 some games in random this is the first time I have encountered the problem, don't know if others have had the pleasure also? But it is a game spoiler...

The suggested solution:
You could install a penalty for surrendering games early. Not for every game you surrender as sometimes it's fair enough to say no thanks. Maybe for every 5 or 10 games you surrender, this way Bozo the clown would have gotten deducted 2 or 4 points from his ranking points and maybe would not see his dodge and play strategy so viable anymore. I' sure you'll come up with a good solution.

Best of wishes, SeanC
Anonymous

Anonymous
Really, just consider yourself lucky if you get a game going at all on random. Think it gets a little better when you have higher ratings but then most people with better ratings don't bother with random games.

As far as penalizing ratings-- you really think those kind of people care? I'd love to see them revamp the whole random games thing or just get rid of it entirely, but until then I'd say buyer beware, perhaps consider a second uniwar account just for random games where the ratings dont matter and you're just playing for practice.
[Avatar]
kralux

[Avatar]
kralux

Anonymous, do you have a suggestion?
[Avatar]
sandymac

[Avatar]
sandymac

I'd like to see a limit on how many fresh random games someone can start with you. Something like a player can initiate up to four fresh games with another person until you will be temporary excluded from their possible opponents. By "fresh games" I mean a match that if either player quit then it wouldn't affect your ranking.
Forum Index » New Feature Request