[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Add ratings requirement to new games
Forum Index » New Feature Request
ahbritto

ahbritto

It is absolutely silly to be manually booting a dozen people because the don't meet the ratings requirement. Please let a ratings minimum be a built in option for new games.
Duncan

Duncan

Thank you! Geez... We just had the same problem where we didn't get a chance to kick a 1300 from a 4v4. Why? Because ZeroBurn clicked "Next Game" and it autostarted the game without asking him! There was a global chat on it (as all the high ranked players from the other team dropped out). It just sucks!

Too bad you asked for this over a month ago =)
aurens

aurens

Yes, indeed. It's just as bad with two-player games. I take the trouble to set up a game, label it 1800 up, and within minutes a newbie has joined, forcing me to delete the game.
commentor

commentor

bad idea to add a minimum rating requirement. there are fewer and fewer fair games to join as it is because everyone just creates games on broken maps, e.g. scramble, jungle, green valley, desolate, etc. do you think by having a minimum rating requirement that someone ranked higher than you is going to join your game when they know the map is unwinnable?
[Avatar]
khabarakh

[Avatar]
khabarakh

Agreed!
brainiac

brainiac

so commentator u would rather newbs (who don't know which maps are broken) be taken advantage of after they join those rigged games?

i second this suggestion because who wants to play someone with is 400 points lower than you in a rated game? the risk far outweighs the reward.
commentor

commentor

brainiac,
a ratings requirement wouldn't protect newbs. it only protects higher ranked players who don't want risk their precious rank by losing to a lower ranked player. broken maps are a separate issue.

the most anyone can lose in a game is 31 points. you can be 1000 points higher than your opponent and you will only drop 31 points if you lose to them. so seeing as there is a limit, i see no need for a min ratings requirement. to make the game as open and fair as possible, you have to give lower ranked players a chance to come up.

if the devs do decide to implement a min rating setting for games, they should also reset everyone's rank to 1500. that way everyone starts from the same position. how would you like that?
Forum Index » New Feature Request