[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
v1.0.6 iPhone
Forum Index » What's New in the Latest Updates
rolando

rolando

NEW FEATURES
- Push message alerts now received for a new turn.
- Push sound alerts enabled.
- More balanced online maps (Desolate, Bases Galore, Quintus and Full Planet)
- Rated games must have all slots filled in order to start (cheat avoidance).
- War Report displays cost of units killed and lost.
- Added "Highest Ranking" to player profiles.
- Corrected random factor for more balanced game play online.
- Selecting enemy units will display a red cursor instead of green.
- Admin system messages can now be scrolled by the user.
- Keyboard now displays on the application (this fixes the black/white screen that sometimes occurred for some players after entering text).
- Keyboard in landscape now supported.
- Removed the confirmation prompt when exiting to the Main Lobby while in an online game.

BUG FIXES
- Win/Loss/Draw stats now display in the player profile while in a game.
- Fixed crash when updating from previous version under specific circumstances.
- Fixed issue with buried enemy units counter not displayed after building a unit.
- Fixed issue with system message being bypassed if received along with a system info update.
- Other behind-the-scenes bug fixes.

Submission date: Tuesday December 29, 2009

Release date: Wednesday December 30, 2009 (1 day turnaround! Thanks to Apple!)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 02, 2012 06:38

brainiac

brainiac

fasted update going through ever!

first post of new year!
jetra

jetra

I like all the new features , but I'm not sure about the balance - I don't like it at all!
commentor

commentor

some players are still creating games on the old Desolate map and individual games on 4-player maps with closed slots.

Green Valley and Jungle also need to be rebalanced. you can't win against blue sapiens.
[Avatar]
reallyfun

[Avatar]
reallyfun

Thanks for the update!!
But, what about the new maps??
commentor

commentor

too bad text in chat no longer auto-corrects. i think i preferred the old way with auto-correct, even though i got the black screens sometimes.
blujay

blujay

Why in the world did you do this? I have been really enjoying playing 1v1 games on the big maps. Who cares if some slots are closed? Who says a 4-player map has to be played with 4 players?! I hate the slowness and chaos that most 4/5/6-player FFA games have. But a lot of those big maps are great with 2 players. You end up with each player having many bases, lots of credits, lots of units, and several battle fronts. It's great! Why did you disable that in rated games?!?
[Avatar]
gunther84

[Avatar]
gunther84

...all your bases are belong to us... [b]
Gen Petraeus

Gen Petraeus

I think that the new balance is CRAP! sorry developers. You NEED TO REPLACE THE MARAUDER. IT utterly sucks. The only good thing about it is when you are in early stages of a map. Then, you get owned. It is good for those maps with bases that are just a little far away for those first units on the first stages of the map. you build a marauder, get over to that base and start beating the crap out of units capping it. Unfortunately, it sucks after that. What makes it even worse, is that the downgraded Marines, and made MECHA's STronger. Marines were weak already, so you make them weaker? doesn't make any sense. Another thing, you need to create a unit, maybe replace the marauder, maybe implement it in the marauder- instead of dual machine guns, make it more like a i don't know, call it a humvee. Yes a humvee! Ok i was joking about that, but you could maybe weaken the attack it has on ground light units, and make it higher on aerial units and tank units- and add a 2 shot range to it. Ever heard of the TOW missile? I don't know, something to let the sapien race compete with other races and their 2 shot units. Because all Sapiens have to counter it is a battery that is weak against those 2 shot units and can't shoot far. What do you think? Up until now, I thought the developers would do something about the sapiens and their disadvantage in not having a unit that can be a 2 range guy.

Why is it that people suck sometimes?
It's a question I ask myself sometimes. My answer??? "It's Life noob! Get on with it!"
lothar

lothar

I only see an update for 1.0.3
Whats with all these other update revision numbers?
Forum Index » What's New in the Latest Updates