[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Fleet Tactics
Forum Index » Sapiens
Destructor49

Destructor49

So I really enjoy maps with fleet battles and stuff, and I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on good strategies or tactics to use for the open ocean. I find myself going up against hordes of Levis every now and then and it's really hard to advance. What do you all suggest?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 28, 2010 18:44

brainiac

brainiac

mix in a few copters. levithans suck against copters. it might be hard to get your copters within range without exposing them to fire though...
Pie2.1

Pie2.1

Any one agree with me that batteries should have 2-4 range? it kinda makes sense like titans have 3-5 and khraleans have 1-3? Mabey increase their price by 100 or something.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

That's kinda late, but I discovered on several occasions that if you mass up detroyers and he masses up levis, let him attack first, then on your turn kill all the weaklings (5 or 3) with your full health destroyers, and when they're gone go for the healthier ones. After a few clashes and recovers from your opponent, you WILL prevail

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
[Avatar]
lantry

[Avatar]
lantry

i dunno if this is really helpful, but i played a fleet battle once, on Naval War. I was sapiens, and i was fighting khralies. me and my opponent both built almost exclusively naval units (I tried building a few helos, but they got shot down). the battle went back and forth a little, but it was basically a deadlock. I had fewer but stronger units, and he had weaker but more units. He almost took me down by sending some pincers up the side to take one of my bases, but i managed to beat him back.
[Avatar]
Wrath Of Sid

[Avatar]
Wrath Of Sid

For Titans it's fairly obvious - get inside their minimum range and blow them to robot hell.

Leviathans is harder, especially in large numbers when they gang up. Destroyer's 2x repair is very useful in that situation, since they can stay alive longer, so I normally use them as distractions to soak up fire whilst i push with my land units.

Sanity is for the weak!!!
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

But I think titan fleet is the hardest for sapien, very hard.
Yes, if you fight a single titan ship, you may able to move close to it and shoot.
But smart titan player will cover a frontline ship with 2-3 ships behind, or walkers.

Fighting kharlean fleet as sapien is much easier than the opposite direction.
Destroyer is very strong against all kharl's units, whatever it's garuda, swarmer, wymp or pinzer.
You just spam destroyers, with 2 engineers making a repair station.
Remember * 2 engineers * not only one, it's critically difference.
And do good ship's rotation, then you'll be very fine against kharl.
But against smart titan, you must use every tactics sapien has.
And it still very difficult.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 16, 2012 02:40

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

Fighting Titans as a Saps isn't that hard, because even a fair fight (both do damage) comes out favoring the Destroyer. Good Titan tactics can make it harder, but if you're fighting against a good opponent you'd better have some good tactics up your sleeve as well . You can use Helis to assist, because Hydronauts have no close range attack.

By the way, Wyrms are not wymps. They are arguably the best artillery unit, but no artillery unit can stand up against ships. Khraleans are disadvantaged in fleet warfare because they have much weaker ships, but the fact that they can build more ships helps them swarm Destroyers in some situations.

DroidFreak, the roboticist who plays as Khrals.

(Or Titans now that I realize how legit they are)
[WWW]
Forum Index » Sapiens