[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
nOOb observations / questions
Forum Index » Frequently Asked Questions
IzzI

IzzI

i'm just starting out with the joy of online uniwar versus y'all. ooo ra.

in the join game screens there are a lot of options and features that it would be nice if this material was covered here somewhere here on the website.

i'm figuring it out gradually by trial and error to some extent. the system automatically joins me to games that i do not want to be part of and there is no way to opt out of games you aren't interested in playing. you just get stuck there and you would like to drop it from your list but you can't unless the other player lets you have a draw on the first round. is that a custom here - giving a draw on the first round for games you are not interested in playing?

then there are all sorts of options for multiple player games and so on which i have yet to learn. at any rate the main thing i'm finding is that it automatically signs me up for games that go nowhere because the time limit for moves is one day and i would rather play quicker games but my queue gets all filled up with games that don't move and i can't get rid of them without surrendering.

how do i keep from getting stuck in go nowhere games automatically ?
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

First of all, welcome to Uniwar.

To help you on the game and to answer those newbies questions, I highly suggest you pay the "help" section of the game a visit, it's in the main menu (while you're offline)
Now for your games, you have a feature activated called "random games". I think it's covered in the help section, but just in case it's not, it basically allow the players to match up against you randomly using the "random game" feature. You can of course deactivate it by going in Headquarters > My Account
If you don't want to deactivate but want to drop games, you have to be aware that, until the game reaches round #3, it's not considered rated, so if you surrender on round #3 or before you won't lose any points and it won't be counted in your win/loss ratio.
For the options i'm not sure, I think it filters the open games displayed.

If you have further questions go ahead, and good luck on Uniwar

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
Forum Index » Frequently Asked Questions