[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Best Unit of all Time
Forum Index » General Discussion
What unit do you think is best overall?
Marine 0% [ 0 ]
Marauder 0% [ 0 ]
Tank 0% [ 0 ]
Helicopter 52% [ 11 ]
Underling 0% [ 0 ]
Swarmer 0% [ 0 ]
Garuda 24% [ 5 ]
Pinzer 10% [ 2 ]
Mecha 0% [ 0 ]
Speeder 0% [ 0 ]
Eclipse 0% [ 0 ]
Plasma Tank 14% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 21
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Ok invite me...
Heli vs plasma one on one?
Plasma wins with at least 6 health left...

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

lantry wrote: ok guys helos would beat both of those, especially the pinzer. challenge me if you dont believe it.
There is no single "best unit" That's why i picked my favorite. No unit is perfect, and just because a unit has a certain advantage over another, that does not make it a better unit overall

Sorry if i offended you
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Nixflix wrote: There is no single "best unit" That's why i picked my favorite. No unit is perfect, and just because a unit has a certain advantage over another, that does not make it a better unit overall

True. Besides, a pinzy and a heli would draw. Helis at most can only do 2 damage to a pinzer, which could just repair each turn... The end result would be pinzy with 10 health and heli with 10 health.

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Do you jest? Helicopters might not take a lot of damage, but heck, they SUCK against pinzers... you need something like 4-5 to bring one down from 10 health. How much is that? 2000-2500? That's a lot for 450 credits... With that much money (2500), you can buy 2 pinzers, have an infector to make sure they survive, and have two wyrms beat the crap out of those helis!

Helis are great, don't get me wrong, but not against khraleans in general...
Also, why no artillery? They're essential! I can understand for the boats, but not the artillery... I would've chosen the Wyrm, it's move and attack capability makes it VERY efficient in close range, not like that pussy walker that just sits there and shoots from afar
So instead of the wyrm, I chose the garuda, one of the most versatile units, being pretty cheap and can heal a shit ton in just a turn (+6 with just an infector!). It's way better than the heli cost wise, and is almost an equal to the heli. They just suck against marines on forests or mountains...

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
[Avatar]
lantry

[Avatar]
lantry

Nicko wrote: Do you jest? Helicopters might not take a lot of damage, but heck, they SUCK against pinzers... you need something like 4-5 to bring one down from 10 health. How much is that? 2000-2500? That's a lot for 450 credits... With that much money (2500), you can buy 2 pinzers, have an infector to make sure they survive, and have two wyrms beat the crap out of those helis!

Obviously you would use support to back up your pinzers in a real game, but for the sake of the argument if you could only do helos vs pinzers, helos would win, because eventually there would be enough helos to take down the pinzers one by one, while the pinzers keep hitting for 0.
although, you probably are right about garudas. i think i overestimated how much move after attack and better vs light units was worth. for 150c less, and double repair too, garudas are probably better.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Well yeah without any backup pinzers get pwned, although they'll resist for awhile...

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
[Avatar]
dr34dn0ught

[Avatar]
dr34dn0ught

gota go with the heli with good attack n good mobility, but no unit can win a battle by itself

Life is too short to skip dessert
[Avatar]
lantry

[Avatar]
lantry

dr34dn0ught wrote: but no unit can win a battle by itself

that is certainly true. if there was one unit that was good enough to do that, the game would have major balancing issues.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Sure, but if you could elect a best unit then I would pick the most versatile one

Wandering...
[Avatar]
lantry

[Avatar]
lantry

most versatile- exactly! and that would probably be either garudas or helos, imho.
thethanx

thethanx

I picked for the same reason as Nicko: versitility... Only because I agree that really units are realitively equal when used in the proper situation. Choppers are great too, but with only +1 heal they can be hard to care for... They're my second choiced for versitility...
[Avatar]
MuRLoCk

[Avatar]
MuRLoCk

i voted for helos, because they ARE the best.

but my second would have to be the pinzer, because i agree with the argument over pinzer being better.

i mean hello... pinzers already heal for 2, so just that alone makes em better, they could take out a plasma tank easy.

you scruffy lookin' nerf herder.

help mr.green take over the world! copy and paste this in your sig to help him gain world domination!!!!
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

Ohhhhh I wouldn't say easily
The mighttt be able to
I haven't had that kind of battle in a while
Care to test this, murlock?
Pinzer might win if the plasma was dumb enough to keep on attacking and the pinzer just kept on healing

Sorry if i offended you
[Avatar]
MuRLoCk

[Avatar]
MuRLoCk

Nixflix wrote: Ohhhhh I wouldn't say easily
The mighttt be able to
I haven't had that kind of battle in a while
Care to test this, murlock?
Pinzer might win if the plasma was dumb enough to keep on attacking and the pinzer just kept on healing

haha well thats true, but i have owned a plasma tank with a pinzer before, but i guess he was dumb like you said haha and i might have had an infector with me...

you scruffy lookin' nerf herder.

help mr.green take over the world! copy and paste this in your sig to help him gain world domination!!!!
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

Yesyes but doooo you want to test it??
Pinzers areeee cooler than plasmas after all

Sorry if i offended you
Forum Index » General Discussion