[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Quick tournament discussion
Forum Index » Tournaments
Sphink

Sphink

Comments, sugjestions, questions, and general discussion welcome here.

Good luck, Have fun!

My biased opinions are open-minded.
-Sphink
Sphink

Sphink

Nixflix and nfong, please edit your posts like I told you in my tourny thread. I would perfer everyone put "T1-" in front of their name for simplicity. Stands for "tournament 1" feel free to use the idea for your tournament nfong!

Good luck, Have fun!

-Sphink
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

its spelled suggestions
and this is my first post in this thread..

Sorry if i offended you
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

no this is MY first post in the thread...

btw Sphink I changed it... so now people will put T2- in front of their names. So for example, T2-nfongisawesome

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 29, 2010 16:54

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
Sphink

Sphink

Nfong and nixflix, please edit your first post in the tournament thread like I described in the last paragraph. And direct all questions on this thread... Edit your second one nfong and just change it to "oops" like nixflix's...

Good luck, Have fun!

-Sphink
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Brilliant idea for the anti cheat Sphink! So simple and yet very effective, I love it.
And nix and nfong, this is a forum not a chat

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

Nicko wrote: Brilliant idea for the anti cheat Sphink! So simple and yet very effective, I love it.
And nix and nfong, this is a forum not a chat
i know

Sorry if i offended you
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Sphink wrote: Nfong and nixflix, please edit your first post in the tournament thread like I described in the last paragraph. And direct all questions on this thread... Edit your second one nfong and just change it to "oops" like nixflix's...

wait edit what?

lawhawk

lawhawk

Thank you to whoever thought of using the new usernames to prove wins rather than screenshots. The screenshots thing was going to be a big problem for me and my non-root Android phone.
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Lawhawk I know that you're already in the 16 person tourney, so I was wondering if you'd like to join the 64 person one?

lawhawk

lawhawk

nfong wrote: Lawhawk I know that you're already in the 16 person tourney, so I was wondering if you'd like to join the 64 person one?

Yes, definitely. I'm a little worried about being able to keep track of logging in with three different usernames/passwords but I will give it a shot.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Just ask your opponents if they could kindly not skip you, and if not, well you're not playing 24Hrs in a tournament eh? You should have time.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 03, 2010 11:58

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
thethanx

thethanx

Regarding the new tourney or multiples, is it possible to just use the same username for both, if it only gets used for tournaments it would be easy to track another loss easy enough. especially if they are both being followed here on the forum.Especially if everyone keeps posted on their win/loss record after every match... although maybe with 64 people it would be to hard to track? I dunno just an idea.
Sphink

Sphink

I added a section explaning how the tournament will work on the tournament thread. I think one account per tournament would be the simplest way to go. I personaly use the same password for most every account I have (not just uniwar) so for me it's as easy as remembering the user name (T1-Sphink, GGU-Sphink, Sphink, ect...) but I think a new account for every tournament would be the simplest way. I guess I will be the game master for this tournament and I will prolly keep a notebook and keep track of everything, and any future tournaments if this one does good. And if you used your current account (which you prolly have active rated games on) there would be no way to determine if a win came from the tournament or one of your other games. Whereas with an account for that tournament where you are only playing your one tournament game at a time (no other games will be allowed to played, so if at any time you have more then 1 current game. You will be disquallified) it will be very simple for me to keep track of each game and a quick look at your stats will verify this.

Ps. I don't really want to explain every little detail but it would be great if you were a little more specific with your questions. Because I could write alot more of exactly how the tournamet will go. Step by step. And the truth is... I don't know exactly how it will go untill we do it. but I will tell you how I have it planed... The info is kinda spread between the 2 threads but that's because some people asked questions on the other thread

I hope this is enough information for you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 08, 2010 03:26

Good luck, Have fun!

-Sphink
Sphink

Sphink

Anyone have any intrest in this?

It's an old thread, but I had someone suggest I start a tourny and I said I would if ppl showed intrest...

So I'll bump this and my "cancelled" back up to the top and see if there's any renewed intrest.

So... BUMP

Good luck, Have fun!

-Sphink
Forum Index » Tournaments