[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Feature requests
Forum Index » New Feature Request
asdf

asdf

wow. Your stupidity is shocking. How about you answer my questions?

So what if it's rated? I want to play a certain race, and my opponent wants to play a certain race. We both agree to the matchup. Where's the problem?

Rating has nothing to do with the issue. Your only argument is filtering. Unbelievably stupid argument. You should then also argue that there should be no option to remove a player for a rated game. Even though the programmers already allow you to filter a rated game, it goes against your stupid reasoning so it's unfair. Just stupid.

I happen to play Titans and find matches against Khraleans to be the most fun. So I wait until a player joins with Khraleans. We both agree to the matchup. Sometimes the joining player is ranked higher than me, sometimes not. But we both want to play the match. If you think there is something wrong with that, then you are a complete idiot.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 17, 2010 17:16

ggez44

ggez44

well that's it exactly.. you can remove players anyway, so you can already limit races and limit player rating, so why not just make it easy and do it systematically?

and i guess my main goal for limiting races is that some maps just play differently w/o certain races.. notably peninsulas w/o titans.. i've never played a non-rated game.. so whatever, i hope to just get that option for rated as well.
Britannia

Britannia

Uhhh, sorry asdf, but they mainly added in the feature to kick people from game lobby in order to remove lower ranked players from high ranked games and allow game creators the option or removing a player who was recognized as a cheater..... It most definitely was NOT added so you could screen out races you didn't like. That is discrimination, which is essentially cheating, and it prevents you from developing as a player. Besides, your argument fails on the point that if you really enjoyed good matchups, you'd play tight and more complex games, not ones where the outcome is virtually assured in your favor.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 17, 2010 08:03

asdf

asdf

Wow, britannia. You are an idiot.

Wanting to play a certain race is not cheating in any way, nor does it assure who wins. Sounds like you haven't played this game much if you actually believe that.

Hmm, screening out races? Don't you realize that the joining player is doing screening? The joining player decides among the open games which map to join, against which race, and rating. How is this not filtering by the joining player? So the joining player can freely choose to play whatever matchup he wants but the hosting player can't? You are an idiot.

If you truly want no filtering/screening at all, then the only way to do that is by random games. You can't choose the map or the matchup. You just play whatever is given to you.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

This is how I see it: you create a game so you have a choice with the turn limits, choose the map and choose a race yourself. So up until now you're deciding everything, and you still want to decide to impose a race on the other player??
How is that even fair? The guy will be playing on your grounds, why do you think they put that option for unrated games ONLY?? Maybe because it's UNFAIR?
Please don't try to argue a developer's decision, it's their game not yours, and they don't give a fuck about your whining bc you can't play fair against other players... If you want that feature so badly play only unrated, since you play "for fun" only and wouldn't seem to care about rating...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 18, 2010 05:31

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
asdf

asdf

lol. You can't get any stupider than that.

Joining player can do all the screening, and that's ok? But hosting player can't. What a dumbass.

Do you seriously think a joining player looks for disadvantageous matchups to join? No, the joining player looks for favorable matchups to join. This is screening. If you can't understand that, then you are an idiot.

Fair? The joining player wants that matchup. What's bad in the hosting player waiting for someone who wants that matchup. Dude, seriously think about what you say before you say it. You are just coming across as a dumbass.

I am not imposing a race on the other player. The joining player wants to use that race. Get it through your thick skull.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Say, could you say calling ppl idiots? It's not a good way to make people like you or approve of your view point.
And favorable? You must be talking about yourself, because I join games determined on the MAP there is, I hardly care about the enemy race unless on certain maps, like green valley.
Do you seriously think ppl join favorable games only? No, but guys like you do.

And remove races is pretty imposing someone IMO

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

I think all of the noobs of uniwar had a conference and nominated him as their spokesperson

Sorry if i offended you
Sphink

Sphink

Asdf,
after bumping into you in the forums a few timesand reading most of your posts, it seems that all you really care about is winning. Not becomming a better player. I liked the metaphor about training wheels, you are playing with a "handicap". It isn't cheating in any way, and it's not unfair because your opponets are choosing the race they want to fight you with. But you are choosing every single option of the game. So they are playing your game.

Let me say there is nothing wrong with your decision to kick your opponets based on race. But it is a handicap and a true cop out to real strategy. By saying well I have the most fun Titan vs khralean, so I'll kick everyone who chooses sapians or titans is giving you a handicap.

You said in another post that you are rated 2000+ in your other account. Please invite me to a game, I always learn more from my losses then any win. And if you want to limit what race I play then you will have to make it UNRATED like the game was ment to be played if you want to limit your opponets race choice.

Good luck, Have fun!

My biased opinions are open-minded.
-Sphink
asdf

asdf

lol, everyone. You guys just don't get it.

If someone joins a match I setup, they do so willingly. What's wrong with starting that match? Whether it was the 1st player who tried to join or not, it does not matter. We both want to play that match.

Forcing the race? Lol. It is only forcing the race if the player is forced to play the game. That is not so. Whoever joins the game wanted to play that matchup. How is that forcing the race on the player?

Handicap? I play several maps. I win some, I lose some. I really don't know which race has a particular advantage on whichever maps. I just play the maps that I find fun.

I'm not trying to become the best player. I just want to play a fun game. If that means I like a certain matchup, so what?

You guys are just way too serious.
thethanx

thethanx

Ok I know I said I was done with this, but after some time away from the forums and this topic in particular, rereading these posts has given me some different insight. I think sphinx is totally right, and I now I even agree that there is nothing wrong with wanting to screen who you play.

@asdf
What I think has made this such a hot topic of debate is essentially your total lack of respect for other peoples opinions and inability to even LISTEN to or awknowledge what other people are trying to say.

This isn't just a total right/wrong situation, and when you call people stupid and act like a jerk, you win neither arguments nor friends. Calling people stupid, ignoring what they have to say and directly attacking PEOPLE instead of just arguing ideas is immature and bad form. It's called flaming and maybe people would respect YOUR opinions more if you respected theirs
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Nixflix wrote: I think all of the noobs of uniwar had a conference and nominated him as their spokesperson

ouch. that one might leave a mark, asdf.
Just curious, what is your real username?

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
Britannia

Britannia

THANK YOU NFONG AND NIXFLIX!

Seriously, asdf, you control what map you're playing on, the OTHER player should control what race they play with. They're all balanced anyways, you forcing someone to be a certain race just because your especially good against them just makes you a weaker player overall. People who "willingly" join your game don't realize that all you've been doing over the past year is playing your particular race against their particular race on a particular map. I can understand imposing screening on rank, but race?! When you do that, you ADMIT that you have a serious strategic deficiency.

Stop flaming other people, if all you care about is the playing your one race against another race on a certain map then make UNRATED games, seeing as how that is their point. By making the games rated, you admit that all you care about is rank.

Thirdly, the Devs created maps to have a certain balance. Some maps, the first person has an advantage, sometimes, it's the second person. This advantage can be placement of starting units or a variety of other things. This imbalance is made in order to balance out first-turn-second-turn as well as race screening.

The Devs made an option for people like you, it's called UNRATED games. Either you pick race screening or rank, either way, pick one and stick to it.
Sphink

Sphink

thethanx wrote: I think sphinx is totally right...

What I think has made this such a hot topic of debate is essentially your total lack of respect for other peoples opinions and inability to even LISTEN to or awknowledge what other people are trying to say.

This isn't just a total right/wrong situation... Calling people stupid, ignoring what they have to say and directly attacking PEOPLE instead of just arguing ideas is immature and bad form.

well said. These points above are right on the money. Especially the first one!

Good luck, Have fun!

My biased opinions are open-minded.
-Sphink
asdf

asdf

lol. I did argue the points. Re-read my posts.

You are only forcing the player to choose a certain race if the game itself is forced. For example, player nfong wants to join my game. He wants to pick titans but I delete him because I only want to play against sapiens. Since he isn't forced to continue with the game, he isn't forced to pick sapiens. If he wants to join the game again and play sapiens, that's his call, but he is not forced to pick sapiens because he is not forced to play the game. Easy concept to understand.

So I wait for someone to join my game who wants to play sapiens. Where is the problem with that? He wants to play that matchup and freely chose that race.

I don't see how you can speculate on why the dev created a delete option. Regardless of why it's there, it exists. So I use it.

I also don't care or know which race supposedly has an advantage over another race on whatever map. I play the maps I want with the matchup I want. Same with the joining player. How is that an issue?

Make unrated games? Why? Both players agree to the matchup. No problem. Would it matter if the joining player has a higher rating than me? Are you saying that player is stupid for joining the match? I am by no means a great player and I never said I was. I just like playing for fun. Certain matchups for me are just plain boring so I don't want to play them.

I win about half my games. So saying that I'm sticking to an advantage is ridiculous. Also, about 1/2 of the players joining my games are rated higher than I am. Are you saying that those people are dumb to join?

Screening? The joining player does all the screening in the world. He looks for a map to play, the race of the hosting player, possibly the rating, and then decides to join the match if he wants. How is that not screening? The only way to avoid screening is to have forced random games.

Seriously, guys. Simple issue. Both players want to play that matchup on that map. Whether the joining player is the 1st player to attempt to start the match or the 10th player, it just doesn't matter.

I suppose the only possible argument you can make is that a certain race has an overwhelming advantage against another race on a certain map, and that I only play that matchup. Is there even a matchup like that? On what maps and what matchup does that exist? If there are none, then all is fair.
Forum Index » New Feature Request