[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Bots not accepting games?
Forum Index » General Discussion
jawnv6

jawnv6

I play a lot of 4-player FFA matches online against bots (since you can't do 4-way local & can't have multiple games), and ever since last week bots aren't accepting new games. My games (e.g. X-ISLAND71618 ) just sit with the bots "Pending". Is this a known thing? When will the bots be working again?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 15, 2010 15:36

[Avatar]
charnal

[Avatar]
charnal

I've been noticing the same thing. I play with a couple friends (xana and Braden, if you need to know) a lot with bots to train them in multi player maps (I teach them to be better. I'm not the best, but I know a few things about strategy) and the bots are just "Pending." And in the actually games, they don't move. They don't go at all. It seems that they are offline.

I don't know if it's a glitch, but I speculate that because they've been doing this for a while, that the uniwar team is testing or something?

The most dangerous enemy is the one nobody fears
jawnv6

jawnv6

The one I noted and another game of mine started, looks like the Uniwar team fixed the problem. Cheers!
[Avatar]
kralux

[Avatar]
kralux

The BOTS are now fixed.
The bot server had some hardware issues and had to be fully reinstalled.
Sorry for this interruption. Bot are now back to life.

The UniWar Team
C.Shirtless

C.Shirtless

No, it's not fixed. No, it's still not working.
I'm really sick of this now. Can't say I can recommend my friends to buy this as the bots are ALWAYS struggling...

In our game 1 (one!) bot did his/her move and then the next one was stuck again :/

I give up!
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Don't tell me you use the online solely with bots?? Do you know what online is for? To play with OTHER PLAYERS.

Not happy? Well too bad, you don't seem to be very active in the community yourself so bleh

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
jawnv6

jawnv6

Nicko wrote: Don't tell me you use the online solely with bots?? Do you know what online is for? To play with OTHER PLAYERS.

Not happy? Well too bad, you don't seem to be very active in the community yourself so bleh

I'm terribly sorry, I enjoy playing games with 4 or more players that move relatively quickly. The last game with other people I'm in in started a month ago, each of my turns are days apart and it's honestly an awful experience as it just lacks the continuity of faster-paced games. And the on-device multiplayer is limited to 2 players, so I'm not sure your grandstanding point about "ONLINE 4 OTHER PLAYERS" is valid at all, but if you have a more concrete argument I'd like to hear it.

I don't understand what makes one "active in the community". I play a lot of games. Do I need to post more on the forums? I'm not a very good player, I don't think any game analysis I could provide would be all that useful. My matches with people are basically limited to people I know in real life, and I talk to them in-game or outside the forums.

Could you explain why exactly this makes me less deserving of a feature of the online environment working? It seems to be an exceptional case, the developers do not want the bots to be down. They were up and working for a few hours (edit: THANKS!!! to Kralux and the rest of the Dev team for that!) , so it's intermittent. I'm just wondering when I'll get to play more Uniwar the way I like it

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 17, 2010 09:20

Forum Index » General Discussion