[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Kicked out?!
Forum Index » General Discussion
radrx

radrx

I was toasting my opponent (he was down to controlling 1/6 bases), playing throughout day, then come back after a short interval to get a message I had been kicked. I presume it must have been a 3 m game, though I wasn't aware. In any case, it is very poor form, IMO.

I'm new to Uniwar. Does "getting kicked" result from time lapsing? I don't see a way to check that in the finished game. Am I missing something?
[Avatar]
charnal

[Avatar]
charnal

It's weak players trying to trick people. When someone joins their three minute game, they might wait a while before starting. In any case, they make you take quick decisions and when they finally catch you taking too long, they skip your turn. Repeat process until win. It's a horrible way to play and it's very intense. Always remember to check that it's not three minutes before joining any rated games like that. I got into one like it yesterday. I caught HIM off guard and gave him a taste of his own medicine, which was the turning point. HAHAHA.

I have a biased opinion, don't I? Haha.

It's a weak way of getting points. Losers.

The most dangerous enemy is the one nobody fears
asdf

asdf

There is nothing wrong with skipping a player's turn. It's part of the rules. Just view it like the 24-second shot clock in the NBA. If you have the ball (your turn) and you take longer than 24 seconds to take a shot (3m turn for example), then you deserve to lose the ball (have your turn skipped).

I find it laughable how some people get pissed when they have their turn skipped. Pay attention people! You know the rules of the game before you join. If you don't pay attention when it's your turn, you absolutely deserve to have your turn skipped.

What's the point of having turn time limits if there is no penalty for not following them? Anybody who complains when their turn is skipped is nothing but a crybaby. Follow the rules of the game or just don't play.
radrx

radrx

I didn't just "have my turn skipped."

The game was essentially over, and I had clearly won. I had captured 4 of the 6 bases, and had a unit on one of his two remaining bases, which he could never recapture. I had strong units surrounding his remaining small force. If he decided to "fight it out" rather than surrender, he would have lasted about 2 turns. The stats show I had killed 10 of his units, he had killed one of mine.

IMHO, to claim that game based on time may be "within the rules", but is bad sportsmanship.

But back to my question... I still had units throughout the field and controlled most of the bases. I didn't receive a message that my turn had been skipped. The only message I received, was that I had been "kicked out." How does that happen?
[Avatar]
charnal

[Avatar]
charnal

asdf, THREE MINUTE GAMES! All I could do would be to wait until the person is offline, then start the game and skip his turn until I win the game. There you go. I just got points and hardly tried at all. I like to play 24 hour games, because then you can get on whenever your sleep/work cycle allows you too, regardless of your time zone or whatever.

Unrated games with three minutes? Fine. As long as both players are present. It'd be like playing speed chess (save for there being no timer stopper whatever, although I think that would be a good idea for this game, maybe) and would be very intense and lots of fun.

But not on rated games where it would be easy to win with your opponent being offline a half-hour. That's simply cheating. Even in unrated games, because that's playing dirty. That's not playing, period. That's just you moving and the other guy sitting there. Is that fun?

[Avatar]
charnal

[Avatar]
charnal

radrx, I have no idea why it happened like that. Who were you playing? I want to beat him up now. And asdf.

asdf

asdf

charnal, lol. If you start a game while the other player is offline, the game will only last 3 rounds as you skip his turns. Since the game lasts only 3 rounds before he is kicked, the game does not count towards record nor ratings. Why are you lying about this simple truth?

radrx, it doesn't matter how close you were to victory. If you choose to not play your turns, then that's your own fault. You deserve to have your turns skipped. Simple. Bad sportsmanship is agreeing to play a game and then crying over losing because you didn't follow the rules.

Uniwar is a game that has rules. One of the rules is the turn time limit. If you fail, for whatever reason, to take your turn within the time limit, then you have no reason to cry foul if your turn is skipped. If you are not able to take your turns in a timely manner, then do not join a game with a short turn time limit.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 24, 2010 17:39

Sphink

Sphink

Ok let's look at what happened without flaming anyone.

Let's say it's a 3m game. So after 3 minutes your opponet has the option to skip you. Let's say he chooses to exercise his right and skips you (weather it's bad manners or not), takes his turn and it's your turn again. 3 minutes later he chooses to skip you again. So on and so forth.

Now, about the whole "i didn't recieve a message that my turn had been skipped". Unless you have your email set up to email you when it's your turn or something, if you were offline for more then 9 minutes (3 three min. Turns) then when you log on the game is already over (he skipped you three times)

bad sportsmenship? That's a matter of opinion and everyone has theirs. If I join a 3-10m game I personaly always skip because I joined their game and they Didnt move in the time they said they would. I would also expect them to skip me. considering the time limit and the fact that they obviously want a fast game. I failed to make my turn in the time I said I would. 12-24hr games I personaly don't skip because I know I won't have mine skipped due to there being plenty of time for me to move.

That is my opinion on the subject and I'm sure people will dissagree because it is only an opinion. I hope in the future you will look to see exactly what the game options are before you join any game. To me that's like saying your mad because you beat someone with a higher score then you and are mad because you didn't get any points because you didn't know the game was unrated.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 24, 2010 18:34

Good luck, Have fun!

My biased opinions are open-minded.
-Sphink
[Avatar]
MuRLoCk

[Avatar]
MuRLoCk

i only read the main post, not the other answers, but ill post here. XD

if the turn timer is low, (i.e. 3 minutes) you should check the game more often, cause they could easily kick you from the game, if your turn timer goes down before you even get a chance to play your turn.

so tip: make sure you look at the turn times, make sure there in a time limit that you can do otherwise, you will get kicked, and lose points for not doing anything. this happened to me once, on my like first few games or so... so yeah. i have learned from my mistakes. XD

you scruffy lookin' nerf herder.

help mr.green take over the world! copy and paste this in your sig to help him gain world domination!!!!
Forum Index » General Discussion