[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Helicopters nerfed alittle too much?
Forum Index » General Discussion
Pie2.1

Pie2.1

Over my time of playing uniwar, ive noticed that helicopters are given a run for their money by garudas. Every aspect of the helicopter is exactly the same as the Garuda except that helicopter has less repair, can move 2 hexes after it attacks,a stronger attack against ground light, and very little added armor (which is pretty much only noticed in garuda vs helicopter) Just personally, I think helicopters should have a slight boost in attack against other units. Please reply if you agree or disagree with me.
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

I completely
D I S A G R E E

Sorry if i offended you
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

A good sapien player normally wouldn't hit a full health Garuda with a heli!!!
Use marines on mountainus terrain to first hit them and helis to finish them
Be very glad that they can move after attack!!
Also marauders can help take out garudas

Sorry if i offended you
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

I was gonna say exactly what Nix said...
but maruaders and well-placed marines can also take out helis, too.
I like to think of marines as a heli's best friend in an aerial war.

But I still think helis are "somewhat" of a ripoff. But if your enemy is spamming garudas/swarmers, then you're basically forced to get some helis too.

And the heli's move after attack helps because if you kill an enemy on their base, you can go and sit on it right after your attack.

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
Pie2.1

Pie2.1

true true cant argue with that, its just alitle annoying how helicopters are practically only useful for "sweeping" the map. The only way I can see them for being useful is by siting on bases after they attacked or clearing out weakened units. Its just not worth 500cc to purcase a metal mop
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

exactly! Either they bring the healing back up to 2, or they bring the cost down to a sweet 400.
But helis are useful at times.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 30, 2010 21:09

Pie2.1

Pie2.1

Yea, I kinda do think helos should have 2 repair, but nothing else changed. Over the last nerfs the helicopter has lost much of its stats (armor, repair, and attack). I kinda think that helos should atleast be given 2 repair or boosted up defensive or offensivly.
Hachiman

Hachiman

NO WAY.

Heli's are still a VERY powerful unit.

Heli's + Marines MURDER Garuda's + Swarmers, if used right.

If anything that combo is a bit over powered.
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

Yesss hachiman

Sorry if i offended you
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

buttttttttttttt
if you're playing saps vs saps, two marines and a marauder will killlll a heli...
so 450 worth of units kill 500?

I just wish they would bump the heli's defense up by 2 or so...

Pie2.1

Pie2.1

guradas and swarmers can also destroy helicopters and marines if used right. again though, in a usual battle the marines are forced to damage the garuda (or swarmer) while the helicopter has to come in and "sweep" up weakened units. Plus it can also take only 3-4 marines to kill a helicopter (and this was on normal plain too). Its just that the helicopter does not live up to its full cost of 500cc
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

If by sweep, you mean kill a 6 hp Garuda and taking little to no damage, then that's totally worth it
If you do that twice, it makes up it's full cost anthen some
Helicopters against other sap units are decent, but much better if you use the "sweep" method
Against titans, the do very little against plasmas (their 500 unit), but plasmas are known particularly for their high defense...
If they made anything of helis better, than I probably wouldn't play khrals against enemy saps again

Sorry if i offended you
Pie2.1

Pie2.1

Against titans however the plasma tank is also well known for only having 6 aerial damage, and yet the helicopter usually takes more damage. Also I just tested this, a helicopter cannot kill a 6 garuda in just one hit, the garuda lost 4 hp, and the helo lost 2 (which is normal beacause the helicopter had 10 hp and the garuda started out with 6). I also tested 3 garudas vs 2 helicopters, thats 1050cc to 1000cc.
1st move saps: Helicopters went first and ganged up on the first garuda (killing it of course)
1st move khral: Garudas each attacked and killed 1 helicopter (the helo had 6 hp remainin) the first garuda intook only 2 damage. the second one took none
2nd move saps:Helo attacked garuda with only 8 hp left (helo had 10) The garuda lost 5 and the helo lost 3
2nd move khral:They both attacked the last helicopter, ending the skirmish with 3hp and 7hp. Thats a big number difference for just 50cc
dr. pepper

dr. pepper

It's hard to say because they completely owned Khrals for such a long time before they had their armor, repair, and attack reduced. I personally think they might be SLIGHTLY underpowered but it's not by much. If they were keep the same statistics, a reduce in cost to 450 might make some sense...
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Pie2.1 wrote: Against titans however the plasma tank is also well known for only having 6 aerial damage, and yet the helicopter usually takes more damage.

Of course the heli will take more damage! Have you looked at a plasma's defense lately?!

And 6 aerial is really good for a tank...saps tank have none and a pinzer has like......2?
A 7 pinzy cannot kill a 1 heli...pitiful

sorry bout that...a pinzy only has 1 aerial attack..... poor kid.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 02, 2010 11:29

Forum Index » General Discussion