[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Helicopters nerfed alittle too much?
Forum Index » General Discussion
Pie2.1

Pie2.1

Well I know plasma tanks were built for defense, and im not saying that the helicopter should be stronger than the plasma tank, that would be way to over powered. But helicopters should atleast have alittle of a defense boost to actually be worth its cost. I dont think the armor nerf for the helicopter was right.....
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

That's why I never spam helis against titans...unless there's a lot of forest around with tanks just sitting on them.
If you're spamming helis against titans, you have to worry about eclipses and tanks...
But against krahls helis are useful for taking out pinzys.
Pinzys can't attack helis for their life.

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
Pie2.1

Pie2.1

helicopters werent even made to take on the titans but that doesnt stop the fact that they just take alittle too much damage from units. When transfering from a garuda to a helicopter the unit gains the ablility to move after it attacks, armor, and loses half its repair rate (which is actually really balanced). However the helicopter takes to much damage from units like marines, marauders, and garudas(Especially marines and garudas)I just think they should be worth their actual price and be given their 11 defense back.
lion3

lion3

I strongly disagree with making the Heli's any stronger.
Right now Saps are by far the strongest race in the game.
They beat Khrals on practically all maps.
And they beat Titans on all maps where the bases are spread out (so the Titan cannot turtle up).

If anyone disagrees, please send me some game invites and I will prove my point.

Note: I am only talking about non-naval maps. I rarely play maps with ships, so I don't know who wins on those.

Hachiman

Hachiman

Strongly agree with Lion3

Pie2.1: comparing Heli's to Garuda's in a straight fight doesn't work. You have to factor in Marines to the equation because people almost always mix Marines with Heli's. You were complaining that Marines are too strong vs Heli's, they are even more so against Garuda's. Saps are very strong against Khrals on most land maps because of this. Making the Heli stronger only makes it worse.

Also, you are not taking into account how powerful the Heli's second move is. It makes it A LOT easier for them to gang up, and to jump behind the protection of a screen of Marines. This is very powerful, something the Garuda doesn't have, and worth a lot more than a slightly higher defense. Heli's are expensive but well worth it.
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

Yesyes hachiman and lion, well not that sapiens are the best race part,

Pie helicopters are the only thing I'm afraid of when I play khraleans against sapiens
Helicopters must not be made stronger

jjjj

Sorry if i offended you
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

But helis have nothing on titans. Plasmas are just too strong and eclipses cut up helis like paper.
and saps are definitely not the strongest race...
The key to winning against saps with krahls is good use of plague and infecting those marines...
I fear marines more than helis in a krahl vs saps battle...

[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

In the campaign they said the plasma tank had a "somewhat weak aerial attack". Weak my ass, it's the best for the unit it's kind (tank), and seriously this is abuse. Titans already have the best friggin AA in the game, why make the PT good at it for more power?
I guess it's because they have no aerial but still...

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
glackattack

glackattack

When helis had a 2 repair and a higher defense people just spammed them. (I've been playing this game for well over a year.) There was almost no need to ever build a tank. Helis were hands down the best unit in the game. In a game v. bugs you could use them to clog up the front lines because the 2 repair rate allowed them to park and heal and bugs have weak options vs. aerial. Most bug v. saps games degenerated into these long strings of dragons facing off against long strings of helis. Helis always won that fight. Utility of the eclipse was limited because you could retreat the heli (over mountains, or water, or a tank blocker if necessary) and be back to full strength in four turns.

Nerfing them restored balance. They are still a great unit but only one piece of the puzzle, which is as it should be. You have to be careful how you use them and not expose them indiscriminately.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

That's what I've been told, and I find that perfectly normal. Good nerf IMO

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
[Avatar]
MuRLoCk

[Avatar]
MuRLoCk

i disagree. have you seen the best unit of all time thread? well, the heli was voted number one. it pwns. its attack is insane and its ability to move away is a GREAT help. and i forget who said it earlier, but i agree, if you kill someone on their base you can move onto it after, preventing em from making units. although, the maurader (forgive the bad spelling...) can do this too.

anyways i think the heli is TOO strong, every time i see one on the battlefield i freak out and hope he goes for my teammate. XD (yes i always play team matches. lol)

you scruffy lookin' nerf herder.

help mr.green take over the world! copy and paste this in your sig to help him gain world domination!!!!
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

MuRLoCk wrote: help mr.green take over the world! copy and paste this in your sig to help him gain world domination!!!!

yay go mr. green!!!
and what race do you play that makes you so freaked out about helis? When I play titans I just make an eclipse and it's all good.

[Avatar]
MuRLoCk

[Avatar]
MuRLoCk

Haha well as any of them. I would only be scared as titans if I didn't have enough for an eclipse... But the heli could take out an underling no problem.

you scruffy lookin' nerf herder.

help mr.green take over the world! copy and paste this in your sig to help him gain world domination!!!!
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

Of course they can take a spyder!!! They have no defense! I usually get scared I helis too

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 09, 2010 19:18

Sorry if i offended you
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

As a titan player, the only thing that I'm scared of are ants...if you don't have enough mechas to cover them, they're gonna start killing some walkers...poor walkers

and I'm only somewhat afraid of engineers, I guess. Their EMP range isn't far enough to do severe damage.

Forum Index » General Discussion