[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Retain Game Records on Web
Forum Index » New Feature Request
IzzI

IzzI

I would like to be able to look at a replay of the games I have played online to review what worked and didn't work and to keep track of which players I'd like to fight/team with again. Sure I could keep notes myself on who I want to come back to but I can't keep a turn by turn replay of the matches. I'm not asking to be able to take turns online just to watch movies of past and current games up to the current point.
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

I second the motion

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 02, 2010 11:58

Sorry if i offended you
Sphink

Sphink

Idk about Saving every game played to the server. That seems like a waste of valueable space. Maybe an option to save it to your device at the end of the game... That way you can pick which ones you want saved and waste the space on your device instead of the server.

Looking at previous moves in the round I believe would be useless... Kinda like looking at past moves of a chess game. But I believe if you wanted this feature it would have to load up the whole replay every time you opened the game... And who knows how long to play through them (takes atleast 2-5 seconds each time I hit the replay button for 1 round to load, let alone 20+)

Replays for this game are really not that usefull in my opinion. On real time strategy games it is very usefull because there is so much going on and you have to work on the timing of your buildings and what-not. However in a turn based strategy game like this I don't think replays are needed at all due to the fact that the game is turn based, so each turn it is either move, attack, heal. I think a few screen shots every few rounds is plenty to get the just of what's going on. And a screen shot of the "battle report" every once in a while to put some numbers on the game... In my opinion.

Good luck, Have fun!

My biased opinions are open-minded.
-Sphink
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Just do like sc2 replays, have the game play it and the replay file is just really a "code" for the game to analyze and make up the replay. In that way the file would go in the KB only, which is cool
Also I agree with sphink not needing any replays, it's a turn based game you have all the time in the world.

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
Solitary

Solitary

Sphink, saying it's useless to look at past moves of a chess game shows that you know very little about chess xD. I think being able to save a log of the moves for a game to your device would be a useful feature, definately not on the server though!
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

I'd be careful what you say Solitary, Sphink is a good player and knows what he's doing, trust me, he's likely to be a bit better than I am

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
Solitary

Solitary

I'm not worried how good he is at this game, I am 100% confident I'd beat him at over the board chess based on what he just said and in terms of quickly advancing your technique I found it very useful in chess to analyse my own games :o. This allows you to check if you had a powerful strategy or if there was a weakness that neither you or your opponent noticed at the time, as opposed to learning only by trial and error (plus a bit of memory).

It's a faster way of reaching a high level and a useful teaching tool as well.

ps. In terms of my own skills at this game we'll see where I end up :p. I am currently 9-1 mostly against players under 1600 ( with one kill against an 1840 player >.< ) and have just passed the 1600 mark xD.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 16, 2010 07:35

[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

I think you misinterpret what he wanted to say...
He's talking about uniwar, not chess, and really you hardly need to watch back UNLESS it's a critical condition that will decide the tide of battle. I've heard him say that he learnt from his mistakes and I think he's saying he has a sufficient memory to retain everything from the game. He never said looking at your own game in chess was useless, they say you need to think a turn ahead of your enemy so if you don't consider your name you might as well abandon now...

Wandering...
Solitary

Solitary

I don't look back mid game but post game I'd quite like to have the option of downloading a file so I can take a look at the game again whenever I want xD.
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

Nicko wrote: I've heard him say that he learnt from his mistakes and I think he's saying he has a sufficient memory to retain everything from the game.

Exacty
What if someone else doesn't have as good a memory
Reviewing your mistake(s) could remind you of what exactly you did wrong.
Or maybe what you did well, too

Sorry if i offended you
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Yeah okay, let's add support for the handicapped and the damn casuals so that they can happily buy the game and be able to understand SOMETHING out of this game.........

.. .

Wandering...
Solitary

Solitary

You've never wanted to take a second look at a really good game you played?
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Not once I won and finished it, or lost it and learnt the mistake I did, like make only garudas against sapiens on a foresty map

Wandering...
Sphink

Sphink

Chess puzzles alone prove you don't need to look at the previous moves to find the best move(s). All your previous turns can mean nothing if you have checkmate in two. If you continue to look at what have been trying to do the past 5 rounds you could miss the obvious checkmate in 3.

I may not be the best chess or uniwar player, and my memory is probably average. I'm sure youvould beat me in chess, and I'm sure I would probably win one too. The fact of the matter is looking at past moves being releviant to what you do on your next turn.

If you let past moves affect your play on your next turn, you are probably missing something. It's called tunnel vision. Your too busy trying to follow through with your plan you might not see some obvious moves.

If you cannot make an analisis of the current situation without looking at the previous moves, then I'm not sure what to tell you. As harsh as it is. Your making a big deal over a differing opinion. You think you need previous moves to help your future play. Good for you! I can look at the current situation, realize that the past moves have no bearing on the current position (because I can't change them) and look for weaknesses in my opponets position, and what I can do to exploit them. In chess and uniwar.

Your way helps you play at your best, my way makes me believe I play at my best.

I was simply stating that this feature request might not be worth the research and development to please an unknown percentage of people... That is all.

Good luck, Have fun!

My biased opinions are open-minded.
-Sphink
Solitary

Solitary

I think we're discussing different ideas here xD. The part of the idea I liked was a downloadable file so you could have a record of a completed game to review afterwards? There's no need mid game to review previous moves as I think keeping track of how many credits your enemy has is something that you should have in your head anyways.

I think being able to go over games and analyse them afterwards, or even just keep them for posterity if you get a win against a high ranked opponent would be something a lot of people would use.
Forum Index » New Feature Request