[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Retain Game Records on Web
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

I got a win against a 2100 player while I was 1950 or so in 6 rounds... I just need to think of it to laugh off it ^^
And I was no genius, he just did a stupid mistake on rocky that let me pown him on rocky, so no point in watching the replay or whatsoever.
Still laughing at it ^^

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
Sphink

Sphink

I'm sorry I guess we look at the game in different ways. For one I havnt played uniwar in quite a few weeks, I've been playing chess as there is quite a bit more strategy involved. (iPhone app "chess.com" if you want to play me, same screen name) but when I was playing I mostly played sapian vs sapian and khralean vs khralean, so there was only two ways to play the game.

Sapians vs sapians: was all about taking advantage of the terrain and positioning of your units. ie. Marines in trees and mountians and in control of a key position, with heli's and marauders behind ready for attack.... Once the battle starts the player with better positioning and unit composition will slowly gain the advantage over time by killing an extra unit then lost on the opponts attack.

So the previous moves are like "opening moves" in a chess game. But with different maps, so in one game (uniwar) you have a strategy for each map which is proven to be strong vs a particular race. The other (chess) is the same map and moving one piece drastically changes the dynamics of the game (each move). Whereas it would take at least 5+ rounds to change the dynamics of a game of uniwar after the first couple rounds.

I know I'm not explaining myself well.

The point is: I would much rather see other aspects of the game IMPROVED then to add a compleatly new idea that wouldn't affect my play in any way. The novilty of being able to review a good game I played a long time ago isn't a good enough reason for me to support this feature...

Good luck, Have fun!

My biased opinions are open-minded.
-Sphink
Solitary

Solitary

The other thing to consider is the effort involved in specific modifications that are requested. For example, ideas which develop the game in the sense you're saying would require considerably more time and effort to implement than just adding a record of the game as a downloadable file. In that sense it's tough to compare features like that with gameplay altering modifications xD. This isn't what I'd say is a top pick for modifications to the game but it's also not a difficult one to program and implement, whereas other changes might never happen for that reason.

The number one feature I'd like to see is a map designer and a way of regularly voting in player designed maps, to keep things fresh.
Sphink

Sphink

I will not argue with you there as I have no research or development knowledge. I was only making an un-educated guess as to what seemed to make sence to me.

But I still think reviewing a game of uniwar for "analisis" would not be very effective as one unit or an extra unit can be a deciding factor in a battle. I know we compare this game to chess, but as for making "game analisis'" for uniwar like people do for chess would be pure theory and could be explaned with a few screenshots of the key positions.

As you may or may not know you can take screenshots of the game and post them in the forums. And if you accompanyed those screenshots with a paragraph explaning your ideas. Then that is all that is needed. No need to save every round of the game in my opinion.

There is so much going on on a chess board and real time strategy games that you almost have to have a replay of the game to catch everything that is going on. Not so much with uniwar, in my opinion.

But whatever helps you become a better player I'm all for. Just because this dosnt effect me dosnt mean it's a bad idea, I'm just saying it dosnt healp me and the reasons why.

On a different note: it would be nice to have a section to upload your screenshots and commentary to demonstrate your ideas, strategys, and theorys. That would be better then replays in my opinion.

Good luck, Have fun!

-Sphink
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

Finally someone who can disagree but doesn't flameeee

Sorry if i offended you
MasonC

MasonC

I no that I am not good at thinking of ideas for uniwar (as Nicko kindly pointed out) but I do no about chess and what made many people better in chess was being able to look at games that much better players played and see how they played you may not be need to look at your games but it may help players and you could post games were people cheated so that people would no to not play that person.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Lol @ Nix and Mason, sorry for flaming, I'm never on a good mood when I go on uniwar forums and discover a "stupid" idea IMO.
But really Mason, not being mean here but your posts are really hard to decipher. Making typos or just grammar mistaked here and there can be comprehensible, and if english isn't your mother tongue, but in the mean time we are with posts by you that hardly mean nothing :s
And yeah thats what replays are for basically. Also I'd rather post some cheaters name rather than making you watch a replay, it's less time consuming

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
[Avatar]
kralux

[Avatar]
kralux

Solitary, this is an option that we will add to the game.
We are already storing all the games in memory on the server and replays will be possible at some point.
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

>:D

Sorry if i offended you
Sphink

Sphink

It would be cool if there was an easy way no make comments on a game. Or maybe a way so you can tag the games you like that you played and you could title it and save it, then other people could look up games you played and try to learn... Idk... Or just keep them for yourself and watch them for fun.

Good luck, Have fun!

-Sphink
[Avatar]
Swarrrm

[Avatar]
Swarrrm

kralux wrote: Solitary, this is an option that we will add to the game.
We are already storing all the games in memory on the server and replays will be possible at some point.

Awesome.
Forum Index » New Feature Request