[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Don’t grow to fast in 8 player maps
Forum Index » Guides & Tips
exile

exile

I am having to learn the hard way in games that I am in. If you snatch up to many bases and grow big early on in the game, even with Fog of war on, you will find people (naturally) will all unite against you, making you go from first to last. I figure that keeping a close second until near the end is the best strategy for 8 player maps.
gopropak

gopropak

Haven't tried an 8 player game yet but I'll keep that in mind!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 12, 2009 20:20

magic molly

magic molly

exile wrote: I am having to learn the hard way in games that I am in. If you snatch up to many bases and grow big early on in the game, even with Fog of war on, you will find people (naturally) will all unite against you, making you go from first to last. I figure that keeping a close second until near the end is the best strategy for 8 player maps.

Also, don't grow unless you can cut out a full area for yourself. All the 8 person games i've ever won were by getting a full band through the centre, and then taking out isolated groups. Also, focus on the smallest player near you first, unless you have some sort of truce from earlier on.
Anonymous

Anonymous
fff
Forum Index » Guides & Tips