[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Skipping players
Forum Index » General Discussion
Solitary

Solitary

I just got a message from some guy I skipped who is about 200 points below me and sent me two random game invites, complaining he wanted to "see how good I was" and that I skipped him because I'm "scared of losing points". I replied saying they were his time controls and when I play someone 200 points higher than me in a rated game I move in a timely fashion. It was round 3 and he didn't notice I skipped him until ten hours after he was due to move (34 hours total). I also told him I didn't know him so I didn't care how good he thought I was .

I personally think it's incredibly rude of him to occupy two of my game slots and not get past round 3 in the first 34 hours of playing, then complain about me skipping him xD. It's not like it was an interesting game where I would have liked to see the result with proper play, all he'd done was make a few marines.

How does everyone else handle skipping players who don't move?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 05, 2010 14:12

Solitary

Solitary

Update: Apparently it's someone I know who wanted to see how good I was, but I don't know that account. Interesting that they'd use a secondary name and not announce themselves to protect their "real" account from my winning streak, whilst accusing me of only caring about points. Probably someone on this site! I'd also guess that not announcing who they were means that even if they take a beating from an annoymous account, no-one but them will even know we played :o.

The only two people I could think it might be would be Sphink or Nixflix, the builds were too weak to be Sphink and I know he's taking a break to play chess. If you combine that with the backwards logic involved in saying I only care about my ranking, whilst playing me from a secondary account 200 points lower ranked than me... I'd say Nixflix.

How did I do?
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

Not Bad.
Although if you were to skip me I may say something (I really don't like being skipped[moreso in rateds than unrated] and I would give you at least a week, or if I knew you close to unlimited...you cAn ask mav, if you ever see him..I gave him a little over 50 days and he just took his turn yesterday)^^oh and I beat this guy ranked 2200 on scramble..and he skipped me two or three times total, he was blue saps and I was red saps and I won..I found that a little funny..I did leave a comment, nothing to mean
I do find it funny though how you see those game invitations as rude...you know they don't occupy game space unless you joined it..right?
If i care about rating...I rarely ever do play rateds on my nixflix, idk why..my separate account Is mainly just for rated games.
But if my score was 1300 I wouldn't act any different than if it was 2300.
And I wouldn't say those things,regardless of the fact that you wouldn't know it was me or (to an extent) if I didnt like you.
But now after typing that, it will probably just make you more suspicious.

-j

And it a little wierd coincidence that you mentioned sphink..him and one other are the only two who know my second account

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 05, 2010 20:02

Sorry if i offended you
Solitary

Solitary

If you said it was you I wouldn't have skipped you, I just don't have a lot of patience for low ranked players who are late for their turns on the 3rd round (on their own time controls xD).
Sphink

Sphink

Lol sounds kinda like me. But me and someone else had an in depth discussion on skipping people so I do not comment (anymore) when my turn is skipped. I forget who it was now. I have a secondary accounts for new strats and just messing around doing stupid stuff, but they have "sphink" in the name ex. "NPM-_-Sphink". I'd send you an invite but I'm prolly a little rusty. But building marines for the first 3 rounds is perfectly acceptable on some maps depending on the match up. Maybe I'll start a few games on my old NPM account and invite you. Will prolly build up my rating first to match yours though.

Edit: just remembered about my GGU-Sphink account! Gotta love the ole clan days... Woulda been fun if people didn't ruin my idea by making fake GGU accounts just to offend me. (probably because I wouldn't let them join)... Sigh... Good times

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 06, 2010 18:21

Good luck, Have fun!

My biased opinions are open-minded.
-Sphink
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Nixflix wrote:
And it a little wierd coincidence that you mentioned sphink..him and one other are the only two who know my second account

Yay! xD
lol nix remember we waited like 100 days for reed to move? good times...good times...

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
Solitary

Solitary

Well, it wasn't just marines but the only non-marine units build did not fill me wiith fear xD. Send me unrrated invite if you like mr Sphink, I've been playing Nicko unrrated for about 5 games now as I'm not that bothered about using people I know for points. I get enough of those from high ranked players trying to farm me because my stats look like I'm a bot killing machine >.<. (gained over 100 points in 4 days from taking down four 2100 players consecutively )
[Avatar]
Martyr

[Avatar]
Martyr

Personnally skipping players to me is what it is, if you cant make the time to get to the game that is being played in time then understand that your will be skipped, However i am not one of those people who will sit around and look at the clock and wait till exactly 00:00:00 to skip a player.

Yes i have also had people complain and say i was to scared to let them play, my honest awnser is "Dont frikin play a game which you can keep to, your wasting my time and space."

I am quite happy to be skipped, if i deserve it however if people do it for the sake of it they should be slapped

Live Life To The Limit|Live Life To The Edge
[Email]
Solitary

Solitary

Exactly, and if you can't even make round 3-4 on time then why bother creating the game with a 24 hour limit. At that stage it's not like there's anything interesting going on to keep the game active for and if you happen to be online when a random low ranked player is out of time, and the game itself is not interesting then there's no reason not to skip. Loads of low ranked players don't log back in again for days at a time xD.
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

If you mean low ranked as in like 1500-1480 then i understand, but other then that I wouldnt think rank would determine whether to skip him or not
But yeah, I usually only make 3 day turn games if I'm making it rated, but sometimes i join 1 day games

Sorry if i offended you
Solitary

Solitary

I'm interested in higher ranked players as I expect a good game out of them! If someone looks weak and misses turns as well then the game itself has less appeal because you expect it to be quite one-sided anyways, even without skipping xD. I accept invites from 1700 ranked players out of politeness only because people accepted my invites when I was the same ranking as them, not because I expect a good game >.<.

I like good games and I don't skip if I'm against a strong opponent and the position is interesting .
[Avatar]
Martyr

[Avatar]
Martyr

I agree ther aswell soli!!!!

However i must admit i have used skipping In the past(Just like to highlight that), when i started to my advantage.

Example: i remember one game i had just started, i had no idea to be honest what was going on, so i was getting owned, however it came round to my turn and i noticed the opposite player had not took his go, s/he had me trapped, skipping s/he would give me a slight advantage.

Looking back on it i think that it was fair on the basis that the person couldnt keep the game going within the time limit.

What you think,

Live Life To The Limit|Live Life To The Edge
[Email]
Solitary

Solitary

I think if you know you're about to beat someone then you should be keen to log in and finish it off. I've never let an important game slip away from me by missing my turn and I've never been up against a strong player who did that either xD.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

The only thing I hate regarding skipping is the dude not replying when you're warning him that you won't be able to play today since you can't get an internet connection. This is just pissing me off and the guy is weak, mostly because I seemed to have the upper hand (IMO).
I also leave my opponents some time before skipping him, and if I tried to dialogue with him and he ignored then I have no mercy. Why would I?

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
Forum Index » General Discussion