[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
New Balance Changes
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

So please discuss what you think are the balance issues that still exist and need to be changed.

---------------------------------------
MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
Solitary

Solitary

Assimilator: as posted in update only without the +1 def.

Swarmer: lower ground heavy attack and cost reduced to 200 credits.

Battery: +2 def.
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

There is a posted update? Where can I find this? I'd like to know what changes are coming to the Assimilator. Thanks!

MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

-> http://www.uniwar.com/forum/posts/list/813.page
But sadly to titan players it doesn't seem this change will go through, and I can understand. Solitary, how can you accept those extreme buffs to the assimilator? Seriously 2 in self-repair and reduce the UV cooldown?? Why not the engineer's EMP? I seriously think that they need a shorter cool-down, because then sapiens won't be able to keep up with titans. It's hard enough as it is...
For the swarmer I dunno, they got a buff before so nerfing them won't really help, and they're kinda the anti-artillery against walkers and batteries so nerfing it there would be troublesome.
Battery +2 def is over hax, but it could really help against the other two races artilleries so this is a good one.

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
Solitary

Solitary

Ninjalings are also anti artillary and also basically anything flying (well anything khral tbh) because of the extreme movement xD. Battery +2 def is to compensate for the larger numbers of UV blasts that will be around and also to give saps better chances of pushing against a turtling titan. I think the swarmer is anti infantry and the cost difference is the key part of the change as khrals have a really clumsy pricing ratio which makes them too slow against saps.

250 as second cheapest unit is baaad, especially as you need to go up to 350 to get anything which can defend!
Solitary

Solitary

And I've never used emp twice with one engineer and even if it was 10 cooldown I probably still never would xD.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

I had multiple occasions where I could've used EMP twice, and make a new engineer everytime you want to EMP is such a pain in the ass...

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
Solitary

Solitary

I don't think 10 turns would be unreasonable for emp as at the moment it basically may as well not have a cooldown, for all the times you'd use it twice. It's not like UV which you can use from a distance, emp you have to basically be right on top of the enemy units for it to work so in those cases there's a high probability that the engineer will die in the resulting combat. UV firing off regularly from in the middle of huge crowd of units will be annoying and ideally we'd want something to counter that but I prefer raising battery def to changing EMP cooldown, as EMP is devastating and UV is just a useful extra resource.

We'll see how it pans out I guess and what kralux actually decides on xD.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 10, 2010 14:31

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

Yeah, I think smash damage should be increased to 2, because most of the time you can't afford to strategically smash an ant for just 1 measly damage anyway because you give up the critical position of your heavy unit.

Another possibility in my mind is to remove buried underling auto healing. You smash an ant and the next turn it sits there and the smashing was pointless. Considering the attack bonus of resurfacing, an ant with 9 and an ant with 10 isn't much different.

MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

main difference between 9 point ant and 10 point ant is that the former can't 1-hit a healthy assimilator as part of a chain attack. so I tend to do the tap dance for that reason. My thought was a random damage between 1 and 2 to make a smaller balance adjustment.
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

actually it still can on occasion even with only 9, and it always can with 9 on any sort of terrain like mountain or forest.

MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

I don't know, I kinda think the ants are sacrificing themselves to kill expensive units and disrupt the enemy position, and for the cost of an ant and the amount of disruption and death it can cause especially to titans, I think Titans should be able to really hurt them underground. Like it has been said before, by the time you assimilate them they are half raped already.

But yeah, maybe 1 to 2 random damage would make it less painful for Khrals. Or a slight buff to an assimilated ant.

MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

I say nay good captain, a unit at X health can do at most X damage to anything, so a 9 point ant can't kill a 10 point assimilator, any more than a vat-grown 9 point Pinzer on metaamphetamines can.

Really I don't think I've played enough at the level necessary to feel confident in a khral/titan tweak. I've won some tough matches where I built walker fort and there was a furious underling siege, with pinzers and swarmers trying to open up holes, and survived, and had some other short matches with strong khral players who pulled me apart pretty easily (it's the losing plasmas to ants that really gets you). upping stomp damage to 2 might be right, but I'd defer to players who have played longer.

Actually when I first played the game and read the rules I assumed buried ants would be immobile, sitting in a trap in the ground waiting for enemy units. Which seemed like a niche thing that could be nice in specific situations. Played quite a few games before realizing the little nasties could *move* down there...
Solitary

Solitary

Lol, a 9 point ant with resurface bonus can easily kill an assimilator waxoid (which was kind of the topic xD).
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

well I'm no top 300 prodigy , so I'll humbly accept the correction. The damage formula sort of says it can't happen though. If you want to post a before and after screen shot of a 9-point ant next to the ashes of a 10 point assimilator that might be more empirically convincing.
Forum Index » General Discussion