[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
New Balance Changes
Forum Index » General Discussion
Solitary

Solitary

Lol, resurface bonus I believe is currently set at +6 xD. Try recalculating .
MasonC

MasonC

why is it then that when I attack a assimilator with my buried underling when it has a health of ten it does 8 damage how does that work?
AND I find that a it seems to only kill the sapiens healer unit when they both have the same defense.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 12, 2010 14:37

Solitary

Solitary

That's just the random factor kicking in, ignore it and play more games xD. Biggest key to success in this game is never back down and if something should get a kill, play as if it will. You can deal with almost kills if they happen but if you assume bad luck before you start then you might as well just not log in to begin with!!!
MasonC

MasonC

even if it happened 3 times in a row? When I kill a sapiens one of them in one go?
Solitary

Solitary

Who cares xD. I get bad luck all the time, when I was playing Nicko I hit an 8 marine on a forest with another 8 marine on a normal tile and mine took 6 while his took 1 >.<.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't do the same again in the same position as I needed to lower the attack of that marine.
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

Solitary – indeed, I'm the one that just posted in the other thread that I tested the pop-up bonus and confirmed it is +6. I'm saying the pop-up bonus could be +100 and units won't do more damage than they have hit points themselves. Roughly, units get a number of 'rolls' to do damage equivalent to their hit points (multiplied then divided by six to reduce the variance, presumably.) It's the chance of a hit that is modified by terrain/gangup/popup etc., in this case it is a 100% chance for our happily popping ant to hit our woefully undefensive and hapless assimilator on each roll. Happy to try to explain it another way if that doesn't work. You can read the formula here: http://www.uniwar.com/forum/posts/list/454.page
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

Actually waxoid is right according to the formula. I think I must have had a slightly damaged assimilator on several occasions and not realized it when it happened, as 9 should be the max if it only has 9 hit points. I still feel, however, that the smash damage should be upped, especially given the fact that a buried underling can just heal with no risk whatsoever.

Really the only thing upped smash damage will do is DELAY the big pop hopefully, and maybe lessen the damage just a bit when it happens. So I'm still all for the 2 smash damage.

---------------------------------------
MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
Solitary

Solitary

I guess you don't really notice that when hitting things that have more than zero def xD. Personally I think upping the smash damage would make basically no difference if that is the case as swarmers are a cheap way of finishing the job anyways. The real issue with ninjalings is having 3 of them killing a tank rather than having one of them kill an assimilator.

The changes proposed already should be more than adequate to help fight off ants, I would think. Titan players on average are complete noobs who never make anything which costs less than 400 credits and then complain about geting swarmed >.<. (that's not all titan players, but it is a lot of them!!!)
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Solitary, that marine bad luck you're talking about isn't bad luck, it's terrain modifier. Not only the forest ups my defense (hence the 1 damage), it ups the ATTACK! That's why it's essential to have marines on forests to act as AA.
What I would call bad luck is an underling and a marine both at 10 hitting themselves, one taking 6 and the only 3. That happened to me once only but it sucked bad

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
Solitary

Solitary

It's bad luck and terrain, lol.

I wasn't expecting equal damage but hitting for 1 was appalling luck xD.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Heh well yeah shit happens.

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
Solitary

Solitary

Yea, that was kind of the point of that post :p. You just suck it up and play on! Some guy earlier hit one of my helicopters for two with a swarmer and then for two with a pinzer afterwards :\. I've managed to even the match up now but I nearly had a fit when I logged in and saw the replay :o.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Extreme luck... twice a row... LOL!

Wandering...
Solitary

Solitary

The helicopter was 10hp to start with as well! I was using it to block the pinzer on a base so he couldn't make anything there and then I had to run away from a garuda afterwards xD.
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

I know what you mean..
Just a few days ago i was playing a game with someone on deadmonk, sapien vs sapien, and three times I risked my helicopter to kill one of his that was going to heal..but his was left with one hp the three times..

Sorry if i offended you
Forum Index » General Discussion