[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Top 300, woo!
Forum Index » General Discussion
Solitary

Solitary

Lol, I think that kind of proves what I said about him rather than disproving it xD. You're low enough that he's confident he can win whereas 1900 is a big loss in points if he loses and high enough to be dangerous in a fight.
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

congrats on the continuing rise Solitary. Per the other thread I want to find the lookup-player-by-name option so I can watch your ascent. (Though, seems like declining ranked play might lose some moral high ground in accusing others of doing that?)

I just got a toe over 1900, still pretty noobish and haven't had time to have more than 1 or 2 games running at a time. After I get done with this latest work trip and through launch I think I'm due to take the time to set something up with some better players, get some better learnin' in and hopefully have my score knocked back down to size. I might invite some of y'all (given that finding good players based on score is dicey), hope you'll accept.
Solitary

Solitary

I accept pretty much any ranked play that's sent my way, just not nfong >.<. I have never played Nicko in rated games but that's fine as that was a standard set from the very first game and not a variable depending on winning odds or how high I was rated at the time. If you're within 300 points of me I'll accept rated games as much lower than that and it becomes barely worth playing rated as it's only about 2-3 points per win xD.

Look forward to crossing swords sometime .
Solitary

Solitary

And feel free to invite me unrated if you just want some practice .
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

He's lost almost half the times to me.
He won a few times
There were around one or two draws.

Sorry if i offended you
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

And 1760 Is an even bigger loss of points, how does that prove wht you siad in any way?

Sorry if i offended you
Solitary

Solitary

Rofl, if that record isn't a lie then he hasn't played you for a long time in rated games. I haven't lost to anyone rated below 1900 in my last 25 games at least and the only reason I don't accept rated game invites from players much below that is because I barely get any points for winning, not because I'm worried about losing.

A 2000 ranked player will in most cases have no fear of losing to a 1700 player but a 1900 player has a much higher skill level on average than a 1700. Thereby you still have the high points loss if you lose and the higher probability of losing due to the skill difference being much less obvious than between you and the 1700 player.

I get that you're sticking up for your friend but he declined me rated, not you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 16, 2010 09:13

[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

I know.
You seem to be quite concerned with points.
Why?

Sorry if i offended you
Solitary

Solitary

Ranking is a way of gauging your own progress, assuming you are taking on players in the same general area as you on the ladder and not playing rigged maps. What's interesting is that you're "not" concerned with ranking. That's another way of saying you're not concerned with how skilled you are at the game or to take it another way, that you're not interested in improving xD.

[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

Youre right, I really don't care about my ranking; I wouldn't care if I was the best player or the worst player; I wouldn't act any different.
And in no way does it say that I don't want to get better...

Sorry if i offended you
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Solitary wrote: What's interesting is that you're "not" concerned with ranking. That's another way of saying you're not concerned with how skilled you are at the game or to take it another way, that you're not interested in improving xD.

How is playing unrated games relevant to the fact that someone isn't interested in improving? Unrated games are a great way to try out new strategies...which classifies as being "interested in improving" to me.

You should play nix, solitary...it would be an interesting matchup...

Oh, and I'm definitely not confident in my ability to beat nix, just to clarify. He's a great player and if he played more rated games he would have a very high rating, imo.
And are you trying to say that you don't think you can beat me? If what you say about me is true, then you should have a relatively easy time in beating me, I would think.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 16, 2010 11:51

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

oops.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 16, 2010 11:48

Solitary

Solitary

Nix already challenged me annonymously and then got annoyed about being skipped when he was late, lol. I used to be really prissy about my rating in games like this but the simple fact of the matter is that the only way you get really good is to go straight for anyone between you and the top, and make the games competative. My play is on average less sound in unrated games because I will log in and make moves when I'm drunk or tired, or I will test out things I haven't tried before.

When you put ranking points on the line most people will play harder xD.

EDIT: And what I'm saying about you is true and you're the one who didn't want two rated games in a row because I was rated lower than you, you made the rules on this one. You can't change them just because I'm 150 points ahead of you now!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 16, 2010 12:08

[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

I didn't make any rules >
I also find the rating system to be quite inaccurate. Just because you're 150 points ahead of me doesn't necessarily make you better than me > Also taking into account your record against me. >
and may I ask how did nix get annoyed? > He doesn't get annoyed often

Solitary

Solitary

He was late for his move and started whining because I skipped him and saying I was only concerned with points. If he wants to take an account I don't recognise which is 200 points lower ranked than me and then be late for his turn on his own time controls, he deserves whatever he gets .

You went unrated when I was lower rated to protect your rating from me and now you want rated because I'm so far ahead of you it won't even dent your score if you lose. It doesn't work that way xD.
Forum Index » General Discussion