[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Uniwar Balance Change
Forum Index » What's New in the Latest Updates
Do you like the new change?
Yes 36% [ 8 ]
No 55% [ 12 ]
Maybe? 9% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 22
Gen Petraeus

Gen Petraeus

Here is what I think. I Love the Sapiens. No... I LOVE THE SAPIENS. They are in my opinion the most fun race; but they are the worst race. I Don't like how you can't counter a Khralean attack (Swarmers) Kudos to crud i forgot his name. Oh M-27? i think that is his name. here is what the balancing issue needs to be put down as- Sapiens get a special move- here are 2 ideas- one, instead of making them a weak unit, which they are- in numbers, their defense goes up 3-4. That would make them able to withstand shots from like a swarmer... or if you don't like that idea, how bout paratroop. Sapiens get a Paratrooper move, kind of like the titans, with teleportation, except they can defend/attack with a reduced attack/defense for lets say 1-2 turns. And change the marauder maybe, although i do like the marauder- maybe give the tank the ability to attack air units? i dont know, but the balance needs to happen with marines, and their special move, and the point of having a unit like titans and khraleans- a unit that can shoot from 2 spaces away. However, i do like the marauder and its ability to be able to move 12 spaces on open ground to attack from way far away... so maybe armor that more?

Why is it that people suck sometimes?
It's a question I ask myself sometimes. My answer??? "It's Life noob! Get on with it!"
zalcore

zalcore

Oh... you again... Great...

As I said before the marauder does not need a buff, I repeat, THE MARAUDER DOES NOT NEED TO BE CHANGED.
And swarmers being uncounterable? A helicopter can take out 2 swarmers, and weaken a third by itself for the same cost, Swarmers are there to counter Marines, which just got hit by the nerf-stick, Garudas were meant to counter Helicopters. Vice-versa for the Sapien units. If you give the marine an extra 3-4 armor (lol?) the swarmer will do 3 damage to it and none when the marine is on mountain terrain. It would be able to take 2 of any of the other infantry units by its self and could no longer be killed in 1 turn by the marauder. Wait, forget that, it would be as powerful as a speeder for 150 credits less, that is simply a terrible... terrible... terrible... awful... horrible idea. If you can't counter swarmers you're playing the game wrong.

'Nuff said
kthxbai

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 31, 2010 10:49

Why isn't my name CAPITALIZED? As always the world is out to get me...
[WWW]
Solitary

Solitary

Swarmers if anything are underpowered against saps because they're so easy to kill, you rarely get 250 credits worth of kills out of them.
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Solitary wrote: Swarmers if anything are underpowered against saps because they're so easy to kill, you rarely get 250 credits worth of kills out of them.

Yeah. The only way to get good productivity with them is to mass them (like around 20) and then rush.

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
zalcore

zalcore

And against sapiens, that shouldn't happen, except for high resource maps like Thermoplya (The dreaded), but mass helicopter deals with it quite nicely.

Why isn't my name CAPITALIZED? As always the world is out to get me...
[WWW]
Solitary

Solitary

Or if you have maybe only one swarmer sniping at weakened marines from behind the front line it works quite nicely as well but you'll never get good value out of them if you mass them xD. Personally I'd like to see swarmer cheaper or with better ground light attack as there's so much terrain on every single map that they don't really do anything atm, I hit a marine for 4 damage the other day with a swarmer. With results like that coming in because of terrain you may as well just make ants to deal with marines in most cases, as at least when they get mowed down by helicopters you haven't lost a fortune in credits as well :o.
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

I just noticed the in-game info section hasn't updated this update information. I just had a marine stolen by an infestor because I thought, "he can't go over forest and plains to get me," and i checked the info section just to verify that infestor mobility was 6. Then the next turn, BAM!!! infected marine! I was like, what the... OH YEAH, the update!!! hahaha

I still won the game of course, because I am soooo bad.

---------------------------------------
MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

Well I don't know what's going on with the update, but I am ALL FOR the increased Infector movement. I think this, in addition to ranged plague, would be great (ranged only available for use if the Infector hasn't moved yet.) As a 300 cost special unit, it should be the best. (aside from its healing) Also, the buff is deserved since something must be done to nerf mass marines against Krahls.

The more I play as Krahls against Saps the more I sort of think that the nerf to 3 air attack is actually a good thing. Really, right now there is almost NEVER a time when you should not attack a swarmer or garuda with a marine if the chance arises, even if you have to enter unfavorable terrain to do it in many cases. When I play as Saps vs. Krahls I can just mass marines and own.

I think it has a bit to do with the fact that underlings cannot attack air, which is fine, as long as something else is done to help Krahls with anti-air. As it is, they have nothing other than their own air, which is ripped up by marines. Krahls have snakes, but you can't mass snakes like you can helicopters. (you can, but it is far more vulnerable and expensive. not the best strategy)

In the interim while something is figured out, I think they should at least buff the Infector as stated. I'm also warming up to the idea of a 200 credit swarmer with less ground heavy attack power.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 04, 2010 09:44

MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
Gen Petraeus

Gen Petraeus

Yea I WANT THEM TO BRING BACK EMP ON DA GO! no i could imagine those poor Titan players getting owned with that... yea no the other idea sounded pretty good with the armour piercing bullet, only that it might have a 1 range, and give 2 damage to anything: it would have a recharge of 5-6 turns, and that it could be activated on the run but only have the 1 range. Get what I am saying? so the marines wouldn't be an AUTO win but they could counter some things built by other races.

EDIT: however, then that would have an outwardly BAD effect as a bunch of damaged marines could destroy a tank... Yea there seems to be no end to the balance issues... Maybe make engineer EMP a targeted EMP? Make it a 1-6 range, (yes 6 range) for choosing which place to EMP? like so that if u have captured mechas, the emp could reach farther and affect less units but have a farther reach? Get what I am saying? of course this couldn't be on the go; ok it could be on the go, just having only the 1 range like the infector's plague power...

I am trying to figure out how to illustrate...

o o
o O o On the move EMP... Targeted EMP: O o o o o o o
o o

So instead of something like that it could have a BIG reach or, well a close reach... You guys do get what I am saying right?

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Dec 23, 2010 13:18

It's a question I ask myself sometimes. My answer??? "It's Life noob! Get on with it!"
Gen Petraeus

Gen Petraeus

What I am trying to say would be that it could effect Titan units from the safe confines of maybe behind a tank or something; and It wouldn't be a straight line its just for the ability to disable those pesky walkers or tanks... AND... IT wouldn't be so powerful that you couldn't do anything about it... after all, its just for 1 turn and the EMP has to charge again for 11 turns I think?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 23, 2010 13:19

Gen Petraeus

Gen Petraeus

No that is not what I am saying. I play as khraleans and I take out a bunch of swarmers sometimes. The swarmer is very overpowered. He had 3 helis and I had 6 swarmers and 1 Garuda. I took him on with a wave of them and made him take 3 damage for 2. He damaged 3 of my swarmers with I think 5 damage with the 7'a and he damaged another with 8 with the full heli. I know these things are about support but sometimes the marauder cannot help: neither marines. On maps like peninsulas or rocky maps, where they cannot support quickly or you know. A swarmer does 1 maybe 2 damage everytime it hits a heli. It's cheap when u cannot counter a WAVE of them: I have gone up against waves of swarmers and lost. Even with repairing and weakening the swarm as a whole. I say again, they are overpowered. I don't have a problem with it as much because it has not happened to me as much I just think that it's cheap and I would like something changed about the sapiens lack of a 2 range unit. Yes the marauder is good om open maps, but I want something that is all around. I agree the marauder has it's advantages but it's has SEVERE DISADVANTAGES. I mean at least make an Aerial unit? The sapiens are seriously well, lacking support: you cannot just rely on expensive units to try and defeat an enemy. Now i have a different style of play than someone else but I still can win pretty well and effectively win against different players. I mean think about it; try playing with how I am talking about and they are landlocked. They cannot defend, and because of a lack of support on some maps they suck. Those are just my thoughts. YES, I know that is the point of maps, but something needs to be done... Maybe making the tank able to fight against aerial targets? Like an antiswarmer unit?

Gen Petraeus

Gen Petraeus

Ok one other thing. Yes I know it's my rant on sapiens being balanced and all, but I have an argument about the swarmer being UNDERPOWERED. ?????? Ever heard of an infector unit? And covering fire? If a couple of swarmers get damaged, and you have like... 4-5 of them? Put 3 in front as a wall and repair. They are OVERPOWERED. All I ask is they make the swarmer or maybe figure out something with maybe a heavy unit, like the tank doing 2-3 damage to the swarmer each time it attacks. Not changing the swarmer and giving the tank a WEAK aerial capability... This is my reason for the tank aerial capability...
The thing about your addition nfong? Mass them until you have a lot? Or you can take a 3 or 4 garudas, put 3-4 swarmers behind the garudas and you have an OVERPOWERED unit moving forward. Did I mention the Infectors? Yea that is why there needs to be something done about this problem.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 31, 2010 21:30

[Avatar]

[Avatar]

Thanks for the picture in your post descrpition nfong, I needed one of all sapien units and the zoomed in marine is an added bonus, best pic I've seen yet. Cheers

I DO COCAAAIIINNNEEE!!1!11!1
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

I think marine still strong against kharlean.
But it's nearly useless against titan.
Plus its profile when compare with mecha, marine is obviously the worse soldier.
They are same price, then their profile should be comparable.
I think increase marine ground heavy attack from 3 to 4 can be a little help against titan.
It will have the same ground heavy's attack strength as marauder.
Then it can do 1-2hp damage to plasma tank only when they gang-up or attack from good terrain.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 11, 2012 02:38

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

StarryBlink wrote: I think marine still strong against kharlean.
But it's nearly useless against titan.
Plus its profile when compare with mecha, marine is obviously the worse soldier.
They are same price, then their profile should be comparable.
I think increase marine ground heavy attack from 3 to 4 can be a little help against titan.
It will have the same ground heavy's attack strength as marauder.
Then it can do 1-2hp damage to plasma tank only when they gang-up or attack from good terrain.

Marines are not useless against Titans, it's just that their use is strategic. They are more of a meat shield and overwhelming force. Use them to set up gang-up attacks to destroy and weaken expensive Titan units. Also use them to overwhelm and rush titans, as they cannot steal them. Marines also make great defensive blocks (sacrificial) when Titans are pressing with an advantage. Generally this is how to use the infantry units for all races

They aren't killers, they are pawns. (but sometimes even a pawn will bring in the king or queen hehe)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 11, 2012 10:21

MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
Forum Index » What's New in the Latest Updates