[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Solitary changes race!!!
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

zalcore wrote:
  nfong wrote: Good thing I totally demolished you in that game! I was going to show no mercy!

Shh, you cheated... somehow xD I'll figure out how at some point in time, but I'm too lazy... I CANNOT BE BEAT BY A MERE NFONG!

meh. The only cheating I did was stopping your ants from burying...that's called pro nfong haxor!

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
Hachiman

Hachiman

In the attempt to put his theories into practice Solitary just got owned on Dead Monk by yours truly, suffering 10:1 losses before surrendering in round 8.

Cue litany of excuses (map wasn't fair, it was 'close' therefore he's right, he doesn't know how to play Khrals 'yet', apparently the patch doesn't help Khrals on small maps, the weather pattern was wrong, dog ate his homework etc). All pretty comical.

My advice is not to presume to lecture the devs of a great game on race balance, until you know how to play the race you are lecturing about. Which (by his own admission) Solitary doesn't with Khrals 'yet'.

Hachiman

Hachiman

P.S. For the record, the reason I use an alt account is because originally I was going to have one serious account where I cared about rating, and one where I played just for fun, even if I knew it was an unfair setup and I'd lose for sure.

Then I realised I don't really care about rating, so I stopped using this 'serious' account, and don't really use it to play at the moment.
MasonC

MasonC

I did a quick check and scramble now does not look as wining for blue sapiens vs red krals because of that one less AA it was only a very quick check and I am not a great player but it may be not be a forced win for sapien any more.
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Jeez louise guys, stop fighting. (Hachiman and Solitary)
@Solitary: Don't accuse people until you know they suck xD
@Hachiman:
  Hachiman wrote:
In the attempt to put his theories into practice Solitary just got owned on Dead Monk by yours truly, suffering 10:1 losses before surrendering in round 8.

Cue litany of excuses (map wasn't fair, it was 'close' therefore he's right, he doesn't know how to play Khrals 'yet', apparently the patch doesn't help Khrals on small maps, the weather pattern was wrong, dog ate his homework etc). All pretty comical.

My advice is not to presume to lecture the devs of a great game on race balance, until you know how to play the race you are lecturing about. Which (by his own admission) Solitary doesn't with Khrals 'yet'.

What's with all the quotes??? And your sarcasm sucks.

Solitary

Solitary

Your 1hp helicopter which escaped would have had zero hitpoints in another game, that's not an owning lol. Nfong won his first couple of games against me without shutting me up and results wise you proved nothing other than I'm not as experienced with khral as I am with saps. If that heli had gone down you'd be posting the exact opposite now of what you're typing here? :o

I'm not the only player who doesn't think those changes are balanced and you'll be coming back in a month when I'm practiced with khral .

EDIT: And as a side note I trialed that sequence you played four times before I played my turn and saps came out behind every single time but combat luck being what it is, you only need one lucky result.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 01, 2010 22:09

Hachiman

Hachiman

Solitary, it's possible the recent balance changes will turn out to be ill informed. It's certain your opinion on them is.

If you had have killed that Helicopter, you just would have lost by a less hilarious margin.

And trialing your moves multiple times before you make them is a bit pathetic.

I don't have anything else to say here, so expect no further responses.
Solitary

Solitary

If that helicopter had taken two damage from the wyrm as statistically it was likely to then you would have been behind when the garuda finished it off. Wyrm rush is a borderline build but it's required on dead monk because it's a sapien map and you need something offbeat to create winning chances, rather than gradual defeat. Nicko said he went up to 2000 ranked as khral without winning a single game on dead monk against saps and I believe he's better with khral than I am. I certainly believe there's not enough of a difference between us as players to justify the horrific defeats he had on that map when I was only ranked 1700 and something with less than 50 games played.

Trialing moves multiple times before I make them is what makes me a better player than you are, and is the reason I've been posting up strategy guides and specific builds and generally trying out set strategies to gauge objective strengths and weaknesses of each race. If you don't test things out then you're just guessing, which I suppose is why you don't tend to make any sense when you post your opinions xD.

[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Solitary wrote: If that helicopter had taken two damage from the wyrm as statistically it was likely to then you would have been behind when the garuda finished it off. Wyrm rush is a borderline build but it's required on dead monk because it's a sapien map and you need something offbeat to create winning chances, rather than gradual defeat. Nicko said he went up to 2000 ranked as khral without winning a single game on dead monk against saps and I believe he's better with khral than I am. I certainly believe there's not enough of a difference between us as players to justify the horrific defeats he had on that map when I was only ranked 1700 and something with less than 50 games played.

Trialing moves multiple times before I make them is what makes me a better player than you are, and is the reason I've been posting up strategy guides and specific builds and generally trying out set strategies to gauge objective strengths and weaknesses of each race. If you don't test things out then you're just guessing, which I suppose is why you don't tend to make any sense when you post your opinions xD.

Yeah, I trial my moves, too, except in my head xD It helps alot, but it also gets me frustrated like when my 10 walker only does 7 damage to a battery My 2 UVs are all lined up, and I just fall short.

Guessing from what I'm hearing, maybe that one heli could've changed the game's end result...Killing that one heli solitary mentioned might've been a big momentum shift...but I dunno since I can't see the game

Hachiman

Hachiman

I shouldn't bite again, but I will.

Solitary wrote: If that helicopter had taken two damage from the wyrm as statistically it was likely to then you would have been behind when the garuda finished it off.

It wouldn't have changed the result. That Helicopter didn't deal any further damage in the game. If it died, you still would have been down 1000 to 600, at best.

Solitary wrote: Wyrm rush is a borderline build but it's required on dead monk because it's a sapien map and you need something offbeat to create winning chances, rather than gradual defeat. Nicko said he went up to 2000 ranked as khral without winning a single game on dead monk against saps and I believe he's better with khral than I am. I certainly believe there's not enough of a difference between us as players to justify the horrific defeats he had on that map when I was only ranked 1700 and something with less than 50 games played.

It's not "a sapien map". It just has a little bit of forest in the middle. If that's enough to unbalance a map, then the match up is unbalanced. Up until now Sapiens have been OP vs Khrals. That's what the recent patch (that you are arguing against!) is aimed at addressing. How well we'll see, but your example just makes my point.

Solitary wrote:Trialing moves multiple times before I make them is what makes me a better player than you are, and is the reason I've been posting up strategy guides and specific builds and generally trying out set strategies to gauge objective strengths and weaknesses of each race. If you don't test things out then you're just guessing, which I suppose is why you don't tend to make any sense when you post your opinions xD.

The ability to calculate the likely outcome of various attacks in my head is what allows me to trounce you, easily. Say whatever you like, in practice you're proved wrong, and an inferior player. Regardless of any lame little tactics you use to try to gain an unfair advantage, you still lose. Does that make sense?

Dial down the arrogance, stop insulting people and accept defeats graciously, and perhaps you won't get beat down quite so bad.
MasonC

MasonC

I think that now krals and saps are closer then before I think there are two possibly ideas back down or make the sapiens vs titans closer and krals vs titans so that it is all evened out.
Both are fine by me but if your to even the other match ups do it fast please.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 02, 2010 20:58

Solitary

Solitary

Is that what you call "calculating" in your head? I didn't at any stage here take losing the match ungraciously but dancing around like a three year old when you actually played innaccurately and got a bit lucky with an important combat sequence reflects a lot on how you view the game. For example, citing a 10:1 kill ratio when there were only actually 4 units built in the entire game and you had two of them at 1hp at some point in the game doesn't really in a way reflect a "trouncing".
Solitary

Solitary

Or to put my opinions of you another way, since I appeared on the site then forum activity has gone up 4-5 times as has contributions with strategy guides and general interest in the game. I outranked you within weeks of buying the game from taking on any matchup whether I thought it was tilted against me or not, because I'm playing this game to improve.

All you do is watch everyone else talk on the forums and once a month you'll post up a contraversial sentence or two and pout, because you want some attention as well.

MasonC

MasonC

Can this please be the last round of Solitary vs hachiman this thread is turning into a mass flame battle.
Hachiman

Hachiman

I'll tell you what Solitary,

How about we both dial down the animosity and in future discuss things like gentlemen? Deal? Apologies if I was harsh with you.

Much as I enjoy a good argument, I'm not really interested in personal spats.

Forum Index » General Discussion