[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Requesting 3 Features, mainly for offline users.
Forum Index » New Feature Request
DelnarErsike

DelnarErsike

• UniWar should allow local multiplayer over WiFi and/or Bluetooth, preferably Bluetooth. If you can set up a multiplayer "hotseat" game, why not a local one? I hate having to set up hotseat games with people who also have UniWar, but don't have a data or WiFi connection.
  • UniWar should allow for more than two players for local games. A couple of the 19 or so maps currently available for offline play are four player maps, and it seems weird not to be able to play them with four players.
  • UniWar should have more maps available for offline play. Seriously, when playing online, there are currently 55 maps available, while if you play hotseat multiplayer or against the AI, there are only 19.

• I know almost everyone on the forums regularly plays online, but people should realize that not everyone has a data plan to play online all the time, and that sometimes, playing local multiplayer can be a lot more fun than playing online multiplayer (for starters, you can actually punch the other guy if he/she starts spamming Underlings).
    Solitary

Solitary

Agree about the maps as it's useful to have vs options on maps so you can develop builds without logging in. Rest of it, not so bothered as a lot of networks you can get a massive data plan for £5 a month and most phones which work with uniwar can be used on wireless networks as well.
    DelnarErsike

DelnarErsike

Solitary wrote: Agree about the maps as it's useful to have vs options on maps so you can develop builds without logging in. Rest of it, not so bothered as a lot of networks you can get a massive data plan for £5 a month and most phones which work with uniwar can be used on wireless networks as well.

Sadly, data plans aren't so cheap in all areas of the world. For example, where I live, the cheapest data plan would run me the equivalent of £10 a month, and that plan has a 1GB cap, which I consider is far from "massive".

Second, why should I be forced to get a data plan just so my friends and I can play UniWar multiplayer on separate phones? We all bought the game, yet we all also have to get a data plan or be tied down to a WiFi network just so we don't have to pass our phones to each other all the time? Why can't we use the peer-to-peer networking interface that comes standard on every phone and whose usage is totally free? Is it so outlandish that even among smartphone users, not everyone wants to (in some cases even, cannot afford to) have a data plan?
    Solitary

Solitary

If you can afford a smart phone you can afford a data plan as well xD. What you're saying there as a cost suggests to me you're not swapping around or threatening to leave your current network, it's amazing what they say when you do that .
    DelnarErsike

DelnarErsike

Solitary wrote: If you can afford a smart phone you can afford a data plan as well xD. What you're saying there as a cost suggests to me you're not swapping around or threatening to leave your current network, it's amazing what they say when you do that .

The point of entry for a smartphone is becoming lower and lower: you can get a phone that is capable of running UniWar unlocked without a contract for about £100 (AFAIK, Android 1.6 devices are capable of running UniWar). And sadly, while you might get a discount on your data plan if you threaten to leave your network in the UK, where I live, the phone rep will laugh at you and say something like, "Good luck finding a lower priced data plan, sucker, you'll need it!". So people only have two choices: either pay twice as much for a service half as good as in other countries, or not get a data plan at all (my case). Plus some people just don't feel the need to get a data plan (these are almost all of my friends' cases), and spending £10 a month just to be able to play local games of UniWar is ludicrous.
    And I haven't even mentioned how Bluetooth multiplayer would allow for local multiplayer even in areas of little or no cellular coverage (or a place where the data connection is as slow as molasses).
    Solitary

Solitary

In the UK where I live also, I get unlimited data (capped at 500 meg fair usage policy), 300 cross network minutes, 1000 texts a month and free same network calls for £20 a month and I got a smart phone as part of the contract. If you're buying your smart phone seperately you are wasting your money as that's five months of your contract right there, before you even start using the phone xD.
    DelnarErsike

DelnarErsike

Solitary wrote: In the UK where I live also, I get unlimited data (capped at 500 meg fair usage policy), 300 cross network minutes, 1000 texts a month and free same network calls for £20 a month and I got a smart phone as part of the contract. If you're buying your smart phone seperately you are wasting your money as that's five months of your contract right there, before you even start using the phone xD.

Note, I don't live in the UK, all the prices I said were basically converted from the local currency to pound sterling using the current exchange rate. Let's just say companies and consumers think differently in the UK than in many Eastern European countries.

I'll sum up my main arguments for bluetooth multiplayer, presuming everyone in the world who has UniWar also has a data plan: bluetooth multiplayer is faster to set up in local circles (one person hosts, the rest scan, they pair up and it's ready to go), it doesn't put a strain on UniWar servers, you could see everyone's moves live instead of waiting for the turn to end before being able to see them (because the devices would be able to sync continuously without straining servers), local multiplayer would be available in areas with no coverage, and bluetooth multiplayer won't use up data, so you don't have to worry about using up too much of your monthly bandwidth simply by playing locally.
    Hiraga

Hiraga

ah, i actually want tomake suggestion for bluetooth or local wifi client-server... but looks like already exist thread that suggest that

i on.... i't really cool if i want play with my nearby friend without online... because internet on my side is unreliable..... [usually get network error]
    [Avatar]
    wumbodin

[Avatar]
    wumbodin

Hiraga wrote:ah, i actually want tomake suggestion for bluetooth or local wifi client-server... but looks like already exist thread that suggest that

i on.... i't really cool if i want play with my nearby friend without online... because internet on my side is unreliable..... [usually get network error]

You realise that this thread is 7 years ago right.

I wumbo. You wumbo. He- she- me... wumbo. Wumbo; Wumboing; We'll have thee wumbo; Wumborama; Wumbology; the study of Wumbo. It's first grade, dude
    Hiraga

Hiraga

wumbodin wrote:
      Hiraga wrote:ah, i actually want tomake suggestion for bluetooth or local wifi client-server... but looks like already exist thread that suggest that

You realise that this thread is 7 years ago right.

yeah, but no response..... rejected or approved

because like that, i will do some thing like "sundul gan!" kekeke....

sorry late...
    btw, there is no notif when someone quoting me in forum......

or already exist thread that disscuss about this?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 23, 2017 04:21

Forum Index » New Feature Request