[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Balance Changes... And The Topic of BALANCING THE SAPIENS.
Forum Index » What's New in the Latest Updates
Gen Petraeus

Gen Petraeus

I love the sapien race. If you have played me, I probably have used the sapiens. They are, in a way, the best race... IF. AND THIS IS A BIG IF... you can build a bunch of tanks- and helis against the Titans... Helis and Batteries against the Khraleans.
The Marauder utterly sucks, it can't compete with the other units of its class (like the titan speeder, or the Khralean Swarmer) The only thing its good for is preventing another player from capping a base, like on X-Island. There needs to be a change, maybe change the marauder from a 2 action unit to a unit that can actually COMPETE. Maybe change that unit entirely; make an infantry unit, titled Javelin trooper, or Missile Trooper, that is Ground Heavy, and can shoot a Rocket with the range of 1-2. Because then it would make things a hell of a lot better- you could make it balanced like this-
Ground Light 6-8
Ground Heavy 6
Aerial 6-9
Aquatic 3

Defense Strength 6-7

Make it similar to the Other races units of that class, and bring the price of it up to like... 300, kind of make it like the Titan Eclipse, maybe less expensive... I don't know.

Earlier I mentioned the Speeder- its cost is 250, and is similar to the marauder, but is better than the marauder because I believe the Devs made it S. beats K. K. Beats T. T. beats S. But all of these assumptions are wrong because of these really gay swarms of units that are overpowering the sapiens. On the titan side, i understand, but what i dont understand is the ability of a bunch of swarmers being able to overpower naval units. I had like 6-8 naval units, and got owned by like 25 of them. Their naval unit may be good, but it isnt that good, especially with that swarm. They need to make the Khralean swarmer weaker, not too weak because that would create an uproar on the forums, but a unit with like... lest say:
Ground Light 4-5
Ground Heavy 4-5
Aerial 3
Aquatic 4-5

Defense Strength 6-7

The swarmer is much more balanced in this way to the other races, and it balances real well I think. The Titans? Well, I have no problem with them, just the fact that Sapiens are the "countering" race, and they can't do anything about the swarm. With Titans, there is a chance for victory for the Sapiens, but it involves a bunch of tanks and Helis, and that takes time to create. For the Khraleans, it takes almost NO time, so weaken the Swarmer, please.

Why is it that people suck sometimes?
It's a question I ask myself sometimes. My answer??? "It's Life noob! Get on with it!"
Gen Petraeus

Gen Petraeus

Another thing about the Sapiens that needs to be done is make the Marines Stronger- Yes. The Marine Utterly sucks because it cannot penetrate defense like other units can. unlike the Mecha or the Underling, it cannot appear behind an army and beat the crap out of it, or teleport and then be able to attack with a pretty powerful attack. No, the sapien is nothing but MEAT, and SUCKS AGAINST ALL UNITS, unless you are dealing with aerial units. But I hear that there is a Change to that balance, making MEchas more powerful and Marines Less Powerful. WHY!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??! I wanted to say that the devs did a good job with the first "edition" of Uniwar, just those couple of quirks. But now I want to say " ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND!?" I know. I didn't create the game... but at least you could do something about the Marine- I said that you could use Paratroop Ability, where you can go anywhere on a map that is visible, kind of like the Titans, and attack with a reduced attack/defense. I also suggested maybe making them more defense oriented; because Sapiens have a good offense... if you can build enough units and break through the swarm or the the inpenetrable defense of the Titans...

If any of you have played Halo Reach, there is something called Armor Lock. This makes you invincible for a short amount of time... Im not saying make a unit that can be invincible for a short amount of time, I'm saying that if you have a line of them, and there are swarmers coming, you can enable a special ability, that has to recharge for 5-6 turns, that can make the marine stronger, and able to withstand a swarmer's attack- like isn't the damage from a ranged attack on a Swarmer to a Marine 6-8 points? yea, you lower that to maybe 1-2 damage, and make them able to take those swarmers, or heavy units like pinzers or plasmas, although plasmas would still be very strong and the marines wouldn't do anything... and make it more balanced that way... then you wouldn't need to you know, make up a new unit...

These are just ideas. Some of these games on the iPhone/iTouch are very good starts, but the developers NEVER follow up! They just make a great game worse. Hopefully you guys are different, and actually care! I love developers that care. I have recommended your game on Facebook to many of my friends, and some of them like it the way it is, although most of them ALWAYS play as Khraleans because of their Swarm ability. It is too powerful, and you NEED TO weaken the swarmer. Please.

It's a question I ask myself sometimes. My answer??? "It's Life noob! Get on with it!"
Gen Petraeus

Gen Petraeus

All I am asking is you create a mandatory update, considering all of these options. I'm not saying create a race that can't be beaten by the race that its countering... I'm just saying do something that can at least weaken its chances to win against them. Because Titans Vs Sapiens? That matchup counters well, there is really nothing i have to say about that topic, but for the Khraleans vs Sapiens? You need to do some work on that balance and matchup. Because Sapiens have nothing to show for them when they come swarming toward you. I hope people comment and post on my thoughts; anyone have any other good thoughts about the game? about balancing the Sapiens?

Hope this was helpful what do you think?

Gen Petraeus

Gen Petraeus

Oh and the armor it lasts until the Swarmers attack, then when the swarmers/ any units that are SWARMING toward you attack, this "armor lock" lasts for one turn- the defense of those units attacking, and when you are counterattacking. Then it goes away. The recharge time could be upped, and there should be a limit to what armor lock can do... like an artillery blast wouldn't disrupt the armor lock, for the rest of the marines, but would still like damage it horribly... maybe move it off the line or something... maybe weaken the effect that the artillery has on that particular unit... but it would balance things more and you know...

[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

Oh my
Clearly you favor sapiens. (I know you already said that)
The maruader doesn't suck. An artillery costs 50 more credits than a helicopter, but a helicopter can easily kill an artillery in two hits. Should we give the artillery five defense points?
No, maybe you should try using the artilleries range, so it can hit safely from a distance, you know, use its ability to your advantage.
Same with marauder. The marauder may lose if it and a speeder just started attacking each other, but this is because the maruader has other advantadges. And the Maruader fares pretty well agaisnt a swarmer...
Oh, and your sapien vs titans strategy sounds horrible. Very bad.
I don't believe the swarmers are the problem..
Sapiens vs kharleans is just, for now,(i hope) unbalanced, favoring the khraleans, but not too much.
Okay good your first good idea. The marine should be given a special ability or boosted back up to how it previously was to better even out s Vs k
But the update did not make mechas anymore powerful..whered you here that from...
And the update also didn't make marines completely suck, they just aren't as good. Two marines on mountains will still do pretty good damage to a swarmer, yes? I havent tried sicne the update though but I would think they sill do pretty good..
Dont bring halo reach into this..they're two completely different games...
This "marine armor lock" idea of yours is just..um, I'll just go with horrible..
Are you trying to balance SvK or completely give sapiens the advantage so even a noob like you can fare against these "unstoppable swarmers"?
The developers here have not just made this game worse from day one, they have made many improvements and yes, some mistakes that I'm sure they will work out in the end.
Any other good thoughts about balancing sapeins? Zalcore had thought of a marine ability that actually makes sense, I think he may have posted it somewhere one this forum..
Um no this wasn't helpful, not in the slightest.
Sorry, I tried to be nice but some of those ideas..

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 30, 2010 22:45

Sorry if i offended you
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

General Petraeus, while I appreciate everything you did in Iraq, I must respectfully DISAGREE with everything you say here. Maurauders are GREAT units when used appropriately. They can literally get everywhere and surprise opponents. Once you get used to their two moves, you can literally get around zone of control areas and hit weaker units behind the front lines. Some of your strategies are a kinda off, and I recommend you keep playing and trying things out. I read your other post about upping marine defense by 3-4 was it? WOW! I recommend studying the battle formula given in another thread in these forums and getting a good understanding of it. Anyway, thanks for sharing your ideas, though. Keep playing!!! It's good to see you are involved in the game as there aren't a whole lot of posters in this community.

---------------------------------------
MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
zalcore

zalcore

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.... that is the only way to respond to you saying that "the marauder is weak".
1: It is the only unit that can kill an infantry unit in 1 turn
2: It is the only unit that can heal and then attack or vice versa
3: It can move past the zone of control of most units
4: It can move farther than any other unit in the game in 1 turn
5: It fairs well against air units (2 damage to a helicopter)
6: I'm not sure on this, but I think it is effected by the gang-up bonus of its first attack.

Don't tell me the marauder is weak, it's probably the BEST unit that costs 250, you just don't know how to use it. Learn how to play the game before you QQ.

Armor lock, this idea could potentially work... and imbalance the game. The idea isn't a bad one, but there would be a lot of things that would have to be done so that it wouldn't be OP, things I don't think you'd like. The marine wouldn't be able to attack in this Armor Lock state. The enemy would be able to tell that Armor Lock had been activated. This would make it... useless... but otherwise it would be imbalanced, though from the looks of it, I think you want that.

If you think that TvS is balanced... not really, and helicopters against titans? No. Just... no. Not in mass. An Eclipse can take down multiple helicopters before it dies, their damage against Plasma Tanks isn't very good. The only use I can see for them is one or two to use their attack after move ability to get passed the plasma barricade to attack the Walkers. This would only work if they had no Eclipses, and even then, it would be all that effective. Again learn the mechanics of the game, what works, what doesn't.

And losing a battle between 25 Swarmers and 8 Destroyers, you have the higher move speed/vision so you should've attacked first, taking out (Weakening to 2 health) 8 Swarmers. It takes 6-7 Swarmers to kill a Destroyer 2 of which will be near death, so it would be 6 Destroyers vs 13 Swarmers. In the end you would win with 4-5 Destroyers left, all slightly weakened (7-10 health). I'm guessing you failed at attacking first and retreated after you were attacked the first time...

The current thread for the recent changes can be found here (Uniwar Forum> What's New in the Latest Updates > Uniwar Balance Change) where thoughts on a marine ability can be found, along with discussion on the marine nerf and further balancing.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 31, 2010 09:13

Why isn't my name CAPITALIZED? As always the world is out to get me...
[WWW]
zalcore

zalcore

And if anyone know how to make links to threads on this forum please tell me, I'm still a noob to forums... I would've put one in in that parenthesis if I knew how to...

[WWW]
Solitary

Solitary

Learn how to play before you suggest balance changes, thanks .
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

This is the thread.
Zalcore, you can just copy and paste the URL into our post
Or you can hit the URL button on little window that also has the font size and color etc, and if you look in the little white bar right above where you type your post in, it will tell you how to post a link...if I didnt explain it well then let me know

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 31, 2010 10:09

Sorry if i offended you
zalcore

zalcore

I was thinking something along those lines, but every page in the address bar is the same (http://www.uniwar.com/forum.page)...

[WWW]
Gen Petraeus

Gen Petraeus

OK, If You LOOK, I say that the Marauder can get everywhere in there; like when I say that it is a good base capture deterrent. However, when attacked by... lets say a swarmer, it sucks against it, it takes like 3-4 damage. If you are hit by 2 of them, it can probably kill it. However, when you hit like... an eclipse, it actually fights back because of its range shot; I am not saying that the marauder cannot be used, i am saying that once you get into the heart of a battle, like 20 rounds in, by that time, it is almost ineffective because you can't really sneak around a large line of soldiers. Yes, it is very good against mechas and the underling, but it cannot be used against, lets say a tank, because it will get owned. When you use a swarmer against a tank, if you have units surrounding it, it does maybe 1 damage, or something like that. I was attacking a Pinzer with units surrounding it, i had 2 marauders come around and attack it. The Pinzer had 2 health, and did NO Damage, while taking no damage when i attacked it. So a Pinzer with 2 health equals 2 marauders attacking it? Very Lame. You need to at least up the marauders effect on Ground Heavy, and maybe put its defense strength at 8. I know if you use it correctly you can have a good game, but I just feel it doesn't fit with the other races, especially when they have the 2 range capability and the marauder gets banged up. In a way, its great, but half the time, its not and SUCKS. And I DO KNOW HOW TO PLAY, why would I love the sapiens? I mean the heli is great and if you have enough of them, the tank is good.

Gen Petraeus

Gen Petraeus

What I was meaning with the T. Vs S. was what the developers wanted; it was balanced. That is what I meant, and armor lock would strengthen until like a line of swarmers attacked, its just like a shield to protect against that initial shot from it, I mean the marine wouldn't be invincible...

Or scratch the "Armor Lock" Idea, and take my Paratroop idea; It would make the sapiens balanced on that fact, because they could at least get behind an army, or something to that effect. I don't know. And maybe I DO suck, maybe I can't use the marauder, but I just think that the way the developers wanted it was Sapiens beat Khraleans, Khraleans Beat Titans, and Titans Beat Sapiens.

Kind of like Rock Paper Scissors No? But in this case, the Rock is imbalanced- Rock is Khraleans- Rock Rips through Paper, Paper is Sapiens; it doesn't cover it. You know what I'm Saying? If you don't, I am saying that the Swarms of Khralean units overpower the sapiens, and while I would say that the Sapiens overpower the Khraleans about 80% of the time, now I have to say that my numbers are more like 50/50 now. It just sucks when you 5 Destroyers, and 2-3 helis, and a mass of 15-16 takes out the ships, and yes they are in a good formation that can do max damage. I mean, helis vs plasmas in another game, DOESN't Work because the Heli's cost the same as Plasmas.

And Adding to whoever said use the battery's range? I wasn't saying it sucked, I was saying that when in close quarters, like you have marines or something in front of it, and a swarmer(s) come in and destroy it, it sucks. There should be a better unit for that, or something to that effect. Yes, if you added 5 defense points it would imbalance it. Yes. But if you made like a better unit to fight against those swarmers, and don't say heli because 1 heli won't do crap against 8 of them. Maybe make the swarmer less powerful, or something to that effect. This is how the game is imbalanced. If you don't understand what I am saying, play a game on A River Runs with a guy named M-27, and make him be khraleans and you be sapiens. You don't have to make the game be rated, just play him and tell him to use his swarm technique. You WILL see what I mean.

Gen Petraeus

Gen Petraeus

And how does my Titans Vs Sapiens strategy sound bad? Yes, I probably forgot the engineer part, but that is implied- you go in, pick 3 plasma tanks to hit, and hit it with helis and tanks- You have a hole- then you move in with 1 or 2 marauders, yes i said marauders, because it is very good with 1 or 2, to hit the Artillery. As long as the tanks and engineers are fine, keep attacking...

And, if there are eclipses, just hang back behind your tanks, and wait for your tank line to get through ONE AREA. BEcause a tank line won't do S*** against Plasmas, they will just concentrate their fire.

I don't know who, but someone said that the marauder fares well against the swarmer; WRONG. I bet you were meaning when it goes up close against one; I was meaning when a group beats your marines, then hits your marauder from range; it loses like 3-4, at most 5 health. That is NOT good. This is why I think that Khraleans are Overpowered. Do you understand now?

Gen Petraeus

Gen Petraeus

Armor Lock is probably a bad idea now i realize; but when you have swarms of Swarmers, they just quickly overpower the sapiens; you attack a swarmer with marines, 2 marines, they are hurt; 4 health and 7 health. And you can only do so much with that; You say that a marauder is the only unit that can kill ground light unit in one turn; YES! I KNOW! I SAID THAT THEY WERE VERY GOOD UNITS TO STOP ENEMIES FROM CAPPING BASES. YES. I ALSO SAID THAT THEY WERE VERY GOOD AGAINST GROUND LIGHT UNITS.

Ok, sorry for that Rage with the Caps Lock; but I said that they were good on that aspect. The aerial aspect is ok, yes they can do some serious damage to helis in numbers, But what you don't get is when it tries to defend itself- yes i know what you are going to say," The Marauder is not good by itself, you move in with support, etc." Or Oh it is good for getting around the area of control for units... Yes I get what you are saying, but this DOESN'T work when you have a Meat Wall. I'm talking about maybe a wall of pawn units 2 spaces thick, and a couple of marauders try and get around that... heheheh good luck with that...

Look, I am saying that it isn't a great unit when you are trying to support your guys, because not many people attack with a whole bunch of ground light. It is not effective that way. I think that there should be a unit that is less powerful than the eclipse, but more powerful than the swarmer, that is 1-2 range. Maybe make the marauder able to defend with a 2 range radius, but only able to attack with 1 range, i don't know. Its just a little imbalanced with K. vs S. I know some of you may think I'm Crazy, Oh hes going to make the game less balanced... I'm trying to balance the game more with a unit that is all around good.

My summary? The Marauder is VERY GOOD IN THE BEGINNING OF A BATTLE; or if you create a hole in enemy defense; sucks when 2 swarmers come and attack it. Also sucks against armor; you need to at least give it an ability to damage a tank with 1 damage... JUST SOMETHING!!!!!! You can say that those 250 units aren't supposed to do damage to a tank- but they do do damage to tanks- the speeder sometimes does 1-2 damage on Pinzers or Tanks if they are damaged, 4-6 health. If you gang up on a plasma tank, like keep shooting it at range with 4-5 swarmers, you can damage it with 2-3 damage.
the Marauder? No damage. WEAK.

Forum Index » What's New in the Latest Updates