[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Balance Changes... And The Topic of BALANCING THE SAPIENS.
Forum Index » What's New in the Latest Updates
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

First of all, about the marauder being overrun by swarmers...
  Gen Petraeus wrote:
I don't know who, but someone said that the marauder fares well against the swarmer; WRONG. I bet you were meaning when it goes up close against one; I was meaning when a group beats your marines, then hits your marauder from range; it loses like 3-4, at most 5 health.

Well the first thing wrong with your scenario is that I think you're not counting the credits correctly. Let's say that your opponent has 5 swarmers. That means you should have 1250 credits to spend also. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't make 1 marauder and 10 marines with that amount of credits (especially after the nerf).

Yes I do agree that marines should get a special ability if the devs don't reverse the nerf...

Gen Petraeus wrote:
Or scratch the "Armor Lock" Idea, and take my Paratroop idea; It would make the sapiens balanced on that fact, because they could at least get behind an army, or something to that effect.

But definitely not that special ability...if a titan player leaves his walkers exposed from the back side...well, it's not going to look pretty.

Gen Petraeus wrote:
It just sucks when you 5 Destroyers, and 2-3 helis, and a mass of 15-16 takes out the ships, and yes they are in a good formation that can do max damage.

Once again, you got your money scenario here mixed up. 15-16 levis cost 9000/9600 credits, while 5 destoyers and 2-3 helis cost 5000/5500 credits. You're exaggerating a bit here.

Gen Petraeus wrote:
Yes, [the marauder] is very good against mechas and the underling, but it cannot be used against, lets say a tank, because it will get owned.

Have you actually tried this? Toyczar taught me that marauders that attack a 1-3 health plasma twice in a row do quite a bit of damage...especially after a battery attack.

Gen Petraeus wrote:
I was attacking a Pinzer with units surrounding it, i had 2 marauders come around and attack it. The Pinzer had 2 health, and did NO Damage, while taking no damage when i attacked it. So a Pinzer with 2 health equals 2 marauders attacking it? Very Lame.

Really? Did you use the maruaders TWICE each?

meh that's about it for now...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 31, 2010 19:36

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
Gen Petraeus

Gen Petraeus

And the other thing, It was on a river runs, they were out of my range so i couldn't attack them but they could attack me. I couldn't get too close with my helis because all they would do is overpower them by shooting them with the "25" swarmers. The 25 swarmers is a little much, it was more like 17. So yea. Its like I can see you, but I can't hit you, and if I do hit you you just gang up on me; its like you get too close, you get gang raped. Hopefully its not bad that i said raped...

Why is it that people suck sometimes?
It's a question I ask myself sometimes. My answer??? "It's Life noob! Get on with it!"
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

BTW, here's a little comparison with marauders and speeders' ground heavy attack: (look at where I drew)

There's not much of a difference!!!!!!

Oh, and btw, about the marauder not doing damage to the pinzy...you must've gotten really unlucky. 50% of the time, with gangup bonus, my eclipses do 1 damage to pinzys...and eclipses only have 3 ground heavy attack.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 31, 2010 19:38

Gen Petraeus

Gen Petraeus

nfong, i did attack it twice each, it didn't do anything to it. I probably am exaggerating with that number, i might be able to upload the screenshots that I took of that game, so yea. I just think that swarmers should be weakened a little, the price is fine as is; they just cut through units like they are butter, except for the heli, which sometimes they won't have an effect if they shoot at full health at a heli of full health. But when you have a swarm, they gang up and shoot it to pieces. So yea...

Maybe my memory is bad, and I don't remember what I did in some of these games... Maybe I am playing with a wrong strategy... although my favorite race is sapiens and I know that they are the ATTACK ATTACK ( Helis and Marines) but they need a defensive capability against the swarms of Khraleans. Yes I know I said Swarms a million times. Get over it.

Titans vs Sapiens is pretty balanced the way it is. I am NOT SAYING THAT THEY W/L RATIO IS 50/50. I am saying that the Titans will win most of the time.

None of the races are unstoppable, none of the units are unstoppable, but when someone uses almost 1 UNIT, and Owns everything you have, I think it is a little overpowered. kk? All i am saying is tone the Swarmer's attack against a destroyer down, make it less of a Ground Light attack unit- maybe 4-5 damage each attack... kk?

I am done; I will discuss my strategies on the Sapien Strategy Area, Because I am pretty good with them ( Anyone want to play Sapien v Sapien?) They just need to be tweaked a little... Or Khraleans need to be tweaked a little.

It's a question I ask myself sometimes. My answer??? "It's Life noob! Get on with it!"
Gen Petraeus

Gen Petraeus

Yea probably the unlucky aspect of it, or maybe the guy was hacking xD
But anyhow, I think they should tone the swarmer's ability down. All right, I'm done. Thanks for listening, even if you think that some of my ideas are kind of bad if not BAD.

Gen Petraeus

Gen Petraeus

nFong, where do you get the Illustrations?

[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

hmm...How much damage does a swarmer do to a destroyer anyway? 2?
I think swarmers are fine the way they are...they have a decently high ground light attack because their defense sucks.

The illustrations are from the "Units" section

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 31, 2010 19:48

Gen Petraeus

Gen Petraeus

Never mind i found it. they do 2 damage while taking 8.

[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Hm. 2 damage isn't too bad. The thing is that you have to attack the swarm first, and from 3 hexes away. And don't try to kill the swarmers, try to weaken the swarm itself. Killing 10 swarmers and leaving 10 with full health >20 weak (5ish health) swarmers.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 31, 2010 19:50

Solitary

Solitary

Gen, you DON'T know how to play. Most of the stuff you posted up here is complete garbage and shows only that you try to use units for the wrong thing, and then complain when they don't work for it. I mean, you suggested building helis against titans for a start which is pretty much the worst unit you can build against them and battery is not strong against khral in most cases either.

Marauder is a good unit, it's not not good if you don't use it strategically and interestingly enough this is a strategy game :o.
Gen Petraeus

Gen Petraeus

I know that nfong, not trying to offend you, but sometimes, the swarm hangs back too far away that I cannot attack it; so then you say, oh get more helis, well M-27 isn't stupid, he had i think 3-4 wyrms to stop me from charging him; because i did thwart an earlier attack by him; yes i used the attack first delio... But it was too the point of something like the American Revolution; Brits were able to win most of their battles when they had the support of their navy/rivers/coast etc. But when they moved just 20 miles away from their navy, and pushed inland, they were always owned. Of course, their advantage my navy was able to win almost any battle within 3 spaces of the river, but once you went outside the radius of 3 spaces from the river, I would always get owned. Kind of like that.

Forum Index » What's New in the Latest Updates