[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
vs. Plasma tanks
Forum Index » Sapiens
searchlight

searchlight

It takes a little bit more thought, but there's really no reason to be afraid of Plasma Tanks when playing Sapiens. Tanks backed up by Engineers are an equal match. Let them attack you, and use your turns to repair. If you have an advantage - either in number of units (3 Tanks on 2 Plasma, for instance) or with terrain or Gang-Up bonus, use your EMP to move in for some heavy damage.
rebelxt

rebelxt

I'm curious what you do about walkers though?

Titans player will normally have plasma tanks with walkers behind 'em. if you try using copters to control walkers, titans use eclipses to protect walkers. i find that titans can often overpower sapiens if they play defensively in the beginning and manage to get walkers and protect them. alon gave me a very good lesson how this works hehe
Anonymous

Anonymous
I think we have more to fear from the Walkers, do to there far range
clamato

clamato

What to do about walkers depends entirely on the map, really. The big thing to remember is that walkers can't move and attack so if you can, keep shifting the battlefront so that the opponent is either defending against nothing or has to move the whole fortress he's made. For the titan player who's built up a fortress, it gets old quick to have to keep moving it and sooner or later all but the most careful of them make a mistake and leave an opening you can exploit. Fortresses are great for defense but terrible for offense and in the long term mobility can wear any fortress down.

Also, helicopters aren't necessarily the best way to take a walker down (or the best unit to play against titans in most maps, really). Marauders can cover more distance if there's an opening and you get 2 for the price of one helicopter. Defending one front with tanks and engineers and sending infantry in from another direction works well too. Remember than walkers are really expensive so if it take six infantry to reach a walker and take it down you're still ahead of the game. If you keep moving a line of infantry in sooner or later one will reach the walker, and just knocking a walker from 10 to 7 with a weakened infantry unit can give you a big advantage on the other front.

[Avatar]
Gargoyle

[Avatar]
Gargoyle

I agree with clamato. Because of their high mobility and double move, Marauders can often be much more deadly than helos. (And with the rule change, Marauders now heal faster than helos!)
searchlight

searchlight

Marauders have been the only counter I've found to be effective against Walkers. But really... I think the best thing is to be aggressive early and try to prevent Walkers in the first place. Once the game turns in to a standoff, that range advantage is sometimes insurmountable.
magic molly

magic molly

I actually love titans because of the plasma tank. It can take so much, enough to make them at least use all their turns without getting on top of my base (or heaven forbid, capturing it) so i can put down another one the next turn.

Because of their extremely high defense and attack, your best bet is to use marauders to attack them from behind, then use the gang up bonus with the tanks from the front. If they have walkers, marauders can usually slip through. EMP is your friend. The infantry ideas are great, but they won't help you much after you do kill that walker. Also, use the helis move after attack to close the distance with a walker.
[Avatar]
aLoN

[Avatar]
aLoN

rebelxt wrote: I'm curious what you do about walkers though?

Titans player will normally have plasma tanks with walkers behind 'em. if you try using copters to control walkers, titans use eclipses to protect walkers. i find that titans can often overpower sapiens if they play defensively in the beginning and manage to get walkers and protect them. alon gave me a very good lesson how this works hehe

glad you learned something from me :p
but i could more easly get a win with sapiens vs titans on small maps, if you do it smart sapiens really pown titans.
rebelxt

rebelxt

aLoN wrote:
glad you learned something from me :p
but i could more easly get a win with sapiens vs titans on small maps, if you do it smart sapiens really pown titans.

aLoN, do you rely on EMP? i never had any luck utilizing it multiple turns in a row. guess i'm still a noob at this game..
brainiac

brainiac

EMP is deadly against titans in close quarters. i tried being titans in a team bases galore because i figured everybody with sapeins would just mass helicopters. they built tanks immediately so i had to build plasma tanks who were taken out by EMPs (from both sides) very quickly.
lion37

lion37

Yes, does anyone else think that the EMP is too powerful. It seems like my Sapien opponents just spam engineers. Building an engineer every single round and emp'ing my units. Only solution is to use Walkers to kill the engineers, but they are expensive, slow, vulnerable, and dont always kill the engineer in time to stop the emp.
brainiac

brainiac

no. EMP is fine the way it is. Sapeins can barely damage plasma tanks without the help of an engineer. And the battery sucks.

EMP is fine, though I think plague and UV should be upped a notch to compensate. Both of those are relatively useless compared to being able to paralyze and opponent completely for a round.
magic molly

magic molly

5200 wrote: EMP is fine, though I think plague and UV should be upped a notch to compensate. Both of those are relatively useless compared to being able to paralyze and opponent completely for a round.

Yeah, UV should be 2 damage, but with one less range, and plague should spread easier. Also, emp should not be able to work after moving. If plague and UV don't work like that, why should EMP?

The issue with sapiens v titans is that a tank w/engie wall it very hard to get through, especially with batteries behind. On maps like wild plains, titans almost always get screwed by a good sapiens player.
puQuak

puQuak

I just think a 10 Marine in the forest or a 10 Marauder on normal terrain with should be able to scratch a 2 Plasma tank. Ouch that one hurt.
Forum Index » Sapiens