[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Montevideo change
Forum Index » New Feature Request
clamato

clamato

Montevideo might be the most unbalanced map, in that the first player can always grab the base (regardless of what race they play) and unless they screw up the second player doesn't have a chance. I have yet to lose Montevideo as blue once I figured this out, even against far better players, and I have yet to win on red against anyone who knows to grab that base first.

There are some other maps where one race has a huge advantage but the fact that all three races can dominate here suggests to me that maybe the map should be tweaked.

For example I wonder if making the contested base at the bottom of the screen a naval base instead might make it a little more fair, since that player wouldn't get the advantage of the extra income and it would bit a little more difficult to hold on to. Or, make it a red cross base so it would be a great place to hold and launch attacks from but you have to get your pieces there first.

Or does everyone like it the way it is?
[Avatar]
kralux

[Avatar]
kralux

Montevideo will be change in the next update coming soon... It will contain four bases now at the bottom middle of the map and that is where a lot of the action will happen...
The company is committed to rebalancing maps that are unbalanced.
rebelxt

rebelxt

This is good to hear.

Half of the rated games are Montevideo. People are farming the hell out of it. I don't understand why since there is no fun in doing this.

Land Bridge issue is getting addressed by the upcoming update too.
omulu

omulu

Montevideo is a good noob trap, just like the one I fell for, when I got in a game on Four Neighbors where the host was playing Sapiens and the only race available for the guest was Titans. I know, I know, should've seen that coming. But I wasn't familiarized with the Map Names.... Well, putting lousy excuses aside, the map balancing thing, along with the map preview feature, could certainly help noobs to avoid get exploited by smart a**es that populate the game lists (geez, those guys set lots of traps everywhere, their Current Game lists must be filled ONLY with trap games....)
Forum Index » New Feature Request