[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Critical Flaw in Uniwars Undo Button Mechanics
Forum Index » General Discussion
cyamese

cyamese

When you build a unit in uniwar, you have the ability to undo the action. However, when you build a unit you automatically get the units vision allowing you to see through the fog of war. This is a huge flaw because allowing players to see the battle feild and make tactical decisions based off making a unit and then undoing it creates imbalance. This is an obvious flaw. You can buy a good vision every turn, see the battle field and undo it, saving you money and potentially giving you vital information that you shouldn't otherwise have, because you can undo it.

The undo feature is fine, but don't give units the ability to see the battle field until after the undo phase of the turn ends.

Xenai

Xenai

Widely known, widely used, and adds more depth instead of less to the game in my opinion. Doubt anything is going to be done with it.
cyamese

cyamese

This is widely known and nobody cares? I respect that point of view but my initial reaction was that this must be a mistake. Unit vision is too high for all races as it in my opinion, so this just creates a mess. I think it is pointless to waste your time building a unit simply to gain information only to ultimately undo the purchase. Why not just make it so that a newly bought unit can't see until you have fully committed to buying the unit?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 08, 2010 16:43

Isolation

Isolation

Yea, I'd prefer it if this wasn't fixed tbh as it would add a huge luck element with what you build if it was fixed (especially on close maps xD).
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

Yes, I think it is just for strategy. If you think about it, Saps and Titans get 6 vision from their base with 250 credits, while Khrals get 5 vision for 250 credits. (swarmer vision is 5). So it's strategic and interesting in my view.

---------------------------------------
MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
[Avatar]
lantry

[Avatar]
lantry

yeah, this really isnt a problem. even if you are against it, it doesnt make that much of a difference. the real problem with the undo button is when you are playing khraleans and you repair a unit, but then undo it. sometimes, it will poison them for no reason. (although i think this has been fixed)
boourns

boourns

Not a problem but a curious "quirk", that if the design team thought of from the getgo they no doubt wouldn't have included.
Forum Index » General Discussion