[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Wyrm +Aerial Buff
Forum Index » Khraleans
[Avatar]
guolin

[Avatar]
guolin

Hey guys, I'm back again! I might start playing Uniwar again if I get the data plan for my iPhone. For those of you that don't know me, I'm an exclusive Khralean player who specializes in latent attacks.

Well, I know that the Wyrm buff happened a while back, but I was on the verge of quitting Uniwar back then due to other commitments, so I never really got to try it out. That being said, here's my question to you all Khralean players: has the Wyrm buff affected your games, especially against Sapiens? Feel free to discuss.
Isolation

Isolation

Not in the slightest xD. What's a latent attack?
Xenai

Xenai

Slightly, it makes a wyrm+garuda combo more likely to take down a heli, though that still only happens about 60% of the time on a rough estimate.
[Avatar]
guolin

[Avatar]
guolin

Latent attack is my way of describing playing defensive-like (Garuda wall, Pinzers, etc.), then blitzing with a swarm. Typical Khralean, I guess, but still.

I still prefer double Garus though. I rarely make Wyrms early on against Saps.
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

The buff exactly helps a latent attack. I beat arrow (rank 2215) as Khral vs. Sap on Jungle. He had 3 helis and couple marines, I decided to go with 2 pinzers to wall, garuda kept behind pinzer, and one ant. One pinzer held the open plains area, while the other sat on the base in the middle of the forest while he pressed forward with the helis. I finally lost the pinzer on the forest base (inevitable) while I saved up to get a wyrm. However, i popped up ant at the right moment to keep wyrm safe and the next turn I killed a full 10 health heli with wyrm to garuda combo. After that, I could afford more garudas, and in tandem with the wyrm, you will always kill a 9 health heli, and many of the times kill a full health heli.

That's really the only situation I've seen it make a difference.

Especially in that situation, if I would have gone garudas, his marines would have rushed and shredded and it would have been over. The Pinzer wall was the only real way, I think, to win in that case.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 19, 2011 00:38

---------------------------------------
MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
Forum Index » Khraleans