[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Do you hate 1.3.0? Rant here.
Forum Index » General Discussion
Salival

Salival

Naturally scoring system should be brought back. No doubts about it.

I know most people care about ranking. I don't. I don't care if I'm top 10 or top 2000. Simply want to play rated games because I want to know how good I am. If I AM good, I will be high in the ranking, if 1.000 people are better than me, I will be 1.001th. Simple and fair. Almost fair as I like to play bots and I realize I have 2040 points thanks to the girls. So, to make the game fair playing with bots should be unrated, but please leave us a choice of playing with our friends, or unknown people (even if they are cheaters), playing maps that we want to play, taking as long turns as we want to.

If there are people that want to be high in the ranking at all cost, let them do it. After all it's just a game and there are no rewards for first place. Some frustrated kid wants to be No. 1? Let him. He won't be that successful in life anyway.

We can always play with the people we know. I would like to have the opportunity to play with my trusted mates. And would like to make it rated. Just because. I always play rated. Even recently I was playing with KGR24 on green valley. I wanted to check if titans really sucks on that map and we played rated. I lost of course but it was my choice as I set the game up.

Removing certain maps from ranked games is a mistake too. Please leave it up to us, if we feel some map is not fair and we don't like it, we won't play it. Simple as that. But leave us a choice.

I really like this game and I'm very disappointed with these changes. After today's announcement I know you'll do good therefore thank you for listening our opinions.
Salival

Salival

Correction: If there are kids wanted to be high in ranking at all cost and they will be cheating, try other methods of prevention. Do not let them cheat as it is truly not god for good players 'morale'. I don't know much about internet systems but checking IP seems to be good solution. I will bet even if someone has two phones, he's using the same IP, right?
I have two devices, Nokia and iPhone but I use only iPhone and I have only 1 account of course but if I would like to use both, I would use the same connection.
revofpodus

revofpodus

The developers changed the fundamentals of the entire game to fix a very limited feature of the game , and also only to control the actions for a handful of players.

Why punish the entire community for the actions of a limited few, that's a very immature reaction. Just boot them, don't rewrite the entire game..

On to my circumstances. I cannot play a rated game. Every player you have assigned to me has been offline. Last time I was only being assigned to m-27.. He was offline but EVERY rated game I tried to play he was my opponent.

I don't only want to play one player.. That's boring. Nor do I want to play later when m-27 feels like getting online. I work , ect and want to play this game when I'm available, not when someone elese is available.

A very poor thought out update for what's otherwise a good game. It seems the update and the original programming were don't by different people. The new guy has very limited vision, and if he was a uniwar player most likely a bitter 1700 who can't beat anyone ( that explains a lot actually )

I'll give this game until the next update, then it's gone
J-a-r-n-o

J-a-r-n-o

I also very much dislike this update. I play for fun, so I don't really care that much about being in the top-100. I do like to play the rated games, though, since the score will tell me if a player is in my league or not. Also I prefer playing rated games with multiple players in them, since it has a more dynamic game evolution in my opinion.
With this update I no longer have any control over which maps to play, which players to play against, etc., etc. No control over my enjoyment of the game at all. Just to thwart a group of cheaters, whose artificially inflated score is meaningless anyway.
I feel that the fun has been sucked out of the game as well.
Once my current games are over, I'll probably stop playing altogether, unless the old scoring system is reinstated.
smokeyjoe

smokeyjoe

I've never logged onto this forum until today, but I had to to voice my complaint. Uniwar developers PLEASE change the game back to the way it was. Uniwar is by far my fav game on my iPhone, but with this last update it's losing it's appeal fast.

Here's an idea for you to thwart cheaters AND still leave all the flexibility in the game. Why not allow us to "dislike" players after a game, that way cheaters, people who abandon games, etc. start to get a low player ranking. Then when you're setting up games you can limit which players can join by their "player ranking".

At a bare minimum change it back to the way it was. Most of us got around cheaters by setting up games with players we know and trust. Thanks for taking the time to listen.
Xenai

Xenai

Not really seeing benefits to the changes either. A ladder reset, removal of the ability to select "rated" for the unbalanced maps, and fixing the bugs would seem to me to be the best solution.
kryzak

kryzak

Pretty much seconding what everyone else said here:

Ladders don’t really matter.
points are used for opponent selection.
not being able to play with friend and on maps we like sucks.

But my biggest gripe is being forced into rated games with 1 day time limits and have to lose points when I surrender. WTF?
toukz

toukz

Agreed, seconding what everyone else seems to be saying. Sucks that I can't play games with my friends on the map I chose and that I'm gonna have to be on top of the game more often to not lose points. Way to blow it fellas.
nettles

nettles

Seriously just get rid of the #$@ ladder. Bam, incentive to cheat is almost completely gone.

Ratings can still mean something for opponent selection and so that games have some stakes without the ladder.
krayzkrok

krayzkrok

Yep, sorry devs but this update is going to make me play less Uniwar not more Uniwar. I currently play with a group of about 15 friends, varies depending on the game, so the ranking system previously worked just fine for us. We didn't care about the global leaderboards - we only care about ranks within our group for a bit of friendly competition.

As for the random games, this is a major issue for me. Why are we being forced to play at least one game a week with random strangers on random maps with random units on a fixed 24 hour timescale? Who ever thought that was a good idea? Sorry, but it's nothing more than spam to me, except it also lowers my rating because I'm not going to play any of those games thanks.

Honestly, forget about the cheaters - who cares about those kids anyway? We just want to play Uniwar amongst our friends.
gfraser123

gfraser123

Is it just me or can we no longer post rated games and join rated games from a listing of available games? I need to play one-day random 1 on 1 games for rankings? This totally blows, Uniwar went from a great game to a crappy game with this update, I'm going to find myself a new game to play. Great move guys, you show you really understand your player community with this update. Unbelievable.
[Avatar]
reallyfun

[Avatar]
reallyfun

This update is terrible. Why am I forced to play random games that I don't want?? Plus LOSING points when I quit, no less. I won the games and earned my ranking(although not too much to brag about) through fair games, and now I am losing my points because of random games that I DON'T WANNA PLAY????????

This used to be my favorite mobile game, but now it's just a nuisance.
Xenai

Xenai

Look, making it so I can choose to play 0 games a week if I don't want to lose points is not a solution. I don't want to be playing random games against random people on random maps with random races. So far I've been invited to 5 of these random games and haven't even remotely wanted to play any of them, which is not only frustrating for me but I imagine is also frustrating for the players who are continually getting turned down.

There is a simple solution to all these problems: fix the bugs. If you can't cheat, there won't be cheating. No need to destroy the core mechanics of the game in attempt to get rid of cheating if there's no way to cheat. Then make only certain maps have the option to host as rated games, release the mapmaker you've been talking about, and everything is solved.
orbis

orbis

This is the first time I have been motivated enough to post to the forum. First, I for one, truly despise the jerk-offs that start game and then never move and this up-grade does nothing to fix this problem. I normaly try to play only 12h games so that at least it only takes a coupel days to get these dinks off my games list. So, it made my pet peeve even worse. I think there should be some penalty for this behavior.

Second, I don't like not being able to choose who to play in a rated game. I LIKE playing against people ranked higher than me sometimes. I agree the ladder should be reset. I think there should also be two ladders, singles and teams, we should be able to form regular teams and have them be separate from our single names. It would just be a mater of forming the team and naming it on a page in the lobby. I think this would go a long way in stopping the abuses we see now.

ignotus

ignotus

HOT NEWS:

All rated games changed to unrated in the middle of fight. Really bright idea
Forum Index » General Discussion