[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Push notifications not working on iPhone 4 / Uniwar 1.3.0
Forum Index » Bug Reports
cstump

cstump

My friend and I both have iPhone 4. Neither of us are getting push notifications. I used to play on a gen 1 iPhone and push always worked fine. I found a similar post about this issue from back in July, and the post ends with "yay! it's fixed!", but it isn't for for us.

Please investigate/fix. Uniwar is so much better with push. Thanks!
Revenant

Revenant

Been having this same problem on my iPhone 4, and it persists in 1.3.2. No push notifications for about a two weeks now!

HELP!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 09, 2011 10:55

[WWW]
[Avatar]
revZloco

[Avatar]
revZloco

yep me too. About a week now. iPhone 3GS
Hauke

Hauke

Same here, since about 2 weeks... (Iphone 4, IOS 4.2.1 and now Uniwar 1.3.2)
THAC0

THAC0

Same here; it seems like whenever backgrounding was added it broke push notifications. I've tried closing my app instead of letting it linger in the background but the notifications still don't work.
OB1KaNoobie

OB1KaNoobie

Same here. I and 5 of my friends play big games on iphone, are all up to the most current version, and have all stopped receiving push notifications. This has taken uniwar from being our favorite game to being forgotten. Please fix. Is this not happening across all iphones right now? checked my push settings and they are still active in my settings but broken in practice. Please fix my fave game!
Dragonfire83

Dragonfire83

Yes, I can confirm that push notifications are indeed broken for myself and two other friends, we all have different iphones, one of us has an iphone 3g another an iphone 3gs and the third an iphone 4, it would seem that between the firmware of the iphones and the "new uniwar update" something has been broken, it isn't a big deal to check your phone twice a day to ensure that you don't miss a turn but it was very convenient to see that it was my turn with a quick glace at my home screen. My fingers are crossed for a quick fix.
Vessorine

Vessorine

Yes, I can confirm that push notifications are indeed broken for myself and two other friends, we all have different iphones, one of us has an iphone 3g another an iphone 3gs and the third an iphone 4, it would seem that between the firmware of the iphones and the "new uniwar update" something has been broken, it isn't a big deal to check your phone twice a day to ensure that you don't miss a turn but it was very convenient to see that it was my turn with a quick glace at my home screen. My fingers are crossed for a quick fix.

I am in exactly the same situation. Between my friends and I we have all 3 generations of iPhone and the push notifications dont work on any of them. I tried to find it in the settings so that I could try to enable them, but all I found was e-mail notifications! Can you please fix this soon as ive already had games ruined as people miss turns and get booted out!
bushi

bushi

Seems like a pretty big issue for no support update or eta. The game is pretty much busted without notifications.
njpomeroy

njpomeroy

Not working here either: iPhone 3G on iOS 3.1.3.

Hasn't been working for at least a week, likely longer.

-N
shanert

shanert

So, no news here? This is not a free game, we have paid money. So it would be nice to get some feedback about a big bug like this
uganda

uganda

Nothing new to say that hasn't already been said. I am somewhat confused that this is obviously a big issue and the response from the uniwar team has been...

Silence.
[Avatar]
guolin

[Avatar]
guolin

Same here. I now have to manually check the app every now and then to see if it's my turn. However, if you open the app, refresh the current games, and have at least game where it's your turn, the badge pops up.
DarksideA

DarksideA

They are working again
DarksideA

DarksideA

They stopped working again. I'm on iphone 4 ios 4.0.?
Forum Index » Bug Reports