[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
What would you do?
Forum Index » General Discussion
lion3

lion3

To make this forum more interesting, lets start posting some complex real game situation to see what other players think/ would do. I'll get started, hopefully others will follow.

I think Starvation is one of the most well balanced maps in the game. Titan/ Saps are about even. Saps beat Khrals, but not easily. Khrals beat Titans (as usual).

Here is a real game situation.

The Sap player has been able to capture 2 bases, so he has a big money advantage. However, the Titan player has turtled up behind the mountains and is using the longer range of the walkers to keep the Sap units away. How does this game end? What would you do?
 Filename IMG_0078.png [Disk] Download
 Description 1
 Filesize 159 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  0 time(s)

Filename IMG_0076.png [Disk] Download
 Description 2
 Filesize 150 Kbytes

Filename IMG_0077.png [Disk] Download
 Description 3
 Filesize 155 Kbytes

[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

It looks like a draw to me. If titans move forward, the sap's batteries can destroy the thin mecha wall while helis go in for the kill. If saps move forward, titans can pick off their units one by one.
However, if this game goes on for 100+ rounds or so, I'm thinking that saps may gain a little edge, because they will have around 2x as many batteries than the titan's walkers, which may be a deciding factor in the end.

When I have time this week, I'll post a Dead Monk krahl vs titan match...I find those matches to be quite fair, especially after the ant nerf :3

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
lion3

lion3

nfong wrote: It looks like a draw to me.

If this is a draw then the game is grossly unbalanced. The Sap player has 4 bases more than the Titan player. He should be able to win.

What about filling the entire bottom of the map with heli's and at some point just charging ahead with everything?
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

I also mentioned that if this game goes on for 100+ more rounds, then the saps should have a decisive advantage.
I'm just saying atm, the game is a draw. If you want to play for another month or so, then saps should win.

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
lion3

lion3

Update. The game finally ended after many, many rounds of play. Saps won. Essentially we got 2 lines staring at each other. The Titans had walkers behind PT's (or behind Mecha's on mountains). The Saps had Helis + trucks on the front line, behind them a line of heli's and behind them a line of marauders.

Because the Sap player had 4 more bases, he had more units in general.

The Sap player would then advance his 3 front line one hex. The Titan player got to fire off his front line of Walkers. The Sap player then used what was left of his front line + his second line of Heli's to destroy the PT's and Mechas. The Marauders could then rush in and kill the Walkers.

This is an oversimplification since terrain made it all much more complex, but you should get the point.
After a while of this, Saps had the upper hand and the game was over.
[Avatar]
lantry

[Avatar]
lantry

From my first look at the situation (disregarding the results) i would say that this game is as close as you can get to a draw. with boths sides focusing so heavily (imho) on artillery, which is strong but can't attack after move, the game will become a stalemate until one side decides to make the first move. since sapiens have a credit advantage, they will eventually gain the upper hand through sheer force of numbers, but if i was titans i would ask for peace. if i was sapiens, it would depend mainly on my mood if i accepted peace or not.
Forum Index » General Discussion