[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Old and New Theoretical Faction/Race Principles
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

K, I got my revised theoretical race chart:

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

I could TOTALLY see the Foboians submitting to the Convergence. Especially if they thought they were less evil than the Phasers

A master stroke on your part ... I never even would've considered the possibility
drumstep

drumstep

Don't mean to be a downer, but do you think you guys might be going just a little overboard. I mean, Xavi is only going to add 2 new races in the foreseeable future, and you guys have 5 with connected backstories and some mechanics affecting each other. All in good fun I know, and I enjoy reading them, but still.

For what it's worth, if I were to pick two right now, it would be phasers (they sound awesome) and pyreans. I need to reread convergence and I do like the idea of the atlantics though.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 20, 2016 06:06

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

drumstep wrote:Don't mean to be a downer, but do you think you guys might be going just a little overboard. I mean, Xavi is only going to add 2 new races in the foreseeable future, and you guys have 5 with connected backstories and some mechanics affecting each other. All in good fun I know, and I enjoy reading them, but still.

For what it's worth, if I were to pick two right now, it would be phasers (they sound awesome) and pyreans. I need to reread convergence and I do like the idea of the atlantics though.

that's what "new feature request" is for, get as many ideas as possible and choose the best choices

All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

drumstep wrote:Don't mean to be a downer, but do you think you guys might be going just a little overboard. I mean, Xavi is only going to add 2 new races in the foreseeable future, and you guys have 5 with connected backstories and some mechanics affecting each other. All in good fun I know, and I enjoy reading them, but still.

Yeah I'm up to 5 races I've made now. I've long since passed the "little overboard" off ramp. I'm heading straight to "needs hospitalization for rehab" territory thankfully I'm in the carpool lane and I've got two other loons with me

But back stories I think was just the next logical step for us, to try to bring the numbers and theory of our races to life.. And in many cases has caused me to reconsider stats or abilities I had landed on.

Thank you for reading and commenting. I am sure at some point I'll Peter out and get into something else. But as long as I've got ideas I'll put them here, whatever happens or doesn't happen w then is fine with me
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

The convergence disapproved :p.

In all seriousness, we are pretty much making these for fun. I don't really expect any of these to become races for real.

And if they do, the first 4 are mainly because of the conversation
System. Fobos speices fill in the conversions. And the other 2 are cool too.

AS for enyalios, they were the old fill in for the people of fobs before the fobs came along. Lsakr kindly included them into the chart anyways.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 20, 2016 18:36

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

A little off-topic:

Remember about my 2 projects? I forgot about which pair with which:

Project 1:

Human-Heaven
Hell-Predator
Mecha-Myth
Alien-Undead

Obviously, Human-Heaven are achenemies of Hell-Predator
Alien-Undead are new archenemies of Hell-Predator later on and also want to defeat Human-Heaven, Mecha-Myth want to stop everyone.

Project 2:

Fatherland-Valkyria
Enchantadia- Liberation Front

Fatherland claimed that Enchantadia attacked them 1st and vice versa, they waged war on each other, later on, Liberation Front freed themselves from Fatherland's hands and decide to pair up with Enchantadia, and far later on, seeing Fatherland in danger, Valkyria steps up and relieved Fatherland and paired up with them.

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

So, we got 6 racial candidates, only 2 are to be elected:

My side:

[Pr] Pyreans- Cannon race
[Al] Atlantics- Assassin race

Apercent's side:

[Cn] Convergence- Life race
[Ck] Clockwork- Dimention race

Duaneski's side:

[Ps] Phasers- Mega race
[Fs] Fobos- Sniper race

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Clockwork is both a horde race and a push mechanic. You haven't seen formations yet :p
amidama

amidama

the machines is an example of the Horde as ai see it
they have to constantly attack, otherwise their units will selfdestruct because of limited lifetime, and they are cheaper and often destroy themself in attacks

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

That should be a new faction called limited. Horde would say there's more of a benefit than power in numbers. Eg phoniex rider
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

As for the current races, I think we should all have a poll in which we give every race ratings from a 1-10 in the areas of

Against the current races (AGC)

Example: Titans gets a 9.5, the highest grade possible without having the exact same units as another race. They are very balanced in all aspects

Against the races of January 2016 and earlier(AgE)

Example: pyreans receive a relatively high score on the account of having a decent phoniex rider strategy vs hovertanks.

Against all races currently made(AgC)

Example: Titans have a decent score versus altantics, although they have camouflage to worry about

In versus maps (IVM)

Example: khraleans versus sapiens, this lowers the khraleans score.

And lastly, in the story (I would love to see boobs scratching their heads if I ever use these abbreviations (ITS))

Example: Altantics could have gotten a better score, but they don't seem very well explained. (Atlantis?)
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Anyways, giving ratings now seems to not be a good idea when the other races are so underdeveloped. But, when they are finished I'll rate them using this system.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

As for clockwork and convergence, I'd like to keep the two races separate story wise. The convergence wants to converge all, of course, but I'm not sure what the clockworks motive would be
amidama

amidama

dont even try to keep all of the races fit each other. most of them will not be accepter anyway. try to make them as standalone pack of units.

Hakumen
Forum Index » New Feature Request