[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
The Grand War - Alpha
Forum Index » Tournaments
LexTalionis

LexTalionis

Redacted, picked up by scouts team

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 11, 2017 17:43

[Avatar]
Ice princess

[Avatar]
Ice princess

Nice now their are 3 teams.. Im gonna be merc if scout will not pick me

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 11, 2017 07:52

Sloan

Sloan

I want to join again. Hopefully my team doesn't bail out on me again. Lol.
Scout73

Scout73

Team name: Justice League; Captain:Scout73, Members: Ice Princess, DontBtheNail, Lextalionis, Desinternauta, Catalyst
[Avatar]
lodeous

[Avatar]
lodeous

Team Name: Benzene Berserkers
Captain: Lodeous
Squad1: FuzzyEukaryote, Nsps, Porphyr
Squad2: Lodeous, Gr8m8, Mystogan

I am a Quaternion: one part real, three parts imaginary.
[Avatar]
Paul5678

[Avatar]
Paul5678

Very creative!
I would like to sign up as a mercenary.
Scout73

Scout73

Justice League, SquadA=Scout73, Desinternauta and Lextalionis; SquadB= IcePrincess, DontBtheNail, Catalyst.
Sloan

Sloan

What should I say to sign up? I guess I'll be a mercenary. Not quite sure what else to say.
SirBakesalot

SirBakesalot

2 clarification questions:

1. If you hire a merc is it only for that mission or is it for the whole tournament. Also if you hire a merc can any other team hire that merc or are they off limits

2. Are we going to allow race race selection after seeing the map/mode. I think it is best this way and you could do it one of 2 ways have the players select in order of turn order. Or blind pick prior via message to you via captains but letting the players see map and game types before would make the missions more balanced I believe.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 13, 2017 01:30

[Avatar]
uw-sandman

[Avatar]
uw-sandman

Once a team picks up a merc they will fight for that team for the entire tournament.

The argument from the last attempt was that tournaments and randoms don't allow you to have fore knowledge of a map before it starts and so, here I should be the same. However, before this begins we should all agree on the preferred way.

I don't have any issue with receiving the race choices based on mission type being communicated beforehand. However, on some missions there may be a fixed race. In these cases I will let you know before hand. Choices based on mission type as opposed to the exact map may be a middle ground. Please chime in with your thoughts.
SirBakesalot

SirBakesalot

Tournaments do let you know the map beforehand and pin particular team tourneys let you pick races, others don't because they are mirrored which will work because it allows for the map to be slightly in balanced. So short of doing mirrored matches I think it is best to let players pick race based on map. I believe the complaint before was p2 got to pick race after p1. If they pick race after seeing map by means of telling captain and that then being relayed to you I think everyone would be in agreement that this is fair. Also I think players for the mission should be declared once he map is known and that info can be passed along at time of race selection. This would allow for more strategic allocation of players to missions.
[Avatar]
uw-sandman

[Avatar]
uw-sandman

Were not going to mirror anything here. It is one time chance. Lots of missions will occur.. lots. So my advise is don't get hung up on a loss. Drive on.

With sirbakesalot suggestion I have no issue. I can do the dice roll and state the map. Captains will confirm their soldiers and races for the mission. If no abilities or Rcards are deployed the mission will be setup at that time and I will post the criteria. Once the criteria is posted it is locked. The mission will proceed and then recorded into the war chest once a replay is shared for verification. Btw, the winning team will hold the replay as this makes the most sense.

Also, once the war begins there will be no objection to the method allowed. Now is the time to post an opinion. Thank you
LexTalionis

LexTalionis

I agree. Should be map is known, but neither team knows what race the other is picking for the map. Picks are made by captains, submitted to controller, and locked in. Then game is created and teams must adhere to the races pre-selected (ie, no changing pick because other team picked a certain race). This prevents counter-picking (for example, picking khralean because other team picked sapiens). This should also be true for the main/ mid/final battles, blind race selection, but map is known.
SirBakesalot

SirBakesalot

Couple more questions, how do you determine if spy is successful or not what are odds? Also does thief get to choose which card to steal if you use intelligence chief right before?

Also how are the pairings going to be for main and midway? Assuming both are 3v3. What about final?

Also for cards get played before abilities, i.e. Will we know if an R card is going to be used before using medic ability? also does the medic/ any other that has game setup as use time need to be in the match to use the ability?
[Avatar]
uw-sandman

[Avatar]
uw-sandman

The strike initiated by the spy remains a secret because it was not initiated in the first trial run. I can tell you that it is not a dice throw or calculation. Other than that you will have to wait and see.

Using the thief without foreknowledge of cards will result in a dice throw for selection of theft. Theft will not be known by the one being stolen from.. thieves are very sneaky. Should a team use an ability to acquire knowledge of cards before a theft then yes you will get to choose. Only one card can be stolen by a thief. Also, be careful when you decide to reveal certain information as you only have one moment to do so.

The main pairings will be done to associate team squads in the nearest ranking to afford a balanced fight. This will be a best effort but not a guarantee. The mains will proceed with 3 main matches. They will be named "main12, main23, main31". They will involve 1 squad from each team in each main. Thus my balance effort. The midway fights are sequential. They will begin with the same squads immediately following the close of the main just before it. The final is described in prior posts. Please check page 1. However, to reiterate, the presence of a team in finals depends on the outcome of elimination. Midway matches are the elimination round. You may lose a main but fight through midway to make it to final and turn the whole game on its side.

The time of use "match setup" means that before a mission is structured you must tell me that your skill/rcard is to be used. This is the one opportunity to do so for those with this time of use. The anytime time of use can be enacted at any point but you must tell me in order for me to record the time slot and confirm in the final replay which is shared for confirmation.

The medic is a unique role. For the medic, due to the nature of the ability, he MUST be present for his ability to be used. Present in the actual match. So, as a result, I will allow the medic to be deployed in response to knowledge of Rcard use. This will cause one of the selected players to be exchanged. Only the player will be exchanged for the medic, not the race selection. So be cautious in your deployment. The player swapped to the medic will be the choice of the medics captain. A tough choice for sure. The requirement of presence in a match for ability use in pretty much only on the medic. For other abilities with the "at setup" tou, their abilities may be used without their presence in the actual mission.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 21, 2017 00:26

Forum Index » Tournaments