[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
The Revelations of Valkyrie
Forum Index » UniWar: Origins
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Hi guys, I have a story for you guys. It's about a Sapien super soldier codenamed "Valkyrie", we don't know what's his name or what's his background, but one thing for certain, he is an ace pilot and rides a special helicopter in battle. He will find out how this "Uniwar" started.

The story:

Ch. 1: The Revelations Unfold

My codename is Valkyrie. I'd like to tell my fellow soldiers my real name, but it's confidential and the Sapien government tracks my actions (but I could them them my past life if I had the time) as I am a secret super ace pilot of the Sapien race. Before I got into this mess, my mother never wanted me to go to the military and want me to stay with her and live a household life. We live in a nice house with a beautiful scenery high in the mountains. It was really quiet, yet calming there with a handful of neighbors to talk with. But one day the Sapien military came to the house and demanded me to join them or face the eternal consequences. Our neighbors were really curious but the military kept the silence for a while. Eventually, I had no choice, but to join them and do what they say, but before I come along, my mother wants to say "some goodbyes in my bedroom". The Sapien military agreed and allowed us to do so for 3 minutes. As we went to my bedroom, my mother looks down the stairs if there are any soldiers following us, but none of them did, then she locked the door and took out her necklace and hang it to a wall hangar. The necklace began to glow as a trap door opened and a ladder went down, leading to a small, hidden attic. We climbed up and up there's a small chest inside, storing a very old key and she takes it. [Mother] "There is something I need to tell you, my son. Your father wanted to give you this once you've grown up and in case he has gone missing. This is a key to a revelation that holds the secret behind this war of ours. Now go, Li--". Suddenly, a soldier knocked on the door, see if everything was fine, we both said with a yes. [Mother] "May this key keep you from harm" as we part away and I come along with the military.

This message was edited 15 times. Last update was at Mar 06, 2016 06:43

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

As I went along to their armored truck, it was really silent and no Marine would speak. I ask what was the point for, but– [Marine] "I'm sorry sir, but it's very confidential until they interrogate you", I guess so.. After 3 hours of travel, we stopped at a secret base and they put a blindfold on me for security reasons. As we walk along the way, I hear some unsettling things in some rooms, then we entered the interrogation room and they put out my blindfold once we got in and they interrogated me and told me that they want my prodigious flying skills. Sure I only used it for quick trips to the market, but I think they might have saw my encounters with the several Swarmers I singlehandedly killed real quick for weekly self defense. The only person taught me how to fly at the age of 5 was my father, who is currently missing, but at age 13, he began to teach me how to defend myself with various weapons in his hidden arsenal. Another part was off-topic, they speak about my uncanny appearance because I really look like my mother; petite (though I am slightly taller than her), long hair tied in a ponytail-- you know what I mean, right? (note: Valkyrie looks like that character in my profile pic, minus the female chest and his hair is a bit longer) For the final part of the interrogation, they told about their top secret program called "The Dark Souls", a Super Soldier program that trains prodigies into the Sapien's last hopes.The training would lasts 3 years to complete and I also need to keep it as secret to everyone, even with fellow soliders, but not with other Dark Souls as they already went there. They told me that "I must be up to it or else", which I'd have to agree with them.

3 Years later, I am now a full-pledged Dark Soul and here I am, in a battlefield. It's not really that bad as it seems, except if we're fighting the Khraleans, which were notorious for chopping-off Marine heads as they get near. Then suddenly, a man made a distress signal [Man on Radio] "Ey! Tae frickin' bugs ar comin' again, I need mor tanks there, now!!" Though, I believe that those tanks won't help him against burried Underlings, I decided to rush for aid and grabbed a rifle. A commander interrupted me- [Commander] "Hey Valkyrie, what are you doi--" but he stopped and touched his ear piece- [Commander] "nevermind". That was strange, but nevertheless, I continued to rush for aid.

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Feb 06, 2016 03:55

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

It needs a better hook. The beginning looks kind of boring. Don't be discouraged, just edit it
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

true, I didn't have enough concentration to make a complete part of this story, I'll make a little backstory on the initial part, I just needed more time concentrating, then I'll edit the "delay" reply into a second part.

I got so much to do, my tanks, Vainglory, FWT (you'll see them all in my profile), my projects, 18+ of them (currently just doing my starter project)-- you know what I mean right?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 15, 2016 05:55

All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I'd make the back story seep into the main one, rather than having a prologue. Sometimes it works, I don't think it will here. No offense to you.

18 projects? You make me feel lazy

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 15, 2016 20:06

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Ch. 2-1: Scottsman and The Khraleans

As I went out, I crashed into another soldier. As I look up to his face, he is really tall,
nearly twice as tall and he's very muscular, but I glanced is that he has a insignia of a Dark Soul. It looks like he's a part of us, but as I look at him further, he interrupted in a rough voice- [Man] "Ey, whae ya doin here?! No wimp shouldn' be here in this are--!" But as he stop, he saw the same Dark Soul insignia in my left arm- [Man] "Ey, why're's a wimp wearin tae insignia en'ere?! Cae som'one needin a explainin here?!" But then, an announcement rang- [Announcer] "Colonel Scottsman, please report to the battefield immediately, (repeat)", I assume he's Colonel Scottsman. [Scottsman] "Ugh, I'll be back en yu'll be needin som explainin, ye wimp!", and he walked away. Though it was some major misunderstanding, but I followed second and went to an infantry regiment. As I got outside, a marine asked- [Marine1] "Sir, what are your orders?", [Valkyrie] "Soldier, give me the battle plans immediately". As he gave me one and I opened it- [Valkyrie] "So what is the initial plan here?", [Marine1] "Sir, the plan is that Colonel Scottsman will be holding the frontlines until we capture the bases. Our tank battalion isn't ready yet though", [Valkyrie] "I think it's best to capture those bases as soon as possible before the big fight comes, that way the Khraleans won't be able to hold a grip on us [Marine1] "as you wish, sir".

January 20 XXXX, 06:00. After I saw the plans, we immediately move out and capture the northeastern base. During the walk, a soldier asked me if I would be too weak to fight- [Valkyrie] "Soldier, I won't be here if I was that, I had 3 years of intense training, would that answer your question?", [Marine2] "ok sir, we won't let you down", I hope so. As we reach the base, we immediately captured it without any opposition, then we head out to the southwestern base near the frontlines. 07:00, we met with Scottsman's tank battalion. I can already hear his very loud voice half a mile from here, *shudder*, good thing I wasn't part of his battalion. A soldier asked me if I was fine, I replied with a yes. Then suddenly, I feel a small earthquake and I alerted the entire regiment, but then, there was a crack under my feet and I hopped back in response, it was an Underling! I immediately killed it. As I look around, half of the regiment were already struggling and some managed to get out, but the rest were already dead.

This message was edited 9 times. Last update was at Mar 06, 2016 07:04

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

I told them to regroup and launch a counterattack. Despite that the ambush did a number to my troops, we managed to pull ourselves off and fended off the Khraleans. I told the rest of the soldiers to make haste and capture the base immediately. After we captured the 2nd base, we decided to take a little rest and watch the rest of the battalion decimating the entire Pinzer battalion, attaining decisive victory.

[Scottsman]

06:30, Ow tanks ar mor than ready to take down thos pathetic Pinzas en wipe thos wimpy Undalins out of tae battlefield. Tae 1st wave was very easy, jus ae piece o' cake, I couldae jus brin myself en no one else, jus to not waste ammo, bu ther is notin I can do, *sigh* o tae ol' days o' mae hometown. Then suddenly, ae massif wave o thos pathetic Pinzas, ah finally, ae challenge! I order'd mae battalion to attack them immediately. We easily destroy haf o them, bu tae rest managed to get near us, bu despite that they're excellent at clos range, ow bullets ar as powerful as their pincas. They eventually decided to retreat en regroup whi mae battalion will rest and prepare for tae next attack. 07:00, ey, whaes tae wimp doin ere?! I demand ae explanation!! Bu suddenly, ae combined attack began- [Crew Member] "Sir, what are your orders? We can't just sit here and wait for reinforcements", [Scottsman] "Attack, attack, attack! Thos Pinzas ar disorganized, attack their weakest formation, ye hear?!". Then he replied with ae yes sir. As plan'd, we decimated tae weak forces and focus'd tae rest. Bu suddenly, tae ground started to crack. Ugh, those wimpy Undalins ar at it again- [Crew Member] "Sir, a surprise attack! Should we continue our attack?", [Scottsman] "o mae God, soldier, we're not ere to get intimidated! Keep movin, thos wimpy Undalins are not that o ae threat!" en again, he replied with ae yes sir. Well, that ends well, we've decimated tae entire Khral fors, en we took ae rest as we achieved victory. Now, I need ae explanation to tae little wimp I saw, be ready, ye hear?!

This message was edited 12 times. Last update was at Feb 06, 2016 04:05

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Ch. 2-2 The Dark Souls

[Valkyrie]

12:00, as my regiment went to lunch with their rations because we'd need to secure the area before we can move on, I walked up to a small hill and look at the scenery. The area looks pretty, though not as much as to where I live. Too bad that there are a lot of bloodshed in the area, but more on the Khraleans because it was a decisive victory. As I keep staring at the place, a huge shadow eclipses me, and as I look behind, it was Scottsman. Before I could talk- [Scottsman] "ey, why were ye on tae battlefield?!", [Valkyrie] "I thought you needed help as those Underlings may give you trobles", [Scottsman] "No one underestimates tae Scottsman, Dark Soul or not, new or old, Sap or Khral, they'll always tremble against me, ye hear?! I don't want seein ye in tae battlefield, ye hear, I will always work alone!" and he left. *Sigh*, when can I understand him? But then, another soldier came to me, but this time it's a woman. She has medium-short, but a but boyish hair, a pretty face, and is also taller than me- [Woman] "he's always like that, no one from any Dark Soul still can understand him, oh by the way, my codename is Krystale, nice to meet you". Oh, I see that you're a Dark Soul as well, Valkyrie, is it not?", I replied with a yes. As she stares at me for a little- [Krystale] "Hm, I've never seen anyone else rivaling my looks, especially for a guy like you, though I did heard that you do really look like your mother, is it not?", though I nervously replied with a yes. [Krystale] "My, my, getting rosy red red there, eh? Why not come with me and meet with the others", I agreed to do so. 10 minutes later, we entered to a room with the other Dark Souls, I see 5 of them, but I don't see Scottsman unfortunately. Kristale introduced me to the others- [Krystale] "Hey guys, we got a member of the party, his codename is Valkyrie and he'll be with us from now on. Valkyrie, I'll introduce them to you, since I'm the Marine prodigy, meet my sister Rubie, the team's Engineering prodigy, although she's also pretty good at medic". Rubie has blond hair and is longer than Krystale's, though it's close to shoulder
length and unlike her, she's quite more muscular- [Rubie] "Nice to meet you Valkyrie, if you have problems wth something, come see me for repairs or medicine.", [Krystale] "The next one is Jacker, our Marauder ace, he can scout very, very fast and kill an underling in the open in one swoop, awesome isn't it?".

This message was edited 9 times. Last update was at Mar 06, 2016 07:04

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Jacker may look quite thinner than the sisters, but he's looks as capable as everyone else. He has short, spiky brown-blond hair and his uniform seem to look more radical- [Jacker] Whatups my man, got any Underling problems, then call me anytime mate, I'll be always fast for everyone.", [Krystale] "And then there's Cataline, our Battery prodigy, she can destory anything that isn't tanky instantly, though she's not as good in cqc, so protecting her is important in any battles with her". Cataline has the longest hair in the team and she's the second shortest member after me. It is said that she's the most beautiful soldier in the army and she got away with it thanks to her leading Battery skills, although she seems to stare at me with little negativity- [Cataline] "Well hi, I heard that you've attracted quite a lot of attention around the ranks, try not to steal my men's attention! Is that clear?", [Valkyrie] "Yes.. I'll try not to.", [Cataline] "Good! Nice to see you by the way.. *murmuring* You and your ponytail, Humph!". Ok.. Well that was unexpected, especially for me attracted so many already, but I'd keep her wish anyways. [Krystale] "Alright then.. Now here's Van Baron, he's our leading admiral for our Destroyers and he can support our Helicopters from the sea and with his special Destroyers, they can also serve as aircraft carriers as well, perfect for naval warfare". Wow, Van Baron sure looks really badass. He has a charismatic facial hair and claims said that he has one of the strongest muscles out there, though only second to Scottsman- [Van Baron] "Ahoy there lass, nice to see you. Since you're an Helicopter ace, we shall be partners in crime when we fight together with the waters.", [Valkyrie] "Hi there, but one question, why "lass"?", [Van Baron] "Fret not my friend, I do know you are a lad, but I called you a lass because you look like one. *made a hearty laugh* Don't be shy now, it's a complement, I bet you can beat my girl Cataline here *another hearty laugh*.", [Cataline] "Whaaaaat?! How could you do this to me! Now I hate you, old man!", [Van Baron] "Relax lass, he'll keep your wish, ain't that right lass?", [Valkyrie] "Yes", [Jacker] "See, just chill", [Cataline] "Humph!", [Rubie] "Well my, my, looks like we gonna have some jealousy in here, ain't that right sis?", [Cataline] "You too?! Oh cmon guys!", [everyone else] "Relax", [Cataline] "Fine..!". Well that was quite awkward..- [Krystale] "So, I guess that that's everyone now I see-".

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 03, 2016 21:44

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

But then, the door opened and a mysterious man comes in, he gave everyone the chills, even Van Baron- [Krystale] "Oh yeah.. Here's our last member of the team, although we don't know his exact name, we called him Mysterious. He's the team's mysterious researcher, but we haven't know what he specializes with". Mysterious is a shadowy man who wears a mafia hat and his uniform looks like an eerie entity and a detective combined, but nevertheless it is said that he often disappears from everyone in a flash and reappears again at some time, but nevertheless, he gave the best information possible for the army- [Mysterious] So you're the new ace.. You look more than capable enough, but you do look a lot more interesting, I'd want to research you for potential.", [Valkyrie] "*got some chills* Ok... But please don't, you sound like a stalker...", [Mysterious] "Suuuure.. As your wish.. *whispers to Valkyrie* But I'll get to do so anyway.. Because it's my job..". But then, he left. O-oh my god.. That almost made me faint, but then Krystale catches me and asked me if I was alright, I replied with a yes. But then, a broadcast comes in and it is a distressed one, "S-sirs, some random things suddenly came in and they're coming for us- *got scared* Ahhh- *broadcast stopped*". Huh, that also gave chills to everyone in the room- [Valkyrie] "So, what was that about?", but no one responded, it did sound scary though, but then, an announcement came- [Announcer] "General Valkyrie, please come to the President's Quarters, (repeat)". Looks like they need me, I'll be there shortly and bid farewell to the others.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 04, 2016 23:35

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

So I made some updates on the story:

-Instead of saying "said" before a dialogue comes in, names are now present and it is related to who's talking.

-Some minor changes of how the story is said

that is all

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

01:00 PM/13:00, I went in to the President's Quarters, but he's not in there at the moment, but I waited anyway. 30 minutes after the wait I have met the President himself alongside with the best general of the Sapien army at 5-star rank, General Gentel- [Gentel] "Good afternoon, Brigadier General Valkyrie, the President and I summoned you here to an important mission." General Gentel may look quite young, but he's much older than you'd expect. He's 65 years old and still leading the army, although he said he'd retire either in 5 years or this year- [Gentel] "We have encountered a mysterious type of entity and it gave terror across the ranks. I want you to investigate alongside with Lieutenant General Scottsman, but in stealth. We all know that he has problems with other generals, but you're new to the army, so I think we have a chance to make him more open to you and eventually to everyone else because he's the only general with the best armored warfare strategy and there's no one else in our efforts that can outperform him. As we were discussing our briefing without you, and we said that we'd send a special force to dig deep inside of the abandoned base that was last broadcasted from the Dark Souls". [Valkyrie] "I have a question, wouldn't Krystale be a better candidate for the mission?" [Gentel] "Excellent question. But we chose you instead because Krystale is going to be in another mission and you're the only one that has a chance to smoothen Scottsman's mind, and also you performed relatively well with your squad during your last fight, so we'd want you to make us proud again, is that understood, Brigadier General?" [Valkyrie] "Yes sir!". [Gentel] "Alright, you are now dismissed, good luck out there".

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 04, 2016 02:06

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Ch. 2-3: Undetected and Unexpected

03:00, My spec ops are ready to travel through the abandoned base while Scottsman is launching an attack on the frontlines, although he doesn't know that I'm leading the infiltration. We walk through the forest and went on alert if there are any threats ahead. It looked like things are silent, too silent to be precise. But all the sudden, a shot nearly missed me from my right and it alerted everyone- [Valkryie] "Take cover!". As I look around the forest, I see big, metallic entities. What are those things? They look really big and robotic. I don't know what their intensions are but we're gonna have to kill them to move on. Despite of the surprise attack, everyone managed to hide in the trees and in some big rocks. We tried to return fire, but their armor were too thick to penetrate, even at headshots. They keep firing at us and they managed to hit and lightly wound some, but no one was killed yet. Our medics are healing the wounded with haste as the attack is still raging on. Then a spec op crawls into me- [Spec Op] "Sir, we can't penetrate their armor! I'll try to throw a grenade on them!". He threw one into a pair of robots. It did manage to damage them, but it hasn't killed them- [Valkyrie] "This is bad, looks like their going to foil our plans, but we can't fail this! (talking to himself) Think, Valkyrie! What should you do?!". I think more and more until another shot nearly missed me again, but this time, it was near to my neck, but then- [Valkyrie] "Soldier, I got an idea, you see their necks?" [Spec Op] "Yes sir!" [Valkyrie] "Shoot one of them in the neck while I shoot another, now go!". We made an attempted effort to fire on their necks. A few shots and it killed them. I told all of the able bodied soldiers to do what I've done. It's working, we've killed off a third of them without casualties, causing the robots to actually take cover as well. But all the sudden, a mini earthquake alerted everyone and it was growing stronger little by little, it felt like an Underling's earthquake, but why would there be one here? But it was getting really stronger at the second- [Valkyrie] (shouting) "Into the trees, NOW!!". Everyone managed to do so before it emerges into the ground. We all see a group of Underlings, but why they look different? They also look robotic and slightly bigger than a normal Underling. I don't understand...

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at Mar 06, 2016 07:05

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

They now try to climb into the trees, but we fired at them in response, they also don't take damage, but it does hurt and slow them down more. Oh hell, we're also running low on ammo and things are in terrible condition. To save bullets, I grabbed my .50 cal revolver and shoot at a robotic Underling. One shot and it was drop dead, whew, it was really, really terrible when it comes to Underlings climbing onto you, but being robotic, oh no.. I'd rather stay on a volcano for 3 hours than to be surprised by a robotic Underling in a forest! Anyways, I told the rest to grab their revolvers and start killing. We managed to get rid of them and things are at peace for a short time. I thought of an idea and I think it'd be a great idea. My plan is to have all stay above the trees and drop anything explosive on the robots. They seem to be unaware. We did as I told them to do, it really worked. the robots are at their breaking point, but all the sudden, they teleported out of the forest. What the hell?! All this time we wasted our supplies on them?! Who's leading them?! (sigh) But then, I calmed down and told the rest to keep moving above to avoid any possible attacks from below. We kept travelling above until we see a mountain range in front of us and we finally went down. We then climbed up into the mountain range and reach the higher grounds.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Mar 04, 2016 13:52

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

04:00, We've reached the higher grounds and I let the soldiers take a quick rest and send out some scouts to look out for any hostilities. 10 minutes later, they came back they reported that there are no enemies in the area and we all moved out. 04:30, along the way, we've apparently see disabled robots scattered around the area. I told the group to examine them, but all the sudden Mysterious suddenly came behind me and it really scared the hell out of me!- [Valkyrie] "What the hell, Mysterious?!" [Mysterious] "Did I do something wrong?" [Valkyrie] "Quit it!!" [Mysterious] "Oh, I'm sorry friend, but it's the way I investigate, please get use to it." [Valkyrie] "(sigh) Why.." [Mysterious] "Anyways, you got yourself a good find. Can I use them?" [Valkyrie] Yes, you can do whatever you want with them." [Mysterious] "Good, I thank you friend". Mysterious grabbed a pair of knives, high-voltage knives to be exact.. He quickly stabs all of the robots to shut them down whithin 10 seconds. Wow, he's really that fast when the area is pretty wide?- [Mysterious] Done, now I will call my research team to gather intelligence from these fine specimen. Now you can go the the base, just walk straight and you'll see it. Thank you for your time". We further walked through the mountains as some of us, including me, went to the top of the highest mountain, which we are on. I can see Scottsman's tank battalion fighting against the robots and a few robotic tanks? What's going on here? Is this another race? Though, it looks like both forces are struggling in that fierce battle and many are just staying in cover, but nevertheless, we must push on. 05:00, we've encountered robot patrol in the forest-mountain border area, although we can see the robot bases in the north and the abandobed base further to the east. Although it's easy to bypass the patrol, but it would take more time doing so, but suddenly, the are being reported and teleported away. I think it would be safe for us to go through the forest for now. Since it's a time-constrained mission, we can't afford to take too much time hanging around, so we went through. Fortunately, we find nothing along the way.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 06, 2016 07:53

Forum Index » UniWar: Origins